Star Ship Troopers wasn't about fascism...

The uniforms, symbols and power structure described in the book were translated to the screen.

Not really...the symbols were not mentioned, the uniforms were made up by the film maker and the power structure outside the military command wasn't mentioned...at least I don't think it was...the only thing really mentioned was needing to do some sort of service before you could vote or hold office...and voting wasn't seen as very important to most people...per Rico's family...and there was no conscription...in fact it was easier to get out of the mobile infantry than it was to get and stay in...

{I was heaping scorn on an inexcusably silly idea — a practice I shall always follow. Anyone who clings to the historically untrue and thoroughly immoral doctrine that violence never settles anything I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it. The ghost of Hitler could referee and the jury might well be the Dodo, the Great Auk, and the Passenger Pigeon.Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history that has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms."} - Ch. 2

Forum List

Back