🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Springtime In Paris.....

Springtime in Seattle. Paris is safer than the US. All of Europe is safer than the US.
Europe seems to be doing everything they can to catch up. They appear to be doing a pretty good job of it.
Nope. Not even close. If your world view is fomed by fox and bitpart then it might seem so.
Screw Fox and whatever bitpart is. You may wish to look up crime statistic trends. The US is heading in the right direction, Europe not so much.

I'm always amazed to hear Europeans look down on the US in so many ways and never look at their own. The US is vastly superior to every European country in the ability to incorporate new immigrants. Are US muslims concentrated in ghettos? No that's a European thing. How about Vietnamese that moved to the US following that horrid war? Where are the Vietnamese now? They're everywhere. You can find concentrations, but for the most part they are everywhere, My mother's next door neighbors are Vietnamese. The "Vietnamese" next door to my mom include the starting third baseman for the local high school, his sister that so far I can still beat on a golf course, not for much longer and their baby sister that threw up on me last Thanksgiving. The whole European attitude of superiority is over.
Americans are nice people. Your gun laws drag you down. Its why Europe is safer and more civilised.

Springtime in Seattle. Paris is safer than the US. All of Europe is safer than the US.
Europe seems to be doing everything they can to catch up. They appear to be doing a pretty good job of it.
Nope. Not even close. If your world view is fomed by fox and bitpart then it might seem so.
Screw Fox and whatever bitpart is. You may wish to look up crime statistic trends. The US is heading in the right direction, Europe not so much.

I'm always amazed to hear Europeans look down on the US in so many ways and never look at their own. The US is vastly superior to every European country in the ability to incorporate new immigrants. Are US muslims concentrated in ghettos? No that's a European thing. How about Vietnamese that moved to the US following that horrid war? Where are the Vietnamese now? They're everywhere. You can find concentrations, but for the most part they are everywhere, My mother's next door neighbors are Vietnamese. The "Vietnamese" next door to my mom include the starting third baseman for the local high school, his sister that so far I can still beat on a golf course, not for much longer and their baby sister that threw up on me last Thanksgiving. The whole European attitude of superiority is over.
Americans are nice people. Your gun laws drag you down. Its why Europe is safer and more civilised.
Not for long. In the US the number of guns has exploded in the last 20-25 years, just as one time frame. In 2014 the homicide rate in the US was at it's lowest level in 51 years. Keep in mind that 50% of gun deaths are perpetrated by young black males, their victims? 90% are other young black males. The US has a problem with gun violence, concentrated in large urban areas where the police are not allowed to enforce the law like in the rest of the country.

Not for long. In the US the number of guns has exploded in the last 20-25 years, just as one time frame. In 2014 the homicide rate in the US was at it's lowest level in 51 years. Keep in mind that 50% of gun deaths are perpetrated by young black males, their victims? 90% are other young black males. The US has a problem with gun violence, concentrated in large urban areas where the police are not allowed to enforce the law like in the rest of the country.
Arent they American ?

Arent they American ?
Absolutely. But is the problem guns? Gun ownership goes up. Murder rates go down. Fact. Is the problem guns or a culture that refuses to allow policing?

Now you do have a point. Our attitude of assimilation has stood us in good stead over the history of our nation. Europe, unfortunetly, does not have that attitude. However, there are people now in power that work to change that attitude in the US. So we need to be sure not to let that happen.

Arent they American ?
Absolutely. But is the problem guns? Gun ownership goes up. Murder rates go down. Fact. Is the problem guns or a culture that refuses to allow policing?
But we have a lot further to go before we are down even to the gun death rate per 100,000 of even Canada.

Now you do have a point. Our attitude of assimilation has stood us in good stead over the history of our nation. Europe, unfortunetly, does not have that attitude. However, there are people now in power that work to change that attitude in the US. So we need to be sure not to let that happen.
While i'm not a Trump fan, I think that's nonsense. As much as I could rail about Trump I see no evidence that he is some racist. The wall? Some of us look at that as border security not racial. A county deserves to have national security, national security is impossible without border security.

Arent they American ?
But we have a lot further to go before we are down even to the gun death rate per 100,000 of even Canada.
Agreed, but is the issue guns? More guns has not led to an increase in homicide rates. Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere?

Forum List

Back