Starbucks decides Guns and Caffeine...not a good mix

If you dont get it, Im not going to hand hold you through it. Try to fire up those remaining neurons and figure it out.

So you can't explain your own analogy?

Ever heard of a mass torcher?

Falling back on the old accident false equivalence again? :rolleyes:

You are just ignoring it. A gun is a tool, like a fire extinguisher, one you probably will never have to use, but will be there if you need it. One doesnt have to be afraid of fire to have a fire extinguisher, its simply precautionary.

And we have thugs walking around pointing fire at people? And sniping flames from clock towers and the trunks of cars? We have robbers on the street who point a torch at you and demand your wallet?

Analogy fails. Try to think it through next time.

You gun toting idiots live your life in fear; that's why you need a gun. I have no fear of living my life without carrying a gun around. People who need guns are the ones living in fear. You are projecting onto me how you feel when you assess my dislike of guns as fear. What I don't like is the idea of living in a violent society where people are shooting at each other like the old west, where people think vigilantism is the answer to dealing with crime or perceived crime, where people who have a screw loose are toting guns and ready to shoot and ask questions later, not at me, but just in general at anyone they think needs to be shot at. I am against all this idocy and infavor of a sane, civilized society. That does not equate to fear. The pro-gun people are the ones living their lives in fear.

omg....live our lives in FEAR
so you don't FEAR...whoopee for you
when that home invader breaks down your door, stand there and say, I HAVE NO FEAR...maybe that will scare them away

Nice. You just demonstrated the point you were trying to refute. Well played.
shoot-foot.gif

whatever you say.. I guess you and the ezie never fear someone could buglerize your home, car, etc
you two are FEARLESS just like Superman....you must be special

Last edited:
If you dont get it, Im not going to hand hold you through it. Try to fire up those remaining neurons and figure it out.

You are just ignoring it. A gun is a tool, like a fire extinguisher, one you probably will never have to use, but will be there if you need it. One doesnt have to be afraid of fire to have a fire extinguisher, its simply precautionary.

Fire extinguishers can also be dangerous in the wrong hands if used incorrectly, ask a person who uses a water extinguisher on a chemical fire about that.

Owning a firearm is not about overriding fear, its about sensible precautions in a dangerous world.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Starbucks probably doesn't want workers bringing in their front loaders and jack hammers into their stores either. Just common sense. It's a freaking coffee shop, not the OK corral.

omg....live our lives in FEAR
so you don't FEAR...whoopee for you
when that home invader breaks down your door, stand there and say, I HAVE NO FEAR...maybe that will scare them away

shoot-foot.gif

whatever you say.. I guess you and the ezie never fear someone could buglerize your home, car, etc

Perhaps a better word than "fear" is "paranoia". You either got it, or ya don't. :ack-1:

Look up the definition of "infringe".

Look up the definition of "government". Then tell us how it applies to a private enterprise.

Did I say it does? No, I didn't. You fail.

Your context did:

How is Starbucks asking patrons not to come brandishing their weapons into the store infringing on people owning or possessing guns?

Oopsie. Looks like you failed.
Thanks for playin' and be sure to play the context board game at home.

Its about gun ownership and possession in general by law abiding citizens.

How is Starbucks asking patrons not to come brandishing their weapons into the store infringing on people owning or possessing guns?

Starbucks is a private business, not the government. They can set the rules for their establishment. If they don't want wild eyed pistol wavers who aren't afraid to die in their stores, they are allowed to exclude them. They probably don't want men in their stores stroking their penises out in the open either, but at least if one of those goes off, nobody gets killed.

Look up the definition of "government". Then tell us how it applies to a private enterprise.

Did I say it does? No, I didn't. You fail.

Your context did:

Oopsie. Looks like you failed.
Thanks for playin' and be sure to play the context board game at home.

What's the matter? Having reading comprehension problems today? When did I talk about the government?

Last edited:
shoot-foot.gif

Perhaps a better word than "fear" is "paranoia". You either got it, or ya don't. :ack-1:

well go on living in a cloud with no thoughts about your safety..

you want to call iit paranoia, I call it looking ahead with a plan just in case..

carry on your fearless ones who are so special

Starbucks is a private business, not the government. They can set the rules for their establishment. If they don't want wild eyed pistol wavers who aren't afraid to die in their stores, they are allowed to exclude them. They probably don't want men in their stores stroking their penises out in the open either, but at least if one of those goes off, nobody gets killed.

Stop looking toward the 2nd Amendment for the definition of infringe. The 2nd doesn't define the word. A dictionary does. Look it up in the dictionary.

Last edited:
hunters drink a lot of coffee. its just that now a lot of them won't be drinking starbucks

you want to call iit paranoia, I call it looking ahead with a plan just in case..

Well I tell ya what, the only time I've had guns pulled on me was by cops. (At least I think they were cops, they never said). And I guarantee you if I'd been walking around packing when they accosted me I wouldn't be here now to make sense for you.

Now you could point out that we have much to fear from unrestrained police, and I'll not only agree, I'll say it first. But I ain't stupid enough to fend them off with guns.

Last edited:

Fire extinguishers can also be dangerous in the wrong hands if used incorrectly, ask a person who uses a water extinguisher on a chemical fire about that.

Owning a firearm is not about overriding fear, its about sensible precautions in a dangerous world.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, Starbucks probably doesn't want workers bringing in their front loaders and jack hammers into their stores either. Just common sense. It's a freaking coffee shop, not the OK corral.

If starbucks wants people in its store to be disarmed, they then become responsible for thier safety. If they do not provide it, they should become liable when an incident happens, and someone who wanted to Conceal carry was not "allowed" to.

Let me help you low-information lefties:

Infringe: verb (used without object)
2. to encroach or trespass (usually followed by on or upon ): Don't infringe on his privacy.

Starbucks is encroaching on my right to bear arms. Of course they CAN, it's their right, but that doesn't change the FACT that they are infringing on my ability to carry.

It's separate from the 2nd Amendment because the 2nd only applies to government.

Last edited:
hunters drink a lot of coffee. its just that now a lot of them won't be drinking starbucks

Or they can just leave their guns out in the truck or go to the drive through. Do you think these hypothetical hunters would open carry into a bank to get some trip money? Why do they need guns to get a cup of coffee?

Well I tell ya what, the only time I've had guns pulled on me was by cops. (At least I think they were cops, they never said). And I guarantee you if I'd been walking around packing when they accosted me I wouldn't be here now to make sense for you.

to make sense for me? I have NEVER had a cop pull a gun on me

so who is that is making sense and who isn't the one with sense....lol?

I'd suggest you stop while you're ahead...and look in a mirror to see the person who isn't making sense

Last edited:
I will only make one more visit to Starbucks and that is to carry my weapon in there once in protest. Then I have no further need to visit there.

Let me help you low-information lefties:

Infringe: verb (used without object)
2. to encroach or trespass (usually followed by on or upon ): Don't infringe on his privacy.

Starbucks is encroaching on my right to bear arms. Of course they CAN, it's their right, but that doesn't change the FACT that they are infringing on my ability to carry.

It's separate from the 2nd Amendment because the 2nd only applies to government.

You're infringing on their right to run their business as they see fit. I'm sure the vast majority of businesses don't want people openly carrying guns around their workplaces. Simple matter of safety and liability.

Forum List

Back