🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Statute of limitations for sex crimes

equalizer_1

Rookie
Jan 26, 2018
How long after the alleged sex offense can it be prosecuted in court?

"This guy raped me twenty years ago!"

"So why didn't you press charges back then?"

"Well, the political climate was not as favorable to prosecute rape charges back then, and now we have DNA and hearsay and more liberal rules for evidence and all that good stuff."

Suddenly, ex post facto, "all men" are sex offenders and "all women" are innocent victims. I am not condoning or excusing or making any apology for rape or sexual assault, but we need to be realistic here. No means no, but you cannot be allowed to change your mind and press criminal charges twenty years after the fact.

It is actually possible in most cases to live a relatively full, normal life in modern society after being raped or sexually assaulted.

Not so after being accused of such, never mind the truthfulness of the accusation, the due process of law, and the rights of the accused.
Angry cops, loose laws, loose women, vicious prosecutors, lascivious judges, and incompetent defense attorneys are putting too many men.

And all the wrong men at that. They are not going after the mob bosses and pimps who are actually committing many, many counts of murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder as well as a whole laundry list of sex, drug, and financial crimes.

How long after the alleged sex offense can it be prosecuted in court?

"This guy raped me twenty years ago!"

"So why didn't you press charges back then?"

"Well, the political climate was not as favorable to prosecute rape charges back then, and now we have DNA and hearsay and more liberal rules for evidence and all that good stuff."

Suddenly, ex post facto, "all men" are sex offenders and "all women" are innocent victims. I am not condoning or excusing or making any apology for rape or sexual assault, but we need to be realistic here. No means no, but you cannot be allowed to change your mind and press criminal charges twenty years after the fact.

It is actually possible in most cases to live a relatively full, normal life in modern society after being raped or sexually assaulted.

Not so after being accused of such, never mind the truthfulness of the accusation, the due process of law, and the rights of the accused.
Angry cops, loose laws, loose women, vicious prosecutors, lascivious judges, and incompetent defense attorneys are putting too many men.

And all the wrong men at that. They are not going after the mob bosses and pimps who are actually committing many, many counts of murder, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder as well as a whole laundry list of sex, drug, and financial crimes.
I'm guessing you're are a man and have never been raped. I'm not sure I follow your logic here. To use your analogy if a mob boss or pimp shot me 20 years ago and I was too scared to report him, sure I might have still lived a productive life but that life would probably have been one lived in fear.

If you were a kid playing doctor with a neighbor kid, I don't see a problem. If you grew up in the 70's and grabbed butts, I can see your point. But serious sexual crimes should be treated like all other serious crimes.

So long as there is physical evidence of a crime, the statute of limitations should be extended to at least 20 years from the time of the crime.

Women have been given a loaded gun to use against men. How many boyfriends have gone to prison because of his vindictive girlfriend? On the other side of the coin, how many violent rapists have NOT gone to prison because the defense attorney made her out to be a slut? I mean, Hillary Clinton got a child rapist off that way. If she could make a 12 year old girl look like a slut, something's seriously wrong with our justice system.

Forum List

Back