Star Trek cast and crew spotted filming in Dubai

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I can imagine how excited the Trekkies were to have the filming over there.

Megha Merani | October 12, 2015
IMG_1399-300x225.jpg

A helicopter crew was also spotted filming aerial shots along skyscrapers last weekend on Sheikh Zayed Road

Hollywood science fiction movie ‘Star Trek‘ is being filmed in Dubai. Captain Kirk and his crew beamed into town last month to shoot scenes that will feature in the third installment of the famous franchise.

A fan, who asked to remain anonymous, shared a picture of the shoot visible from his apartment in Dubai International Financial Centre.

He told 7DAYS: “I’ve been watching them film since Thursday. They rehearse during the day and film at night, about 1am, with the stars. There are hundreds of people on the set dressed like crew members. The picture doesn’t do justice to the scale of the setting.”

The Trekkie, whose favourite character is half-human half-Vulcan science officer Spock, added that residents in the area were told they were welcome on set to watch the shoot, however photography was forbidden.

Continue reading at:

I wish we'd build a real star ship and go visit the planets for real. The concept seems to be quite popular to millions of people.

I'm sure the concept would appeal to a lot of people. Maybe that is why Buck Rogers was so popular a comic strip years agi. I think we will have to be satisfied with people going to the moon.

Dubai is an amazing place - yes, its overwhelmingly islam-inspired laws are disappointing, but the infrastructure and architecture are mind-blowing. I found out from a resident that the city imports all of its fresh (tap) water.

Here's a video from a tram in Dubai. Note that the tram has no driver, it's computer-controlled. Pay attention to the skyscrapers - one looks like a giant caliper, another looks like a massive Wurlitzer jukebox, there's a rocket with launching tower, and a circuit board, I don't know what that thing is at 12:00 with the knob on top, but it's pretty cool...

WATCH IN FULL SCREEN

I wish we could know in advance if #3 will be as good as #1 or suck as much as #2.

Dubai is an amazing place - yes, its overwhelmingly islam-inspired laws are disappointing, but the infrastructure and architecture are mind-blowing. I found out from a resident that the city imports all of its fresh (tap) water.

Here's a video from a tram in Dubai. Note that the tram has no driver, it's computer-controlled. Pay attention to the skyscrapers - one looks like a giant caliper, another looks like a massive Wurlitzer jukebox, there's a rocket with launching tower, and a circuit board, I don't know what that thing is at 12:00 with the knob on top, but it's pretty cool...

WATCH IN FULL SCREEN

This video reminds me that it has been decades since I took the IRT Pelham Bay Line into Manhattan. Makes me feel like taking the Metrolink to downtown Los Angeles. I certainly hope the women on the trains in Dubai don't have to carry large hat pins with them.

"The Hatpin Peril" Terrorized Men Who Couldn't Handle the 20th-Century Woman | History | Smithsonian

Anyhow, Grandma, there are many skyscapers around the world today. The problem is that many of them have mirror-like facades which seem to generate a lot of heat because of the sun reflected off of them.. The idea of no human in control of the train might be a very good idea. This way we wouldn't have accidents such as the one in Chatsworth, CA where the engineer was texting. Several people died because of this crash and many more were injured.

Forum List

Back