State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if anti gay bigots will ever get their analogies right.

No business was asked to make a product they don't already make.
But you're a hatefilled intolerant asshole that can't see beyond your bubble world.

They absolutely were ordered to do something they didn't provide before, that's WHY it's an issue! They weren't making same sex wedding cakes.
can you tell the difference between a same sex wedding cake and a heterosexual wedding cake when they're side by side?
Two women or two men on the cake wouldn't be a clue?

That does NOT have to be provided by the baker. The answer is; there is no difference in the cake, just the customer. That violates some STATE and LOCAL laws. (And Federal if you do it based on race, RELIGION, country of origin, etc)

When u start a business there are laws that business must follow .

Maybe I'd be ok if they just ignored food safety rules too?
And religious rights come WAY ahead of some homosexual whining over a cake. Go get someone else to make a cake. EVERY business I have been into has a sign that says we reserve the right to refuse business to anyone for any reason. This is an attack by homosexuals on the rights of religious people. Simple as that.
REligious rights come over state business laws? Maybe in a country with sharia law it does.

But you're a hatefilled intolerant asshole that can't see beyond your bubble world.

They absolutely were ordered to do something they didn't provide before, that's WHY it's an issue! They weren't making same sex wedding cakes.
can you tell the difference between a same sex wedding cake and a heterosexual wedding cake when they're side by side?

That does NOT have to be provided by the baker. The answer is; there is no difference in the cake, just the customer. That violates some STATE and LOCAL laws. (And Federal if you do it based on race, RELIGION, country of origin, etc)
Sex isn't a race or religion for most folks. But your denial of simple facts are telling, two guys on a cake isn't the same as a guy and gal on a cake.

If they weren't specific how could there be an issue? If a gal goes in and orders a cake with unspecific genders no would would know, and I imagine care. All of these people have homosexuals customers, as with me. That isn't the issue. I wouldn't want to be forced into making a gay themed this or that. I should have that right, I did have that right. It's out of control.

To answer your question, the bakers asked.

>>>>

It's irrelevant. Oregon has non-discrimination laws that protect gays.
In other words, you can't answer the challenge. Odd though that you've never disagreed with any laws, how does that work in bizarro land?

If they weren't specific how could there be an issue? If a gal goes in and orders a cake with unspecific genders no would would know, and I imagine care. All of these people have homosexuals customers, as with me. That isn't the issue. I wouldn't want to be forced into making a gay themed this or that. I should have that right, I did have that right. It's out of control.
To answer your question, the bakers asked.>>>>
So you think bakers are in the habit of asking their customers what their sexual orientation is? Why do I think you're making shit up?

In other words, you can't answer the challenge. Odd though that you've never disagreed with any laws, how does that work in bizarro land?

What challenge?

This one was clearly an over-zealous witch hunt. It went too far. We have to respect religious beliefs and practices as well. Gay Rights aren't the only rights that matter. This was not justice.

Oregon, apparently is nothing but frivolous.
The courts are spineless and lacking all common sense.

According to their religious beliefs, they couldn't support homosexuality and marriage. They shouldn't have been forced to make them their cake. That's just wrong. We have to respect religious rights and beliefs as well.

Notice you didn't actually answer my question. If their religious beliefs mandated that they refuse service to blacks...or Christians....or jews.....you'd be fine with that?

If so, what laws couldn't you ignore because of your religious beliefs?

We'll see when the time comes. But these particular people should not have been punished for their religious beliefs. It's wrong.

Ah. So apparently your support of religion trumping the law is when it involves discriminating against gays.

Why is it wrong if they're discriminating against gays....but not if they are discriminating against black people? Or Christians?

It's not only about Gay Rights. Others' rights have to be respected too. This one went too far. It's not justice.

Jim Crow is not coming back. Get over it.

Nothing to do with this case. I've never heard anyone suggest bringing Jim Crow back.

The two lesbians stated that they do not want any money from the Kleins:

Talking about the personal reasons, Aaron cited a July interview in Willamette Week, where the complainants suggested that the case wasn’t about money.

“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

“When you have these girls come out and say we never wanted the money,” Aaron said, “it wasn’t about the money and we don’t need the money … and I say this isn’t right, I shouldn’t have to pay this money, and the only person saying the money should exchange hands seems to be Brad Avakian.”
They aren't going to voluntarily pay and the state will have a very difficult time collecting.

:thup:
I can understand the couple wanting the bakers to go away....they splashed the couple's names and addresses all over social media. Hmmmm...wonder what their "religion" says about that.

According to their religious beliefs, they couldn't support homosexuality and marriage. They shouldn't have been forced to make them their cake. That's just wrong. We have to respect religious rights and beliefs as well.

Notice you didn't actually answer my question. If their religious beliefs mandated that they refuse service to blacks...or Christians....or jews.....you'd be fine with that?

We'll see when the time comes. But these particular people should not have been punished for their religious beliefs. It's wrong.

Ah. So apparently your support of religion trumping the law is when it involves discriminating against gays.

Why is it wrong if they're discriminating against gays....but not if they are discriminating against black people? Or Christians?

It's not only about Gay Rights. Others' rights have to be respected too. This one went too far. It's not justice.

You are the ones that want a form of it back, not us, you want government to fight your fights for you, to dictate how a business can be run over hurt feelings.

The two lesbians stated that they do not want any money from the Kleins:

Talking about the personal reasons, Aaron cited a July interview in Willamette Week, where the complainants suggested that the case wasn’t about money.

“We didn’t have a choice in how this was prosecuted,” Rachel Bowman-Cryer said. “We didn’t have a choice in the fine. If we had been given the option, we probably would have said: ‘Just apologize. Just say you’re sorry and go away.’”

Her wife, Laurel, added, “[W]e’re not asking for anything. We’ve never asked for a penny from anybody.”

“When you have these girls come out and say we never wanted the money,” Aaron said, “it wasn’t about the money and we don’t need the money … and I say this isn’t right, I shouldn’t have to pay this money, and the only person saying the money should exchange hands seems to be Brad Avakian.”
They aren't going to voluntarily pay and the state will have a very difficult time collecting.

:thup:
why do you think the state would have difficulty collection on a judgment?

They can simply file Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and the judgement will be dismissed.
Don't think that's how it works. The Government always takes their cut....and hard to claim bankrupcy when they've gotten 500K in donations from fools easily parted from their money.

You are the ones that want a form of it back, not us, you want government to fight your fights for you, to dictate how a business can be run over hurt feelings.

Despite your comic characterization of it,

yes, I do want the government to prevent businesses from discriminating.

you forgot to add "but only when it screws over people I don't like".

Fixed it for you.

And by a 'form of it', you mean laws that have nothing to do with it....and in fact do the exact opposite?

What challenge?
Call a tow company to pull your head out of your ass so you can see.

What challenge?

Religious persecution is as old as Religion itself. American and European Christians are under assault. The Left has it in for em. It's time to face that reality head-on. You have to stand up. It's the only choice Christians have.
really? can you give us an example?

Everyone knows Communists/Progressives are obsessed with hating Christians. They've done everything they could to destroy the faith. This is especially true in Western Europe. Now the Churches sit empty while the Mosques are filled to capacity.

The American Left is conducting the same 'War on Christians' here. Americans are just gonna have to stand up for their religious freedoms and practices. They have no choice at this point.
everyone knows it. you can't give an example, but everyone knows it's happening.

Yes we know, ALL HAIL 'PISS CHRIST!'

pisschrist_extendo_by_erevis.jpg
Let me guess....you complain about government...........but you want government to stop something like that?

And by a 'form of it', you mean laws that have nothing to do with it....and in fact do the exact opposite?

Jim crow was government mandated discrimination, you want to apply PA laws to be government mandated punishment of perceived discrimination.

YOU are on the side of force this time, enjoy it.

you forgot to add "but only when it screws over people I don't like".

Fixed it for you.

Grow up. For chrissakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back