🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Steph Curry: "no, Trump, every single vet says that Colin kneeling is not disrespectful to vets"

He's right. I'm one of those veterans who made a career out of the military and I am not offended by anyone taking a knee.

Why? I swore an oath 5 different times, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. That means I support and defend what is contained in that document, and 2 of those things are free speech and the right to peaceful protest. The fact that people feel secure enough in their rights to use them means that my service wasn't in vain, and the Constitution is still the law of the land.

As a friend of mine once said "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what about those who do not protest peacefully?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thank you so much for all of your service!

He's right. I'm one of those veterans who made a career out of the military and I am not offended by anyone taking a knee.

Why? I swore an oath 5 different times, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. That means I support and defend what is contained in that document, and 2 of those things are free speech and the right to peaceful protest. The fact that people feel secure enough in their rights to use them means that my service wasn't in vain, and the Constitution is still the law of the land.

As a friend of mine once said "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what about those who do not protest peacefully?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thank you so much for all of your service!

Actually, that is kind of a silly question, because a violent protest is called a riot, which is NOT covered under the Constitution, and when they happen, I believe the police have the duty to stop it.

If it's peaceful, then go for what you know.

And....................fwiw...................you guys might benefit from the definition of a word........................

genuflect
[jen-yoo-flekt]
See more synonyms for genuflect on Thesaurus.com
verb (used without object)
  1. to bend the knee or touch one knee to the floor in reverence or worship.
  2. to express a servile attitude.

Now, you know that Kaepernick wasn't really being disrespectful, he was just expressing his opinion. And, like I said, I'm kinda happy that he feels secure enough in his rights as a citizen to peacefully protest. That means the 20 years of service I gave to this country to support and defend the Constitution of the United States wasn't in vain, because it's still in effect.

^^^ Thank you for writing back to me. I do have another question though since you share what the word genuflect means here. I am all for respecting the flag of course, but is it something to worship? I don't believe so, but of course that is just my opinion.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

He's wrong. I know plenty of vets who are offended by it. Not much else to say really.

This vet says it is disrespectful.

Not saying he doesn’t have the right to, just saying it’s highly disrespectful and a stupid way to try to make a political point. If anything it says you can’t articulate an argument about police brutality against blacks. But we all know they lost that arguement when the facts show that more whites get killed by cops.

/end thread.

This thread proved the title wrong since many vets mentioned they were offended. The title didn't say "some vets weren't offended."

`
There were around 20.4 million U.S. veterans in 2016, according to data from the Department of Veterans Affairs. All of this is less than a drop in the bucket.

^^^ Thank you for writing back to me. I do have another question though since you share what the word genuflect means here. I am all for respecting the flag of course, but is it something to worship? I don't believe so, but of course that is just my opinion.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Well, depends on what side of the aisle you are on. Currently, a lot of conservatives who support Trump seem to think that the flag is something to be worshiped, because of the way they are screaming about NFL players taking a knee.

Me? I don't worship anything about this country, because I've been told that only God is to be worshiped. However......................because of the oath of enlistment that says I will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, well................that means I have a great deal of respect (not worship) for that document, and will defend everything that is contained in that document.

It's only the Trumpkins that have elevated the flag and anthem to the level of worship.

^^^ Or is it the liberals who have decided to worship since they are ones who have decided to "take a knee"?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

^^^ Or is it the liberals who have decided to worship since they are ones who have decided to "take a knee"?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Now you are just being silly. The conservatives are the ones bitching about the NFL players taking a knee in protest, because they believe the flag should be worshiped.

The NFL players are taking a knee as peaceful protest that is as respectful as they can make it.

It was a vet who asked Kaepernick to kneel out of respect and not sit on the bench.

Kaepernick LISTENED, thanked him and began kneeling.
That is a bullshi lie passed around as truth. kaepernick hates this country,our Flag and the police.

Your friend is an idiot.

No way would I be willing to die so that some lefty retard can run his mouth about something I disagree with. .... :cool:
That was said in the days when people respected the right to free speech. We need to return to those days.

Forum List

Back