State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she just doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she's not trying to stop the wedding, or stop people from attending, or protesting it, or anything else, she just doesn't want to participate, and for that she gets ruined.

and I would think a few days in jail would be preferable to a $135k fine.

Please show me $135k worth of damages done to the couple in question.

That's easy enough. Because the Christian Right made a big deal about this, the gay couple in question got a shit load of death threats from all these people who just love them some Jesus.

If she didn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she shouldn't have invited the couple to come to her bakery a couple years earlier.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

And death threats seem to happen whenever someone is put in the limelight. The Memories Pizza people got them, so your side is just as culpable in this crap.
They claim they did...and they also got a boat load of money and never did close their Pizza place. Good scam if you can get it.

So you are saying they made this whole thing up from the start to make money?

Prove it.

A more likely explanation is that progressive asshats have the attention span of a goldfish, and once they got their anger out of their system, they went on to crucify the next target, allowing the pizza people to move on with their lives?

You don't hear much about that lion shooting dentist anymore, do you?
I didn't say that at all. But it sure worked out nicely for them.....are they out of business now?

No one with a working mind gives a shit about libertarian nonsense, Marty.

Buzz off.
Nope. Your argument is shit. No one cares about libertarianism except you and the Dunder Mifflins.

The fact is that the bakers were practicing baking not religion. They are subject to the law.

So are you.

The law is being applied in the wrong manner.
The courts that determine such things disagree with you.

Buzz off.
Nope. Your argument is shit. No one cares about libertarianism except you and the Dunder Mifflins.

The fact is that the bakers were practicing baking not religion. They are subject to the law.

So are you.

The Courts are wrong, either through ignorance, or malice.

No, she just doesn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she's not trying to stop the wedding, or stop people from attending, or protesting it, or anything else, she just doesn't want to participate, and for that she gets ruined.

That's easy enough. Because the Christian Right made a big deal about this, the gay couple in question got a shit load of death threats from all these people who just love them some Jesus.

If she didn't want to participate in a gay wedding, she shouldn't have invited the couple to come to her bakery a couple years earlier.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

And death threats seem to happen whenever someone is put in the limelight. The Memories Pizza people got them, so your side is just as culpable in this crap.
They claim they did...and they also got a boat load of money and never did close their Pizza place. Good scam if you can get it.

Prove it.

A more likely explanation is that progressive asshats have the attention span of a goldfish, and once they got their anger out of their system, they went on to crucify the next target, allowing the pizza people to move on with their lives?

I didn't say that at all. But it sure worked out nicely for them.....are they out of business now?

Not that I know of, but that's not from lack of trying by progressives.

Buzz off.

So are you.

The state has a compelling interest to ensure that public commerce cannot be used to discriminate against peoples: "we don't serve Negros, gays, and libertarians."

Where is the compelling interest when it comes to a single baker and a wedding cake? Where is the actual harm to the "offended"?

You can't answer that.

Did she "invite" the couple, or did they just walk through the door? How does patronizing her business entitle them to anything?

Ah, "Blame the victim".

They also catered a gay wedding. :lol:

Memories Pizza Accidently Caters Gay Wedding

Buzz off.

So are you.

The state has a compelling interest to ensure that public commerce cannot be used to discriminate against peoples: "we don't serve Negros, gays, and libertarians."

Where is the compelling interest when it comes to a single baker and a wedding cake? Where is the actual harm to the "offended"? You can't answer that.
I did answer it, you just don't like it. Your problem. And it is only going to get worse.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

Actually that isn't "catering", and they even admitted they wouldn't turn away a point of sale order from a gay person.

It's the usual crap from the left, a "gotcha" moment that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy, but as usual, is not the actual truth of the matter.

Did she "invite" the couple, or did they just walk through the door? How does patronizing her business entitle them to anything?

The family had done business with the baker before. One of the women's mothers used them for her wedding (which would lead me to think it was a 2nd wedding for her...isn't that a sin? Wonder why "sweet cakes" didn't deny her a cake for being divorced. Maybe she was a widower)

Buzz off.

So are you.

Where is the compelling interest when it comes to a single baker and a wedding cake? Where is the actual harm to the "offended"? You can't answer that.
I did answer it, you just don't like it. Your problem. And it is only going to get worse.

No, you gave a vague response, not an answer.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

Actually that isn't "catering", and they even admitted they wouldn't turn away a point of sale order from a gay person.

It's the usual crap from the left, a "gotcha" moment that makes them feel all warm and fuzzy, but as usual, is not the actual truth of the matter.

That's right...those grapes were probably sour anyway. :lol:

It's still fucking funny.

Buzz off.

So are you.

Only to a vague, doddering mind. You are going senile. Are you even forty yet?

Ah, "Blame the victim".

That's right...those grapes were probably sour anyway. :lol:

It's still fucking funny.

Actually it's kind of sad.

So are you.

Only to a vague, doddering mind. You are going senile. Are you even forty yet?

Once again you messed up the quote function, it seems you responded to yourself (with my words, not yours).

Fix it.

and I am actually 40.

Buzz off.

So are you.

The Courts are wrong, either through ignorance, or malice.
Who says the Courts are wrong? And what is the legal basis for declaring the Courts wrong? Keep in mind, this is a Country Ruled by Law...you can't just pout and say "wrong! wrong! wrong!".....Make your case.

Ah, "Blame the victim".

Prove it.

Not that I know of, but that's not from lack of trying by progressives.
If you don't know....why are you talking about it?

Buzz off.

So are you.

Where is the compelling interest when it comes to a single baker and a wedding cake? Where is the actual harm to the "offended"?

You can't answer that.
Simply this....A business, ONE business, regardless of how small, cannot set the precedence of ignoring business law. But it seems you want this business to be exempt. Why?

They and their parents have done regular business with this baker for a while....

Ah, "Blame the victim".

Not really catering if they go buy the pizza and then take it home themselves...but it IS funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back