State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Religious beliefs and practices have to be respected as well. It's not only about Gay Rights. Others' rights have to be respected too.

So if someone didn't believe in serving Christians because of their religion.....or blacks......or jews.....you're cool with that?

According to their religious beliefs, they couldn't support homosexuality and marriage. They shouldn't have been forced to make them their cake. That's just wrong. We have to respect religious rights and beliefs as well.

Notice you didn't actually answer my question. If their religious beliefs mandated that they refuse service to blacks...or Christians....or jews.....you'd be fine with that?

If so, what laws couldn't you ignore because of your religious beliefs?

We'll see when the time comes. But these particular people should not have been punished for their religious beliefs. It's wrong.

Ah. So apparently your support of religion trumping the law is when it involves discriminating against gays.

Why is it wrong if they're discriminating against gays....but not if they are discriminating against black people? Or Christians?

I noticed you never got a response to this question. Anyone want to give it a go?

Why is it okay to discriminate against gays but not blacks or other religions?

i wonder if any of the left-wing nutjobs here would advocate the same fines and penalties if say a Black-owned bakery refused to create a cake for a white supremecist group that depicted a Black man being hung in the icing???

i wonder if any of the left-wing nutjobs here would advocate the same fines and penalties if say a Black-owned bakery refused to create a cake for a white supremecist group that depicted a Black man being hung in the icing???

I wonder if anti gay bigots will ever get their analogies right.

No business was asked to make a product they don't already make. Your example would not be a violation of PA laws because the black owned baker does not make hanging cakes.

Here's how it works (and I'll try to type slowly for you)

Person A walks into business and purchases item.
Person B walks in and is not allowed to purchase the exact same item because they are: (insert protected class here)

No business is being asked to provide an item or service they don't already provide.

Even if they tell you they're cool with that, Federal law prohibits it. Not little state and local laws like PA laws that protect gays, but a Federal law passed by Congress that protects race and religion from the kind of discrimination these LOCAL laws do for gays in small few.
Which federal law defines sexual orientation as a protected class like race, gender or religion? Because I think you're making shit up, did it just happen? It doesn't even make sense, why would there be local laws if federal laws cover it?

Even if they tell you they're cool with that, Federal law prohibits it. Not little state and local laws like PA laws that protect gays, but a Federal law passed by Congress that protects race and religion from the kind of discrimination these LOCAL laws do for gays in small few.
Which federal law defines sexual orientation as a protected class like race, gender or religion? Because I think you're making shit up, did it just happen? It doesn't even make sense, why would there be local laws if federal laws cover it?

Sorry that I didn't type slow enough for you. Read it again. I said Federal law prohibits discrimination based on race and religion, whereas SOME local and state laws protect on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identification.

In all 50 states I can't discriminate against a Christian, but he or she can discriminate against me in most. Get rid of the Federal law protecting race and religion before you go picking on the state and local laws, eh?

No business was asked to make a product they don't already make.
But you're a hatefilled intolerant asshole that can't see beyond your bubble world.

They absolutely were ordered to do something they didn't provide before, that's WHY it's an issue! They weren't making same sex wedding cakes.

People need to get smarter about this since the gaystapo has infiltrated government.

If it was me and I was in the business I would tell the couple that while I personally think faggots are sick people and don't like them I will bake their cake to avoid government tyranny. It's amazing that government would condone deviant sexual practices but it's the twisted world we live in. Now, how big and what color would you like on your faggot cake?

Now if I was a Christian, I'd approach it differently. "We've been ordered by our fallen government to bake the cakes if requested and we've realized the Lord has provided this opportunity to witness to you. Jesus loves you and wants you to share His eternal Kingdom but we have to warn you that the sin of homosexuality will keep your from Heaven.

Now how big and what color would you like on your homosexual cake? Say, did I mention what the apostle Paul has to say in 1 Corinthians....."

Sorry that I didn't type slow enough for you. Read it again. I said Federal law prohibits discrimination based on race and religion, whereas SOME local and state laws protect on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identification.
Exactly, it isn't a Constitutional matter. Dismissed!

No business was asked to make a product they don't already make. Your example would not be a violation of PA laws because the black owned baker does not make hanging cakes.

Here's how it works (and I'll try to type slowly for you)

Person A walks into business and purchases item.
Person B walks in and is not allowed to purchase the exact same item because they are: (insert protected class here)

No business is being asked to provide an item or service they don't already provide.

This is how the weasel out of any comparison that doesn't involve a "protected class".

The whole idea of protected classes was to end systemic discrimination, not to ruin people for not baking a cake.

But you're a hatefilled intolerant asshole that can't see beyond your bubble world.

They absolutely were ordered to do something they didn't provide before, that's WHY it's an issue! They weren't making same sex wedding cakes.
can you tell the difference between a same sex wedding cake and a heterosexual wedding cake when they're side by side?

can you tell the difference between a same sex wedding cake and a heterosexual wedding cake when they're side by side?
Two women or two men on the cake wouldn't be a clue?

you think all wedding cakes have toppers?
what if they didn't. what if the baker wasn't asked to supply a topper - can you tell the difference between a wedding cake made for a homosexual couple from one made for a heterosexual couple?

what if they didn't. what if the baker wasn't asked to supply a topper - can you tell the difference between a wedding cake made for a homosexual couple from one made for a heterosexual couple?
If they weren't specific how could there be an issue? If a gal goes in and orders a cake with unspecific genders no would would know, and I imagine care. All of these people have homosexuals customers, as with me. That isn't the issue. I wouldn't want to be forced into making a gay themed this or that. I should have that right, I did have that right. It's out of control.

Religious beliefs and practices have to be respected as well. It's not only about Gay Rights. Others' rights have to be respected too.

So if someone didn't believe in serving Christians because of their religion.....or blacks......or jews.....you're cool with that?

According to their religious beliefs, they couldn't support homosexuality and marriage. They shouldn't have been forced to make them their cake. That's just wrong. We have to respect religious rights and beliefs as well.

Notice you didn't actually answer my question. If their religious beliefs mandated that they refuse service to blacks...or Christians....or jews.....you'd be fine with that?

We'll see when the time comes. But these particular people should not have been punished for their religious beliefs. It's wrong.

Ah. So apparently your support of religion trumping the law is when it involves discriminating against gays.

Why is it wrong if they're discriminating against gays....but not if they are discriminating against black people? Or Christians?

It's not only about Gay Rights. Others' rights have to be respected too. This one went too far. It's not justice.

It's not only about Gay Rights. Others' rights have to be respected too. This one went too far. It's not justice.

Jim Crow is not coming back. Get over it.

It's irrelevant. Oregon has non-discrimination laws that protect gays.

So why aren't those who believe serving black people or Christians afforded the same 'respect' as those who believe that serving gays is wrong?

And can I 'religion' my way around paying my taxes?

If they weren't specific how could there be an issue? If a gal goes in and orders a cake with unspecific genders no would would know, and I imagine care. All of these people have homosexuals customers, as with me. That isn't the issue. I wouldn't want to be forced into making a gay themed this or that. I should have that right, I did have that right. It's out of control.
except the baker did know, and did care. and even though they were not asked to make anything other than their regularly offered products they turned the couple away - because they were gay.
so while you admit that the cakes are not different, you stand by the idea that the baker should be able to deny regular products to homosexuals?

State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Oregon Bakers

Nope no harm done to you if you disagree with homosexuality and won't bend to their will. None at all. Just lose your business,money,freedom,house,cars etc etc etc. Great thing about the internet is it NEVER loses its memory so when time comes it will be fairly simple to find the scum who destroyed this nation and get revenge.
Well, what happens to anybody if they refuse to pay state fines? Or do you think that these bakers are special snowflakes that don't have to pay state fines? Like whatshisname in Nevada who doesn't have to pay for leasing federal land? And Kim Davis who doesn't have to do her job she's paid for? Hey......I sense a pattern here. Look who the deadbeats REALLY are!

When u start a business there are laws that business must follow .

Maybe I'd be ok if they just ignored food safety rules too?
Careful...that bakery may just be doing that. They are already showing themselves to be scoff-laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back