🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

States sue to rein in Obama's illegal amnesty

The Constitution is set of statutes

No. You should get an education before you proceed further.

You sound like my 6 year old saying "Nah ahh, I'm not wrong, you're wrong". Start with the dictionary when you get yourself the education you prescribed for me. Statutes are written law passed by a legislative body...in the case of the Constitution, several legislative bodies. You're a classic case of thinking you're so smart you miss glaring stupidities.

No, seriously, you need an education. It's has nothing to do with me thinking that I'm "smart." It has to do with the fact that I am educated. You are making up rationalizations to fill the void from your lack of education. I am trying to explain to you facts of which you are unaware.

You just did it again, Tweedle-dumb.

The Constitution is set of statutes

No. You should get an education before you proceed further.

You sound like my 6 year old saying "Nah ahh, I'm not wrong, you're wrong". Start with the dictionary when you get yourself the education you prescribed for me. Statutes are written law passed by a legislative body...in the case of the Constitution, several legislative bodies. You're a classic case of thinking you're so smart you miss glaring stupidities.

No, seriously, you need an education. It's has nothing to do with me thinking that I'm "smart." It has to do with the fact that I am educated. You are making up rationalizations to fill the void from your lack of education. I am trying to explain to you facts of which you are unaware.

You just did it again, Tweedle-dumb.

Translation: :lalala:

Your willful ignorance is kinda depressing.

What other kinds of law are there besides statutory law?

1 - Executive law (ex: Executive Orders issued by the President)
2 - Regulatory law (ex: a regulation issued by the FCC)
3 - Case law
4 - Constitutional law

If you had bothered to read the rest of the thread you would have seen that I've already said as much.

Which of these did Obama use to act to change the law>

The judicial and legislative functions of administrative agencies are not exactly like those of thecourts or the legislature,but they are similar.Because regulations are not the work of the legislature,they do not have the effect of law in theory; but in practice,regulations can have an important effect in determining the outcome of cases involving regulatory activity.

To have the effect of law,executive orders must appear in the Federal Register, the daily publication of federal rules and regulations. Executive orders are also compiled annually and are published in the Code of Federal Regulations. Selected orders are published with related statutes in U.S.Code Annotated and U.S.Code Service.

case law
Reported decisions of appeals courts and other courts which make new interpretations of the law and, therefore, can be cited as precedents.

Last edited:
If you say don't believe it, after the info has been posted on the Board, as it has, then, yes, you do need to refute it with data.

Hint: it does not exist.

Yes it does.

"In summary, DHS estimates that the unauthorized immigrant population living in the United States decreased to 10.8 million in January 2009 from 11.6 million in January 2008."
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2009.pdf

"America’s immigration system is broken. Too many employers game the system by hiring undocumented workers and there are 11 million people living in the shadows. Neither is good for the economy or the country."
Immigration The White House

You have to show that it climbed from 11.6 million almost six years to whatever today. That is your duty. You have not done that. The only figure you give is about 11 million and some date, which 600K less than in January 2009.

Get to it, get us the relevant most recent figures.

Nah, Too Tall thinks what he says is evdience. He is not a player in this discussion, just grins and chuckles.

So far you haven't shown any evidence for anything.

laughing-019.gif

3 - Case law
4 - Constitutional law

If you had bothered to read the rest of the thread you would have seen that I've already said as much.

The judicial and legislative functions of administrative agencies are not exactly like those of thecourts or the legislature,but they are similar.Because regulations are not the work of the legislature,they do not have the effect of law in theory; but in practice,regulations can have an important effect in determining the outcome of cases involving regulatory activity.

To have the effect of law,executive orders must appear in the Federal Register, the daily publication of federal rules and regulations. Executive orders are also compiled annually and are published in the Code of Federal Regulations. Selected orders are published with related statutes in U.S.Code Annotated and U.S.Code Service.

case law
Reported decisions of appeals courts and other courts which make new interpretations of the law and, therefore, can be cited as precedents.
That's right, regulatory law/rule is NOT permanent... that's what I've been trying to tell you...Obama did NOT issue amnesty as an EO, so the right wing media trying to convince you that he has, is simply full of crud and crapola too! :)

he's simply directing an agency that he is responsible for....

The next president, can direct them in another manner of priorities. The congress can come in with legislation to change it or support it...or leave it as be, which is also supporting it.

Write your congressman and senators, to act on immigration reform....once and for all...Congress needs to DO THEIR JOBS... instead of hiding behind the curtain....and trying to point fingers like a bunch of childish toddlers.

If you say don't believe it, after the info has been posted on the Board, as it has, then, yes, you do need to refute it with data.

Hint: it does not exist.

Yes it does.

"In summary, DHS estimates that the unauthorized immigrant population living in the United States decreased to 10.8 million in January 2009 from 11.6 million in January 2008."
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/statistics/publications/ois_ill_pe_2009.pdf

"America’s immigration system is broken. Too many employers game the system by hiring undocumented workers and there are 11 million people living in the shadows. Neither is good for the economy or the country."
Immigration The White House

You have to show that it climbed from 11.6 million almost six years to whatever today. That is your duty. You have not done that. The only figure you give is about 11 million and some date, which 600K less than in January 2009.

Get to it, get us the relevant most recent figures.

It was 10.8 million when Obama took office according the DHS. I used the White House numbers for 2014, so you know it is a lot higher than "about 11 million" since that is what that group of liars would admit.

You posted earlier that it was above 11.6 million above.

We know no such thing, wishful thinker.

It is about 11.2 or 11.3 right now plus 2 million deported.

The important matter you are ignoring is that there will be no mass deportation.

The Senate bill will not be passed by the House, so get over it.

If that does not happen, then we will concede more than 80% (maybe 10% higher than that) to the Dems in 2016.

The House will write and pass an Immigration bill next year. The Senate will probably also pass it, and it will go to conference before going to Obama. The only real reason the present bill has not been passed by the House is they do not trust the lying bastard in the White House to enforce closing the borders.

3 - Case law
4 - Constitutional law

Which of these did Obama use to act to change the law>

case law

Neither Executive orders nor Regulations can contradict Congressional legislation, and that's exactly what Obama's EO did. Furthermore, the Aministration cannot spend a dime that isn't authorized by Congress. When did the later authorize spending to create work permits and ID cars for illegal aliens?

The Senate bill will not be passed by the House, so get over it.

If that does not happen, then we will concede more than 80% (maybe 10% higher than that) to the Dems in 2016.

The House will write and pass an Immigration bill next year. The Senate will probably also pass it, and it will go to conference before going to Obama. The only real reason the present bill has not been passed by the House is they do not trust the lying bastard in the White House to enforce closing the borders.

The only bill Congress needs to pass is one to secure our borders. Our immigration laws are just fine. They don't need "reform." They just need to be enforced.

The important matter you are ignoring is that there will be no mass deportation.
The original statement by Old Rocks was:

"Why didn't you ask that question when Bush was in office? After all, that was when the number of illegals was increasing. Thus far, during President Obama's terms, the number of illegals here has been decreasing a bit."

This is what I posted. "In summary, DHS estimates that the unauthorized immigrant population living in the United States decreased to 10.8 million in January 2009,"

Bush left office in January, 2009. I will use your numbers to prove there has been an increase from 10.8 million to 11.3 million on Obama's watch.

Last edited:

3 - Case law
4 - Constitutional law

case law
That's right, regulatory law/rule is NOT permanent... that's what I've been trying to tell you...Obama did NOT issue amnesty as an EO, so the right wing media trying to convince you that he has, is simply full of crud and crapola too! :)

The next president, can direct them in another manner of priorities. The congress can come in with legislation to change it or support it...or leave it as be, which is also supporting it.

Write your congressman and senators, to act on immigration reform....once and for all...Congress needs to DO THEIR JOBS... instead of hiding behind the curtain....and trying to point fingers like a bunch of childish toddlers.

If what you say is correct, he is going for Liar of the Year again by stating "I took action to change the law."

Now that I can agree with, TooTall.

The bill will have to be omnibus, all done at the same time: border security, e-verify for business, and immigration reform.

That is the only way I think it can pass and be siged.

"Why didn't you ask that question when Bush was in office? After all, that was when the number of illegals was increasing. Thus far, during President Obama's terms, the number of illegals here has been decreasing a bit."

This is what I posted. "In summary, DHS estimates that the unauthorized immigrant population living in the United States decreased to 10.8 million in January 2009,"

Bush left office in January, 2009. I will use your numbers to prove there has been an increase from 10.8 million to 11.3 million on Obama's watch.

Post all the figures given for Jan 2009 and as late as you can get them for this year. With the sources.

Thanks.

3 - Case law
4 - Constitutional law

case law

He's directing that agency to not follow the law. Which is a violation of his oath he took.

Post all the figures given for Jan 2009 and as late as you can get them for this year. With the sources.

Thanks.
Why should he you never do when you're asked.

Forum List

Back