Source: Progress Kentucky Behind Mitch McConnell Campaign Recording

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
well now we have it. This should get interesting as to whether or not this gets prosecuted.

Do we have any legal beagles on the board right now? I'd love some input.

Kentucky law says it is a felony “to overhear, record amplify or transmit any part of a wire or oral communication of others without the consent of at least one party thereto by means of any electric, mechanical or other device."

But if the conversation was audible from a hallway, it's disputable whether recording qualifies as eavesdropping.

The McConnell team has issued a statement:

The McConnell campaign has responded to the revelation that the liberal super PAC is behind the leaked audio.

"WFPL's reports that left-wing activists illegally recorded a private meeting inside our campaign headquarters are very disturbing," says McConnell campaign manager Jesse Benton. "At this point, we understand that the FBI is immersed in an intensive criminal investigation and must defer any further comment to them."

Whole story is at this link:

Source: Progress Kentucky Behind Mitch McConnell Campaign Recording | WFPL

I wonder how the McConnell campaign knew of the source? They seemed to be well-prepped for this.

I wonder how the McConnell campaign knew of the source? They seemed to be well-prepped for this.

When will people learn to read links that are provided? Try it! It's better than manufacturing shit in your head.

The people who made the recording bragged to a Democratic party authority, and he exposed them.

Jacob Conway, who is on the executive committee of the Jefferson County Democratic Party, says that day, Shawn Reilly and Curtis Morrison, who founded and volunteered for Progress Kentucky, respectively, bragged to him about how they recorded the meeting.

The Democrat Party appears to have given them up.

Due to copyright regs I con't put up the whole article here; but if you go the link you'll get the whole deal.

Jacob Conway, who is on the executive committee of the Jefferson County Democratic Party, says that day, Shawn Reilly and Curtis Morrison, who founded and volunteered for Progress Kentucky, respectively, bragged to him about how they recorded the meeting.

Source: Progress Kentucky Behind Mitch McConnell Campaign Recording | WFPL

When will people learn to read links that are provided? Try it! It's better than manufacturing shit in your head.

The people who made the recording bragged to a Democratic party authority, and he exposed them.

Man, you're fucking tense. I was just pointing out that the McConnell campaign seemed to know the details well before this news report came out.

Forum List

Back