Speaking of blades

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
What do you think of this hand crafted double headed war axe?

il_794xN.3532555491_7zqq.jpg

What do you think of this hand crafted double headed war axe?

il_794xN.3532555491_7zqq.jpg

Take care it does not "widen" your grin for you . . .

Myself, I am not a fan of axes or hammers as melee weapons—too much commitment to the swing. Nevertheless, the cool factor is high in this one.

Take care it does not "widen" your grin for you . . .

Myself, I am not a fan of axes or hammers as melee weapons—too much commitment to the swing. Nevertheless, the cool factor is high in this one.
Meh, double bit axes are not actual weapons though, they are fantasy weapons to simply look cool.

And they do.

So they fill the role they have quite well.

Been watching Vikings Valhalla. It is cool!
I purchased some stuff off Etsy recently, for some reason that showed up in my inbox though I never searched for anything like that.

Real Danish axes were usually unadorned, single bit, utilitarian tools/weapons. The name "vikings" is from the old English meaning "pirate".

I purchased some stuff off Etsy recently, for some reason that showed up in my inbox though I never searched for anything like that.

Real Danish axes were usually unadorned, single bit, utilitarian tools/weapons. The name "vikings" is from the old English meaning "pirate".
I never really considered battle axes, other than somebody's jokes about their mother-in-law, until the movie The Patriot. Then, with that movie, I was truck with the utility as an infantry weapon of war, when all else failed, even in modern day, as being brutally effective. I kind of favor (for that purpose) small rounded blade front with a hammer or spike protrusion rear.
1647878145391.png

Forum List

Back