CDZ Space Force will be the most important military arm going forward.

The natural extension would be the Navy and naval protocol if we built larger military ships in orbit.
You can be damn sure China will militarize space once they are capable, best we stay on top.

Most sci-fi literature has used naval protocol as a basis for command for decades including television like Star Trek and more current The Expanse.

Space Force does sound cheesy.

People laugh at the name now, but the Space Force will be the most important military arm that we have......as it was once said he who controls the oceans controls the world, whoever can control space will control the world. This should have been done decades ago.........starting with satellites, arming satellites for both missile attacks on other satellites and ground targets to actual space craft to do the same........
Oooh another arms race. Yippee. That should convince the world of our peaceful intentions.
I kinda think that it's a catch up on our behalf. It's my understanding that we are lagging in that
particular technology.

With what is at stake, and what we do know about other countries capabilities,
I would want to err on the side of caution, than face the consequences of doing nothing.
I know, I know....my common sense gets in the way of wishful thinking

People laugh at the name now, but the Space Force will be the most important military arm that we have......as it was once said he who controls the oceans controls the world, whoever can control space will control the world. This should have been done decades ago.........starting with satellites, arming satellites for both missile attacks on other satellites and ground targets to actual space craft to do the same........
Rumor has it that there are satellites now that could launch a nuke set to explode several hundred miles above us and knock down the grid and fry most microprocessors. The media doesn't like to talk much about it nor do politicians.

The problem with a satellite like that is that it could fall right on your own head.

Oooh another arms race. Yippee. That should convince the world of our peaceful intentions.

Whether you like it or not, Russia and China are enemies rushing to develop their militaries to defeat their enemies.......sitting on our hands will end up the way the Indians ended up when the Europeans arrived.

I kinda think that it's a catch up on our behalf. It's my understanding that we are lagging in that
particular technology.
Hardening our satellites is one thing, weaponizing them is another.

particular technology.
Hardening our satellites is one thing, weaponizing them is another.
Yeah, I understand, we'll just let our adversaries weaponize theirs and we'll take the high road.

Space Force is a joke

It will be eliminated as soon as Trump is gone

Whether you like it or not, Russia and China are enemies rushing to develop their militaries to defeat their enemies.......sitting on our hands will end up the way the Indians ended up when the Europeans arrived.

Russia and China are escalating Cyber Warfare......that is the real threat

Lol, we don't even have a space capable vehicle anymore.

It's a joke. They stole the star-trek logo for god's sake.

It will quickly be dismissed in practice. Largely because the redundancy makes no sense.

I agree. A separate space command should have been set up back in the 1960's. If we had done that, we probably would have a manned station on the Moon by now as well as orbital space stations around the Earth. Our space program now is in pretty sad shape wrt manned space travel. We have to depend on the Russians to send our astronauts into space. Hopefully the Space Force will change that.

I agree. A separate space command should have been set up back in the 1960's. If we had done that, we probably would have a manned station on the Moon by now as well as orbital space stations around the Earth. Our space program now is in pretty sad shape wrt manned space travel. We have to depend on the Russians to send our astronauts into space. Hopefully the Space Force will change that.
We have NASA to do that

We do not need to militarize space

Rumor has it that there are satellites now that could launch a nuke set to explode several hundred miles above us and knock down the grid and fry most microprocessors. The media doesn't like to talk much about it nor do politicians.
I dont even like to think about it

but it is possible

America is not the only world superpower in cyber warfare which extends into space

we better wake up and catch up before its too late

You're not even considering the implications of the silly things you talk about. 'Space Force'? No. What you're talking about is 'Atmosphere Patrol or 'Moon Patrol'. You can't control that of which you have a minimal of understanding, like this *pResident.

How? By magic? Creating a ridiculous new agency changes absolutely nothing. We still have a space program with finite resources for exploration. Without it, the whole idea is useless.

We need a Global Warming Force

It faces a greater threat than Space Force

Forum List

Back