SouthCom Commander calls for "Marshall Plan for Latin America"

Harpy Eagle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2017

US Southern Command Chief General Laura Richardson called on leaders in her country to devise some “Marshall Plan” in Latin America replicating the one enacted in post-World War II Europe, which is highly necessary to neutralize Chinese and Russian influence in the region.

During her appearance at the Aspen Security Forum last week, Richardson recalled that not all countries recovered from the Covid-19 pandemic, leaving them vulnerable to help from Moscow and Beijing, who are “taking advantage.”

This is a great idea, but we are too stupid as a country to spend our money this wisely, we will just instead whine about China gaining too much influence and keep spending trillions on wars in other countries.

We are often our own worst enemy.

Odd how we see no problem helping Ukraine, Thailand, well, pick the country over there but it must be stopped when other countries do the same closer to here.

US Southern Command Chief General Laura Richardson called on leaders in her country to devise some “Marshall Plan” in Latin America replicating the one enacted in post-World War II Europe, which is highly necessary to neutralize Chinese and Russian influence in the region.

During her appearance at the Aspen Security Forum last week, Richardson recalled that not all countries recovered from the Covid-19 pandemic, leaving them vulnerable to help from Moscow and Beijing, who are “taking advantage.”

This is a great idea, but we are too stupid as a country to spend our money this wisely, we will just instead whine about China gaining too much influence and keep spending trillions on wars in other countries.

We are often our own worst enemy.
i haven't heard many better ideas for keeping the immigrants at home and perhaps liberalizing and diversifying their own countries.

a worldwide economic boom including the massive stimulus from rebuilding ukraine snd the improvements in renewable energy and this species might even make it through the next few centuries.

this post is in the context of every other post before it. shake that out your coconut tree.

Oh for fuck's sake.

How about just dusting off the Monroe Doctrine to kick out the interlopers?

That would be stupid. Here's the problem. While we have been using an increasingly diminishing military capacity to try to bully the world, China is building relationships with the Belt and Road initiative.

And here's the result.

1721820632696.png

That would be stupid. Here's the problem. While we have been using an increasingly diminishing military capacity to try to bully the world, China is building relationships with the Belt and Road initiative.

And here's the result.

View attachment 983035

Yep, while we were wasting a trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan China was doing this. Then we whine and bitch about China having too much influence.

Odd how we see no problem helping Ukraine, Thailand, well, pick the country over there but it must be stopped when other countries do the same closer to here.
Yes! The very same dumb Americans who support the Monroe Doctrine and would use it to justify war and foreign interventions in the western hemisphere, support the war in Ukraine and against China, should they repossess Taiwan.

These people are ignorant hypocrites who are easily controlled by state propaganda.

Yep, while we were wasting a trillions in Iraq and Afghanistan China was doing this. Then we whine and bitch about China having too much influence.

I have a bias, in that my wife is from China. She and her family are some of the nicest people I know. So when I see some wingnuts demonizing China while they waddle their asses down to Walmart to buy Chinese made products have always struck me as hypocritical.

We need to be fixing our own problems, instead of worrying about China.

That´s American exceptionalism. You can´t interfere in US elections, but there must be an official US candidate in each county´s election, else it isn´t democratic. You might think that would result in the US being totally undemocratic but they do have American candidates, right? lol.

I have a bias, in that my wife is from China. She and her family are some of the nicest people I know. So when I see some wingnuts demonizing China while they waddle their asses down to Walmart to buy Chinese made products have always struck me as hypocritical.

True. China won´t go away but they can withhold Chinese made goods.

China is a totalitarian state, that the establishment in the US wishes to emulate. However, even China treats it’s average citizens better than the US.

It’s likely no nation in the history of civilization has been more successful at reducing poverty among it’s massive population.

China is a totalitarian state, that the establishment in the US wishes to emulate. However, even China treats it’s average citizens better than the US.

It’s likely no nation in the history of civilization has been more successful at reducing poverty among it’s massive population.

China also for the most part does not try to impose its values on countries it does business with.

This is a lesson the US should learn.

Forum List

Back