Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

[
Race always exists. I just never see white people discussing it where I live like they talk about mowing their lawns.
Isn't that what MLK's Civil Rights marches was all about ultimately? To bring us to a time when all races could gather tighter and the only disagreements would be no worse than how to manicure one's lawn. Blacks wanted equal treatment. That's equal treatment.
You have a warped concept of what MLK was about. Yes he wanted equal treatment. However, he understood that in order to be equal Blacks would need to have opportunity at the same level whites did. How does that happen in a society of whites whining about AA?

Wait...you said MLK wanted equal opportunity.

Then...you accuse whites of whining about a practice, AA, that gives unequal, preferential treatment to a group based soley on race?

Do you see what a retard you sound like?

MLKs philosophy would not support affirmative action. AA by its nature is not "equal opportunity" for all.

MLK was for special programs just for blacks...unfortunatley AA helps more white women than blacks. I can see your anger subsiding right now

I dont see the big deal. I never hear people talking about race in public anyway.
Exactly! You "hear" it on the internet. On messageboards, crybaby blogs, etc. IRL no one really ever discusses it or thinks about it unless it is in a concrete way, like protesting police brutality.

But there are scores of people that get upset because race is a frequent topic on messageboards they post on.
Seems to me that if a white person had something to say to me about racism/race etc why dont they just do that?

Because most white people dont care about race anymore. We are past it. Its people like YOU who are obsessed with it. You dont get that? Most white people have moved beyond race...and yet...some like you just cant let it evolve. You just have to keep the race card alive.

That why most whites dont talk to you about race. Because most of us dont care anymore. Race is fucking stupid. Its skin pigment. Nothing more. No different than a brown dog or white dog or black dog or polka dotted dog. All just dogd.
Its obvious whites do care about race. Thats why the talk alot about it online. I'm just saying why not take that conversation out in public instead of hiding anonymously?

So Howard Schultz didn't learn from his last disaster of come together in 2013 and thinks that this one will work?
What an Idiot.

This brings up a question If anyone would like to enlighten me. Do white people talk about Blacks if there are no Blacks around?

No.
No.

Most white people are just living their lives and don't give a shit one way or the other.

Although we do get cranky when the PC Police shove skin color in our face.

Thats not true. Whites are obsessed with race online. I just wondered if they acted the same way in public when Blacks were not around.

[
Race always exists. I just never see white people discussing it where I live like they talk about mowing their lawns.
Isn't that what MLK's Civil Rights marches was all about ultimately? To bring us to a time when all races could gather tighter and the only disagreements would be no worse than how to manicure one's lawn. Blacks wanted equal treatment. That's equal treatment.
You have a warped concept of what MLK was about. Yes he wanted equal treatment. However, he understood that in order to be equal Blacks would need to have opportunity at the same level whites did. How does that happen in a society of whites whining about AA?

Then...you accuse whites of whining about a practice, AA, that gives unequal, preferential treatment to a group based soley on race?

MLKs philosophy would not support affirmative action. AA by its nature is not "equal opportunity" for all.

MLK was for special programs just for blacks...unfortunatley AA helps more white women than blacks. I can see your anger subsiding right now

Back then..of course he was. We needed it back then. Not now.

Cool boycott Starbucks then cons. Add it to the list of hundreds of companies that support things you'll never understand.

In fact better yet, just stay home all day. Less risk of accidentally supporting some cause us lesser people support.

This is incredibly amusing. TOS is supporting a mega-corporation (Big Coffee). I prefer to use my coffee dollars supporting a family owned local business.

And I bet TOS doesn't grok Teh Irony.

[

When did you decide this and what makes you think you know whats needed?

[

You just said he wasnt...now you know he was and at what time period? Come on champ...stop playing

This brings up a question If anyone would like to enlighten me. Do white people talk about Blacks if there are no Blacks around?

No.
No.

Most white people are just living their lives and don't give a shit one way or the other.

Thats not true. Whites are obsessed with race online. I just wondered if they acted the same way in public when Blacks were not around.

You seem to be obsessed with race, you post almost exclusively in the race related threads.

I dont see the big deal. I never hear people talking about race in public anyway.
Exactly! You "hear" it on the internet. On messageboards, crybaby blogs, etc. IRL no one really ever discusses it or thinks about it unless it is in a concrete way, like protesting police brutality.

But there are scores of people that get upset because race is a frequent topic on messageboards they post on.
Seems to me that if a white person had something to say to me about racism/race etc why dont they just do that?

Because most white people dont care about race anymore. We are past it. Its people like YOU who are obsessed with it. You dont get that? Most white people have moved beyond race...and yet...some like you just cant let it evolve. You just have to keep the race card alive.

That why most whites dont talk to you about race. Because most of us dont care anymore. Race is fucking stupid. Its skin pigment. Nothing more. No different than a brown dog or white dog or black dog or polka dotted dog. All just dogd.
Its obvious whites do care about race. Thats why the talk alot about it online. I'm just saying why not take that conversation out in public instead of hiding anonymously?

Because most dont care. Most white folks arent on message boards.

Even if they did care...what discussion you want to have?
ME: "Hey...America offers EVERY opportunity a person can dream of no matter where they're from"

YOU: "Really?"

ME: "Yes. You just need to stay in school and out of jail. Dont pop out babies you cant afford. Keep a job...always. Work your way up. Long hard road.. but anyone can make it."

YOU: "Thats racist."

And thats why whites dont talk to you.

No.
No.

They're not obsessed about race

Search Results for Query race US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

They are TOTALLY OBSESSED with it. The only race that doesnt make them angry is Nascar

[

You just said "MLKs philosophy would not support affirmative action.". How far are you going to back pedal on this one?

Cool boycott Starbucks then cons. Add it to the list of hundreds of companies that support things you'll never understand.

In fact better yet, just stay home all day. Less risk of accidentally supporting some cause us lesser people support.

This is incredibly amusing. TOS is supporting a mega-corporation (Big Coffee). I prefer to use my coffee dollars supporting a family owned local business.

That's the best you've got? Weak. I don't know that I've ever posted anything about wealthy corporations in all my time here.

That's the best you've got? Weak. I don't know that I've ever posted anything about wealthy corporations in all my time here.

Dood, you're supporting STARBUCKS, aka Big Coffee.

No.
No.

You seem to be obsessed with race, you post almost exclusively in the race related threads.
Thats where the racists are. I like messing with them. The difference is if I have something to say to a white person I will walk up and say it to their face.

Because most dont care. Most white folks arent on message boards.

Even if they did care...what discussion you want to have?
ME: "Hey...America offers EVERY opportunity a person can dream of no matter where they're from"

YOU: "Really?"

ME: "Yes. You just need to stay in school and out of jail. Dont pop out babies you cant afford. Keep a job...always. Work your way up. Long hard road.. but anyone can make it."

YOU: "Thats racist."

And thats why whites dont talk to you.
Do you have a link proving most whites are not on message boards? You were already wrong about MLK.

You just said "MLKs philosophy would not support affirmative action.". How far are you going to back pedal on this one?

If MLK was asked that in 2015 would he like for employers and schools to still use a race based bias to determine who they accept? I bet he'd say...he hopes that practice would've ended by then.

I have had occasion to discuss racist behavior with other white people even when there was no black or Hispanic or Asian person (etc) anywhere around.

Not often. Mainly job related conversation.

But like Assclap is, there are some white liberals who (even in non work related settings) also are obsessive on the topic of race and race relations.
I find that at white gatherings the Liberals are the ones with all the racist talk but they get snubbed and ignored and finally drop the subject. Now, crackers are different. They were born with a screw loose and missing brain cells. Curiously, the deep South people live together more harmoniously than other parts of the country, especially big cities. The Northeast is the worst.

Dood, you're supporting STARBUCKS, aka Big Coffee.
Oh do I not fit your cookie cutter view of what a liberal is? Sorry about that. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back