State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want government to oppress people you disagree with. Pretty fascist to me.
And yet....you don't want to make any effort beyond whining over what you perceive to be fascism.

Some people fight one way, I fight this way.
Whining is fighting? Oh?

It's only whining to you and your progressive ilk. Typical of the breed that you equate countering your opinions as whining.

Except our "whining" was accompanied by action...and we won.

Make your case in an actual case challenging Title II of the CRA.

Yeah, you raised money for lawyers, big heroes.

A proud fascist.

You really should look that word up. People will laugh at you if you keep trying to make it mean what you think it means.

You want government to oppress people you disagree with. Pretty fascist to me.
And yet....you don't want to make any effort beyond whining over what you perceive to be fascism.

If that's how you fight,you should quit hitting yourself.
200.gif

I've made my point, and resorting to cats = losing the argument.

No, she just doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she's not trying to stop the wedding, or stop people from attending, or protesting it, or anything else, she just doesn't want to participate, and for that she gets ruined.

and I would think a few days in jail would be preferable to a $135k fine.

Please show me $135k worth of damages done to the couple in question.

That's easy enough. Because the Christian Right made a big deal about this, the gay couple in question got a shit load of death threats from all these people who just love them some Jesus.

If she didn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she shouldn't have invited the couple to come to her bakery a couple years earlier.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

And death threats seem to happen whenever someone is put in the limelight. The Memories Pizza people got them, so your side is just as culpable in this crap.

You said photographers don't "participate" in the wedding ceremony.

Attending is bearing witness, i.e. participating.

NYC ignores the 2nd amendment, the right to an abortion and gay marriage were created out of thin air, and PA laws as being used here ignore the 1st amendment.

NYC was stopping a well-regulated militia?

There's really no first amendment issue here. The first amendment doesn't allow you to break the law.

NYC is infringing on the people.

And if the law is counter to the 1st amendment, or used counter to the 1st amendment, its not a valid law to start with, nor not valid for the situation in question.

No one with a working mind gives a shit about libertarian nonsense, Marty.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

And death threats seem to happen whenever someone is put in the limelight. The Memories Pizza people got them, so your side is just as culpable in this crap.

Memories Pizza is a public business that got on the news and annouced they wouldn't cater gay weddings.

The gay couple in this case filed a complaint, and the Kleins posted their names and addresses in the media. that's why they got such a heavy fine.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

Memories Pizza is a public business that got on the news and annouced they wouldn't cater gay weddings.

The gay couple in this case filed a complaint, and the Kleins posted their names and addresses in the media. that's why they got such a heavy fine.

You can prove the fine was due to the release of information?

and your "it's OK when people I don't like get death threats" weaksauce justification is just that.

And if the law is counter to the 1st amendment, or used counter to the 1st amendment, its not a valid law to start with, nor not valid for the situation in question.

So if my Church believes in sacrificing virgins to C'Thulhu, then those pesky murder laws shouldn't apply because, they aren't valid.

There's a whole shitload of behavior the bible says are bad- tattoos, women wearing pants, women wearing too much jewelry, women not being virgins on their wedding nights - that the Kleins probably never gave a shit about and never refused service to.

This is using religion to justify bigotry. The fine wasn't big enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Whining is fighting? Oh?

It's only whining to you and your progressive ilk. Typical of the breed that you equate countering your opinions as whining.

It works a lot better than sniveling on the internet. But hey, that's your schtick.

Whining is fighting? Oh?

It works a lot better than sniveling on the internet. But hey, that's your schtick.
Come on, Marty loves sniveling.

Whining is fighting? Oh?

Lawyers, law suits, and voting and petitioning the legislature is how it is done by citizens in this country. Doesn't require a hero...just an active citizen who doesn't just sit and whine. Maybe that's where you have a disconnect...you think it requires heroic action...in addition to consistent work.

No, she just doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she's not trying to stop the wedding, or stop people from attending, or protesting it, or anything else, she just doesn't want to participate, and for that she gets ruined.

That's easy enough. Because the Christian Right made a big deal about this, the gay couple in question got a shit load of death threats from all these people who just love them some Jesus.

If she didn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she shouldn't have invited the couple to come to her bakery a couple years earlier.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

They claim they did...and they also got a boat load of money and never did close their Pizza place. Good scam if you can get it.

So if my Church believes in sacrificing virgins to C'Thulhu, then those pesky murder laws shouldn't apply because, they aren't valid.

There's a whole shitload of behavior the bible says are bad- tattoos, women wearing pants, women wearing too much jewelry, women not being virgins on their wedding nights - that the Kleins probably never gave a shit about and never refused service to.

This is using religion to justify bigotry. The fine wasn't big enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Murder is still an actual crime, one can apply reasonable limitations to any freedom. The issue is the ones you want are not reasonable.

The right of the individual to associate with who they want to can only be taken away with a compelling government interest, more so if there is a religious component. Furthermore, the chruch/state "wall" you people blather on about works both ways, giving even more of a burden to the government to prove a compelling interest.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

They claim they did...and they also got a boat load of money and never did close their Pizza place. Good scam if you can get it.

So you are saying they made this whole thing up from the start to make money?

Prove it.

A more likely explanation is that progressive asshats have the attention span of a goldfish, and once they got their anger out of their system, they went on to crucify the next target, allowing the pizza people to move on with their lives?

You don't hear much about that lion shooting dentist anymore, do you?

No one with a working mind gives a shit about libertarian nonsense, Marty.

Buzz off.
Nope. Your argument is shit. No one cares about libertarianism except you and the Dunder Mifflins.

The fact is that the bakers were practicing baking not religion. They are subject to the law.

So are you.

The law is being applied in the wrong manner.
The state has a compelling interest to ensure that public commerce cannot be used to discriminate against peoples: "we don't serve Negros, gays, and libertarians."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back