stairs vs steps

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
i know people use those two words interchangeably but technically, stairs are inside our homes and inside buildings while steps are outside.

Last edited:
So, what is the plan behind reminding us of the obvious ? Seems like a step too far .

So, what is the plan behind reminding us of the obvious ? Seems like a step too far .
i've noticed this isn't obvious to some people when i watch people being interviewed by the media.

But the term “Media “ has itself had its meaning changed arbitrarily . And this is beyond confusing for the Sheeple who now have no way of seeing what is true and what is not . A million times more dangerous than not knowing whether you have fallen down some steps or the stairs .

i know people use those two words interchangeably but technically, stairs are inside our homes and inside buildings while steps are outside.
Just trying to figure out why we have step-ups inside my gym I workout at then... since they are placed inside the building and not outside of it?

Just trying to figure out why we have step-ups inside my gym I workout at then... since they are placed inside the building and not outside of it?
there are exceptions for businesses like your gym calling those things steps. thank you for pointing that out.

Stairs are one interconnected set.

Steps are individual pieces separated inbetween.

That's why it's called a stepladder, because each step has no backing where each one is separate. Yet the staircase is called that because each step is enclosed into the entire system.

Or one could argue stairs are the entire structure as a whole, and the step is each individual section you step on.

But saying one is for inside and one is for outside it incorrect. That idea comes from improper usage of a word over. Kind of like how people call all colas coke, or all cotton swabs qtips, all tissues Kleenex, and so on. It's something that has been misused so much it's now considerd correct.

Or like the phrase "we only use 10% of our brain" so everything we think it means we have all of this untapped potential when the original phrase was used in reference to processor's in computers. It means we use a small percent for thought but the rest is all dedicated to body chemistry, breathing, heartbeat, kidney function and everything else.

Forum List

Back