Statesman vs the Dufus: Obama vs Ronnie

:lmao:

Oh wait, you are actually serious!

Deserved or not Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize.. Can people imagine what right wingers would do if one of them got a Nobel? :rofl:

For the record, "not".

I understand Kim Jun Un is in the running for next year's NPP. j/k :eusa_shhh: :rofl:

Immie

Really? I can't imagine that. I also can't imagine hating and despising teh Nobel because of political and ideological issues.

Do I think Obama deserved it? No. Did Obama himself act as surprised as everyone else? YEs.
How did this all come about? The arrogance of Bush/Cheney. The world was showing America they would respect us again. Such a horrible idea, eh?

th

Obama is a statesman. The world respects him and the USA

images

"Dante? You mean the Italian poet or the Attention Whore on USMB?"

Reagan cut and run in Lebanon: In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an airstrike in the Bekaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions. President Reagan assembled his national security team ... There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans,[22] besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

Multi-service ground-support units were withdrawn from Beirut after the attack on the barracks due to retaliatory threats.

In the meantime, the attack boosted the prestige and growth of the Shi'ite organization Hezbollah.

---------------------- Regan helped Hezbollah ------------------

Reagan did not end the Cold War and shots were fired under Reagan during the Cold War. Facts are difficult for right wingers. Shots fired in the cold war 'Grenada' 'El Salvador' 'Nicaragua' and more... War in The Reagan Era

The Reagan Era Brought Us Depression, War, and Mass Murder in the Global South

:eusa_shhh:

You are right. Reagan like most people were not interested in nor was the concept of "terrorism" a daily topic.
And even Clinton when he had more bombs dropped in Iraq then even Bush,

"..give President authority to use force..to disarm Saddam because an arsenal of WMDs..threat our security"..Kerry 2002
"..Unmistakable evidence Saddam developing nuclear weapons next 5 years.."Rockefeller 2002
"Violated over 11 years every UN resolution demanding disarming WMDs.."Waxman 2002
"He's given aid,comfort & sanctuary to al Qaeda members..and keep developing WMDs"..Hillary 2002
"Compelling evidence Saddam has WMDs production storage capacity.." Graham 2002
"Without a question, we need to disarm Saddam. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime .... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ...."Kerry , Jan. 23. 2003.
“I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons…I saw evidence back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up and then moving those trucks out.” — Clinton’s Secretary of Defense William Cohen in April of 2003
“I share the administration’s goals in dealing with Iraq and its weapons of mass destruction.” — Dick Gephardt in September of 2002

But finally after so many continual rebuffs of diplomacy by Iraq,Bush took all the above at their word!
"..deny Iraq the capacity to develop WMD".Bill Clinton,1998

By the way Bush bashers did you KNOW CLINTON dropped In the first three months of 1999, U.S. led-forces bombarded Iraq with 241,000 pounds of bombs just shy of the 253,000 pounds dropped under President Bush in the eight months leading up to the final UN resolution before the war.
The Raw Story | Clinton bombing of Iraq far exceeded Bush's in run-up to war; Bush 'spikes of activity' questioned

images

Reagan cut and run in Lebanon: In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an airstrike in the Bekaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions. President Reagan assembled his national security team ... There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans,[22] besides a few shellings. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft from the USS John F. Kennedy and USS Independence battle groups attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was ostensibly in response to Syrian missile attacks on American warplanes.

Multi-service ground-support units were withdrawn from Beirut after the attack on the barracks due to retaliatory threats.

In the meantime, the attack boosted the prestige and growth of the Shi'ite organization Hezbollah.

Reagan did not end the Cold War and shots were fired under Reagan during the Cold War. Facts are difficult for right wingers. Shots fired in the cold war 'Grenada' 'El Salvador' 'Nicaragua' and more... War in The Reagan Era

Reagan wanted to bomb the fuck out of the place Dante.....he was talked out of it by Caspar Weinberger.....

Does not matter nor does the Nobel have squat to do with international opinion of Obama or the USA. None of that is relevant to the point you put forward.

The only thing that giving the Nobel to Obama did was reinforce the fact that the peace prize had already been reduced to stupidity. Really, awarding it to someone that has not actually done anything yet is asinine in some pretty epic ways.

Example of a very small mind. :eusa_whistle:

I know, I know but you really should not tell people. You don’t really need to confirm what we already know about you…

Honestly, why do you even bother to post here if this is all you are going to do? I guess I’ll just unsub this thread before it ends up in the useless rubber room.

yet another attempt by a right winger @ usmb to marginalize somebody who is not easily run over with right wing bs

thanks for the recognition, but it was unnecessary. :redface:
:thewave:

Why didn't you just post this in lumpys thread?

Attention whore

Because I believe the other thread is not a political thread, it is a flame thread

the title of this thread just might give the mods a feeling that this might be a flamer Dante.....just sayin.....

A title versus an OP? I would hope staff could distinguish ... look at the two OPs

which looks more the Flame Thread? The usual Right Winger thread or the Dante thread?

images

Reagan wanted to bomb the fuck out of the place Dante.....he was talked out of it by Caspar Weinberger.....

your argument: A tough guy warrior allows ONE cabinet official to change his mind and for you that excuses them? :laugh2:

Not buying it. Reagan was a dufus and he threw the US Marine Corps under the bus

Because I believe the other thread is not a political thread, it is a flame thread

the title of this thread just might give the mods a feeling that this might be a flamer Dante.....just sayin.....

A title versus an OP? I would hope staff could distinguish ... look at the two OPs

which looks more the Flame Thread? The usual Right Winger thread or the Dante thread?

just sayin Dante....you know it has happened before with other threads.....

just sayin Dante....you know it has happened before with other threads.....

Maybe, but posting right up front the differences opens up a battle line for challenges

obama is a statesman! Oh my good Lord. obama is a laughingstock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omHUsRTYFAU]Obama lost without a teleprompter - YouTube[/ame]

Now whoever writes what's on the teleprompter, that person might be a statesman.

Dufus Ronald Reagan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MDFX-dNtsM]"Berlin Wall" Speech - President Reagan's Address at the Brandenburg Gate - 6/12/87 - YouTube[/ame]

Where's the teleprompter?

your argument: A tough guy warrior allows ONE cabinet official to change his mind and for you that excuses them? :laugh2:

Not buying it. Reagan was a dufus and he threw the US Marine Corps under the bus

no it doesn't excuse them....i would have bombed the fuck out of them.....but when i read what Casper told Reagan......i can see where he would back off.....and i think if the same thing happened today with the same circumstances and Hagel told Obama the same thing....i am willing to bet Obama would do the same thing.....

Deserved or not Obama got a Nobel Peace Prize.. Can people imagine what right wingers would do if one of them got a Nobel? :rofl:

For the record, "not".

I understand Kim Jun Un is in the running for next year's NPP. j/k :eusa_shhh: :rofl:

Immie

Really? I can't imagine that. I also can't imagine hating and despising teh Nobel because of political and ideological issues.

Do I think Obama deserved it? No. Did Obama himself act as surprised as everyone else? YEs.
How did this all come about? The arrogance of Bush/Cheney. The world was showing America they would respect us again. Such a horrible idea, eh?

Who hates the NPP? I just think the committees have made a joke of the prize or maybe I should say they have entered the realm of political corruption?

Immie

How are these threads different? How will they be judged?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/288527-reagan-vs-obama.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/288547-statesman-vs-the-dufus-obama-vs-ronnie.html

The difference is that yours is BS. I guarantee you that the world respected Reagan, if not outright feared him. Today, I see the respect NK is giving Obama. Or those in Libya.

well yeah boy, that North Korea respects the hell out of the TWO doofuses we have in office now..and Iran is another story

Lurch Kerry and the clown Obama

You have to feel sorry for obama cult members, they seem to have a need to make him something he isn't and can never be

Liked and Respected like Ronald Reagan was...Especially by the people of this country

that is what chaps their ass and why they have to keep bringing up Reagan

You have to feel sorry for obama cult members, they seem to have a need to make him something he isn't and can never be

Liked and Respected like Ronald Reagan was...Especially by the people of this country

Well at least they have stopped comparing him to god so reality is slowly setting in.

Well at least they have stopped comparing him to god so reality is slowly setting in.

yep, they are seeing people don't LOVE Obama like they do

that seems to be a reality they can't deal with..how sad is that:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back