SpaceX Rocket...Explodes

Going with a less well funded company would merely be entirely footing the bill for their design and development, and even greater risk of failure due to lack of funding.

I maintain that we don't know that for the simple reason that we would missing out on the opportunity to build better launch vehicles if we always went with already created designs. Like I said, somebody had to take big risks to build the jet engines that now routinely carry millions of passengers on a daily basis.
$3 billion for a project that never completes is $3 billion wasted.

But you know how NASA works, they operate heavily on the sunk cost fallacy. When SpaceX burns through the $3 billion, they'll ask for more and since NASA doesn't have any alternatives, they'll keep pitching good money after bad.

We asked for a lander, and Musk is spending it all on a rocket. It's illogical.

We've designed ONE moon lander 50 years ago. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Since you are a JD, tell us how people get out of contracts.
There can be numerous ways...but the obvious answer is they simply breach the contract, walk away...there might be damages, but that's how they do it. In this case, if they are litereally spending millions and the party is not performing as promised...they actually might have a case that Space X breached by not delivering a product as promised.

Not that hard of a concept. People get out of leases agreements daily an obvious and routine example.

But you know how NASA works, they operate heavily on the sunk cost fallacy. When SpaceX burns through the $3 billion, they'll ask for more and since NASA doesn't have any alternatives, they'll keep pitching good money after bad.

And $3 billion for a project that results in a new, better rocket design is $3 billion well spent. You seem determined that this will fail, but they're already making big strides forward. Why are you so determined that it won't work?

Sounds like you made a great case for why Xiden could get out of his contract with SpaceX if he wanted to....why won't he?

There can be numerous ways...but the obvious answer is they simply breach the contract, walk away...there might be damages, but that's how they do it. In this case, if they are litereally spending millions and the party is not performing as promised...they actually might have a case that Space X breached by not delivering a product as promised.

Not that hard of a concept. People get out of leases agreements daily an obvious and routine example.
Okay then. Tell us how SpaceX is in breach of contract.

And $3 billion for a project that results in a new, better rocket design is $3 billion well spent. You seem determined that this will fail, but they're already making big strides forward. Why are you so determined that it won't work?
We don't need a rocket design. We need a lander. We have rockets.

LOL. No it's not. It's turning into Parler or Truth Social. And losing advertisers and subscribers.
Soon, it'll be just another alt-right bitchfest circle jerk. :)
I still see Twitter as the largest social influencer, most major news outlets use Twitter or quote from Twitter. That may change however currently they seem to still be king of the quotes.

hahaha you made an argument for how they failed to preform in the contract. Geez man.

You are clueless as the day is long.
No, I didn't. You are misinterpreting my post.

I'll ask again what the breach of contract is.

No, I didn't. You are misinterpreting my post.

I'll ask again what the breach of contract is.
No, I am highlighting how you made a good argument for the Xiden admin to pull out...

No, I am highlighting how you made a good argument for the Xiden admin to pull out...

How does that breach the contract?

um...according to you we asked or a lander...and Musk isn't delivering on it, in fact he's spending the money on something different.

geez man...this really isn't rocket science.

But hey, now you seem to be doing a 180 and defending Space X...weird...but whatever

um...according to you we asked or a lander...and Musk isn't delivering on it, in fact he's spending the money on something different.

geez man...this really isn't rocket science.

But hey, now you seem to be doing a 180 and defending Space X...weird...but whatever
I didn't claim he was in breach of contract, you did.

I didn't claim he was in breach of contract, you did.

well if we ask for one thing, and they are building something else, that's a breach. If I contract with a company to build me a house, and they build me a barn...it's a breach.

If we asked for a lander, and they are building a rocket...well...geez....

This isn't rocket science

well if we ask for one thing, and they are building something else, that's a breach. If I contract with a company to build me a house, and they build me a barn...it's a breach.

If we asked for a lander, and they are building a rocket...well...geez....

This isn't rocket science
The contract is to place a lander on the moon. They need the rocket to get it there. It’s part of the contract.

If you don’t know the basics, I’m going to stop responding because you’re wasting my time.

Forum List

Back