Sorry All You Weak-Minded Christians, "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven" Was A Liar.

I agree that most biblical and religious history scholars think that the Apostles believe they saw Jesus alive after he was executed. No one actually saw himcome back to life.
There are other stories where witnesses claim to have seen miraculous events, including resurrections, that are not Christian in their origin. By your standards, these stories are just as true as Jesus's resurrection. Why don't you believe these stories?
I'm not familiar with the Minimal Facts Approach, but it doesn't sound very compellng. More facts seems better than minimal facts.
Since the resurrection itself takes place in the blink of eye, you should expect to see that process take place. There are no resurrection appearances before Christ in various groups. He is the one and only, the firstfruits.

It's not about less facts, but take what skeptical scholars concede as true and use that to prove Jesus so you really are without excuse. That's why it is called MFA.

That isn't conclusive evidence. if God wants me to find Him, He knows what it will to lead me to Him: evidence that could pass rigorous skeptical analysis.

I agree that most biblical and religious history scholars think that the Apostles believe they saw Jesus alive after he was executed. No one actually saw himcome back to life.
There are other stories where witnesses claim to have seen miraculous events, including resurrections, that are not Christian in their origin. By your standards, these stories are just as true as Jesus's resurrection. Why don't you believe these stories?
I'm not familiar with the Minimal Facts Approach, but it doesn't sound very compellng. More facts seems better than minimal facts.
Since the resurrection itself takes place in the blink of eye, you should expect to see that process take place. There are no resurrection appearances before Christ in various groups. He is the one and only, the firstfruits.

It's not about less facts, but take what skeptical scholars concede as true and use that to prove Jesus so you really are without excuse. That's why it is called MFA.

That isn't conclusive evidence. if God wants me to find Him, He knows what it will to lead me to Him: evidence that could pass rigorous skeptical analysis.
Rigorously, God knows you can't find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles. God knows what will lead you to Him, but He doesn't force His love on you, so He gives you the proof and pleads with you to see you have not found a naturalistic explanation, therefore, if you were truly searching Him out with all your heart and soul you would have found Him.

An update -

Turns out daddy is a real scam artist who used his son to make "boatloads of money".

=========

EXCLUSIVE: Father of boy who says he made up memoir of time in heaven now accused of profiting from 'scam' - as mother fought for years to prove book about paradise was a lie
  • The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven supposedly told the story of how Alex Malarkey, six, came out of coma and described Paradise
  • His father Kevin was co-author and became a hit on the speaking circuit
  • Last week Alex revealed the book was made up and publisher pulled it - saying they did not know about concerns until now
  • Alex's mother says she tried to expose the truth for years but was ignored because people were making 'a boat load of money'
  • Kevin Malarkey's home was so close to being repossessed just days before he signed book deal
  • He was sole copyright holder for the book - and used it to blame his son for the accident, to fury of his estranged wife

Read more: Father of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven now accused of profiting from scam Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

24BED72E00000578-0-image-a-38_1421962005718.jpg

The kid admits he's a liar so who knows what happened.? Maybe he told the truth before and was then paid by some anti-christian group to recant his story now.

hahaha SURE that's what it was. Does God like you being a liar or gullible? Because you're either stupid or being intellectually dishonest. Not just with us but with yourself.

We have told you all before that your experiences with the divine are all in your head. Even if he didn't make it up on purpose, the mind is a pretty powerful thing and if he was brainwashed with god talk before he went into a coma then of course his dreams would take him there.

Anyone who thinks they saw a ghost or angel is not lying. They really believe it. Doesn't make it true.

The kid admits he's a liar so who knows what happened.? Maybe he told the truth before and was then paid by some anti-christian group to recant his story now.

hahaha SURE that's what it was. Does God like you being a liar or gullible? Because you're either stupid or being intellectually dishonest. Not just with us but with yourself.

We have told you all before that your experiences with the divine are all in your head. Even if he didn't make it up on purpose, the mind is a pretty powerful thing and if he was brainwashed with god talk before he went into a coma then of course his dreams would take him there.

Anyone who thinks they saw a ghost or angel is not lying. They really believe it. Doesn't make it true.

ShootSpeeders needs to read the link I just posted ^^^ And look at the photos.

The kid is the victim in this pack of lies.

The way I knew it was a lie before it was exposed was because he was having communications with relatives in heaven, but that is impossible because the Bible teaches soul sleep awaiting resurrection at the end of this age together (1 Thess. 4.14-18).

The way I knew it was a lie before it was exposed was because he was having communications with relatives in heaven, but that is impossible because the Bible teaches soul sleep awaiting resurrection at the end of this age together (1 Thess. 4.14-18).

In fact, Scripture teaches it is the body that is "asleep" (dead). The spirit is alive, awaiting the resurrection of the body. Here are a few passages to consider:

* In Revelation, John writes of conscious spirits under the altar of God
* 1 Peter tells of Christ speaking to spirits who were in prison
* Transfiguration includes the conscious spirits of Abraham, Moses, Elijah
* Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man tell of conscious state after death
* Paul's desire to depart and be with Christ indicates he does not picture his soul as sleeping.
* Matthew 27 tells us how the bodies who had fallen asleep arose...

I've actually heard Christians on am bible radio say something similar. That the bible or Jesus said that until he comes back, no other ghosts/angels/devils/demons/witches will be here on earth. In other words, the dead do not come back. Only Jesus comes back. So basically they were telling Christians that claiming to have seen a ghost or anything like that goes against what the bible says.

I would like it if all Christians knew this. Then they would stop seeing things that aren't there.

In fact, Scripture teaches it is the body that is "asleep" (dead). The spirit is alive, awaiting the resurrection of the body. Here are a few passages to consider:

* In Revelation, John writes of conscious spirits under the altar of God
* 1 Peter tells of Christ speaking to spirits who were in prison
* Transfiguration includes the conscious spirits of Abraham, Moses, Elijah
* Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man tell of conscious state after death
* Paul's desire to depart and be with Christ indicates he does not picture his soul as sleeping.
* Matthew 27 tells us how the bodies who had fallen asleep arose...
The spirit and soul of man in sleep is not awake.

John does not write they are under the altar awake. They have been resurrected given white robes.

When Jesus went down to Paradise below, the communication was figuratively, because we are living souls with a body and spirit. Our souls can't function without a body. They may have been given temporary ability to speak but immediately after that they go into sleep.

The scene of the transfiguration was seeing the future.

Between Paul's death and resurrection is sleep. No man can come before the High Priest naked without a body.

Matt. 27 are firstfruits companions with Christ who came out of the graves.

I've actually heard Christians on am bible radio say something similar. That the bible or Jesus said that until he comes back, no other ghosts/angels/devils/demons/witches will be here on earth. In other words, the dead do not come back. Only Jesus comes back. So basically they were telling Christians that claiming to have seen a ghost or anything like that goes against what the bible says.

I would like it if all Christians knew this. Then they would stop seeing things that aren't there.
There's no communication with people in soul sleep. Evil spirits pretend to be loved ones to give a false suggestion.

There's no communication with people in soul sleep. Evil spirits pretend to be loved ones to give a false suggestion.

Every once in a while, I will read one of your posts -

- and walk away, shaking my head.

What are you having problems with?

You're more than welcome to your beliefs but I just don't like or trust your brand of holier than thou preaching. And you come up with some really outrageous stuff.

So, I don't usually read what you write. When I do, my mouth drops open.

And I always stop reading when a religious thread gets into the inevitable I'm a better christian than you are pissing contest.

To each their own.

994347b6591a89719c9b643066df6c540eb9b88a20bd0584283dddd0fba4ae4d_zps47a23062.jpg

You're more than welcome to your beliefs but I just don't like or trust your brand of holier than thou preaching. And you come up with some really outrageous stuff.

And I always stop reading when a religious thread gets into the inevitable I'm a better christian than you are pissing contest.

To each their own.

994347b6591a89719c9b643066df6c540eb9b88a20bd0584283dddd0fba4ae4d_zps47a23062.jpg
You can't come before the High Priest naked. Nice try.

and I told you this is unbiblical and you started talking about earthquakes.

To each their own.

You can't come before the High Priest naked. Nice try.

I don't think that's what he was doing. Besides, if the high priest is married I'm sure his wife would disagree

and I told you this is unbiblical and you started talking about earthquakes.
Revelation 6.12 says "great earthquake" before the Tribulation starts.

A movie staring actor Greg Kinear, "Heaven Is Real" was based upon the book. Weak-Minded, Brain-Washed So-Called "Christians" flocked to movie claiming it was proof of the love of a god that is not real.
a bit of clarification for you and the Huffpost author......Heaven is real is not based upon the book "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven," by Alex Malarkey and his father, Kevin Malarkey, a Christian therapist in Ohio.

it is based upon the book "Heaven is Real" written by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent

I realize this sort of fucks up your thread, but that doesn't really bother me......

{clarification: upon rereading the HuffPo article I see that the author did not claim the movie was based upon this book.......that misrepresentation is solely the act of the OP}

Last edited:
Revelation 6:13

"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind."

Care to explain how stars can fall to earth.

Last edited:
Revelation 6:13

"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind."

Care to explain how stars can fall to earth.

Opening Seals Rev. 6.1-8.5

"The stars of the heaven fell unto the earth"—(1) These stars may refer to meteors; and (2) Since stars are far bigger than the earth, how can they fall upon the earth? Most likely they are to fall in a direction towards the earth rather than fall upon the earth.

It can also be figurative language, for in the Time leading up to and the Tribulation itself things are happening so fast that it seems like the stars are bigger than normal.

Either way is perfectly acceptable unless we can determine which explanation is more likely.

Forum List

Back