Starting my summer wardrobe.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Since watching Grace and Frankie..I decided to go back to feeling free and breezy like the stuff Frankie wears. So...I am going to be making my own lightweight summer dusters out of sarongs, finding some wide leg pants and tie them at the ankle so they are semi haram pants but not with a big crotch hanging down (hate that), really long vests with fringey stuff at the bottom. You know...BOHO!

I already have Frankies hair, thankfully. Same silver streaks in the same places, same thickness, same waves. All I need are the caftans, long vests and dusters!

7c0dc9d4afdd391aabebcb12d1d5c103.jpg

16e2dcd96c06d5ef7f45f958dd24235d.jpg

Summer-Dresses-Fashion-Trends-2014-Model-Boho-Chic-4.jpg

493ee52afe4d01324f3c9fc38d73cf93.jpg

Article-Page_4.jpg

Since watching Grace and Frankie..I decided to go back to feeling free and breezy like the stuff Frankie wears. So...I am going to be making my own lightweight summer dusters out of sarongs, finding some wide leg pants and tie them at the ankle so they are semi haram pants but not with a big crotch hanging down (hate that), really long vests with fringey stuff at the bottom. You know...BOHO!

I already have Frankies hair, thankfully. Same silver streaks in the same places, same thickness, same waves. All I need are the caftans, long vests and dusters!

I'm sure you'll look wonderful darling.

I'll feel wonderful and that's all that matters, lol. I loved looking at her clothes on that show. And said to myself "self, you are going to be free like her this summer" so that's what immagonnado!:)

I'll feel wonderful and that's all that matters, lol. I loved looking at her clothes on that show. And said to myself "self, you are going to be free like her this summer" so that's what immagonnado!:)

Hey you better be careful, the gentlemen are going to be lining up....:wink:

Thats the plan. Floaty! Breezy! Free! I have plenty of tops..and about 15 sarongs but they are being used as decor. I will have to find some new ones to make open kimono's for beach wear. And I got rid of my hippie skirts. Too full. I want cotton or jersey ones that hug to the hip then flow out.

I used to when I had the shops. But the past 5 years, I didn't due to ...well...ailments. Being a hermit. Now that I have most everything in control, I can start wearing it all again. However, I have to start from scratch cuz I sold all my stuff on ebay. I have a good start, though. Thankfully!

So what about everyone else? Ladies? Whats yer plans for your summer wardrobe?

I made myself a caftan...I hate wearing robes but nightgowns arent enough. I priced caftans and omg so I got an easy pattern online, used some good cotton jersey knit in a bold floral on black background and made my own. I bought a couple of cheap applique panels from china or somewhere and used one as a yoke....its sparkly gold with multi colored sequins...turned out super good. I dont wear it out in public, its a bit much but I wear it at home. seriously simple....fold a few yards over, cut a neck. sew the sides in fron the edges a little wider than hour body, hem the efges and slap the yoke on. you can add a belt or some.sort of band in the front that ties under the material in the back...soo awesome.

Take a pic of it on a hanger!

I made my own outfit out of 2 sarongs when I went to Maui some years back. Matching sarongs, mind you. I was selling them in my store so I had pick of the litter when the merchandise came in, lol. I cut one a little bit and made a an upside down V so it was halter at the neck....then the two V ends at the widest wrapped around my waist. The rest of the sarong, I just sewed the section I cut to hide the raw cut, and wrapped it around me like a skirt. The other sarong, I tied as an open caftan duster.

I got a pic around here somewhere of it on me.

Here is my shop of ladies tropical/cruise wear. I wish I still had it!
2iqofpw.jpg

I miss my shop :(. But..when I was doing it, Bali was not sending over thousands of containers of batik summer wear. When I went into a mervyns and saw they were carrying what I was carrying, I knew it spelled my doom. Can't compete with big stores like that. So..I closed it and took it all to ebay. Sold all my merchandise for awhile that way, with no overhead!...and did well. But eventually, I got out of it. I did fashion shows and specialized in tropical wear. I did well. But I sure miss it.

I binged watched the whole Frankie and Gracie series in Oct. can't wait for season 2.

Well you have the beach close by so you can get away with wearing these awesome cloths.
I wear many of them already since my breast cancer surgery , and being hot from the treatment...

I love the hippie clothing she wears..and I love that house too.

I binged watched the whole Frankie and Gracie series in Oct. can't wait for season 2.

Well you have the beach close by so you can get away with wearing these awesome cloths.
I wear many of them already since my breast cancer surgery , and being hot from the treatment...

I love the hippie clothing she wears..and I love that house too.

I loved her clothes. It got me motivated. And yeah..I hear ya about the hot sweats and breast cancer. Me too. In fact, I want to design everything where there are airy folds of clothing over my left side of my chest....NO PROSTHESIS NEEDED! I can go without a bra this summer! WOOT!

Eaglewings, I used to sell these too.....but back then they did not have a website. Call them and tell them you want an outfit from their sale rack and what dominate color....top, duster, skirt...and you can get it cheaper. Just let them do the picking for you if you want to go that route. Or, just pick what you want but they can be expensive.

www.tiendaho.com

Forum List

Back