🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Steph Curry: "no, Trump, every single vet says that Colin kneeling is not disrespectful to vets"

^^^ Or is it the liberals who have decided to worship since they are ones who have decided to "take a knee"?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The conservatives are the ones bitching about the NFL players taking a knee in protest, because they believe the flag should be worshiped.
If they believe that the flag is to be worshiped, why do they believe that it should be stood for instead?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

He's right. I'm one of those veterans who made a career out of the military and I am not offended by anyone taking a knee.

Why? I swore an oath 5 different times, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. That means I support and defend what is contained in that document, and 2 of those things are free speech and the right to peaceful protest. The fact that people feel secure enough in their rights to use them means that my service wasn't in vain, and the Constitution is still the law of the land.

As a friend of mine once said "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what about those who do not protest peacefully?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thank you so much for all of your service!

Actually, that is kind of a silly question, because a violent protest is called a riot, which is NOT covered under the Constitution, and when they happen, I believe the police have the duty to stop it.

If it's peaceful, then go for what you know.

And....................fwiw...................you guys might benefit from the definition of a word........................

genuflect
[jen-yoo-flekt]
See more synonyms for genuflect on Thesaurus.com
verb (used without object)
  1. to bend the knee or touch one knee to the floor in reverence or worship.
  2. to express a servile attitude.

Now, you know that Kaepernick wasn't really being disrespectful, he was just expressing his opinion. And, like I said, I'm kinda happy that he feels secure enough in his rights as a citizen to peacefully protest. That means the 20 years of service I gave to this country to support and defend the Constitution of the United States wasn't in vain, because it's still in effect.
nobody says he didn't have the right to do it like we have the right to END THE NFL.

It was a vet who asked Kaepernick to kneel out of respect and not sit on the bench. Kaepernick LISTENED, thanked him and began kneeling.
That is a bullshi lie passed around as truth. kaepernick hates this country,our Flag and the police.
Yeah, if you don't like it, it must be FAKE NEWS.

:laugh:

Here's how Nate Boyer got Colin Kaepernick to go from sitting to kneeling
CBS News? SeeBS
FAKE NEWS

:spinner:

It always amazes me when people think that a Veteran's opinions somehow carry more weight than the average civilian's opinion.

I meet smart people, average people, and morons when I was in the Army.

Basically, the same cross section of people you find in civilian life. ... :cool:

^^^ Or is it the liberals who have decided to worship since they are ones who have decided to "take a knee"?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
The conservatives are the ones bitching about the NFL players taking a knee in protest, because they believe the flag should be worshiped.
If they believe that the flag is to be worshiped, why do they believe that it should be stood for instead?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Dunno. Might wanna ask one of the rabid liberals on these boards.

He's right. I'm one of those veterans who made a career out of the military and I am not offended by anyone taking a knee.

Why? I swore an oath 5 different times, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. That means I support and defend what is contained in that document, and 2 of those things are free speech and the right to peaceful protest. The fact that people feel secure enough in their rights to use them means that my service wasn't in vain, and the Constitution is still the law of the land.

As a friend of mine once said "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I'm a vet, and I find it disrespectful.

Steph was accused of being disrespectful to vets because he didnt go to the white house, so he erupted and said the quote in the title.

The Players' Tribune on Instagram: “These athletes refuse to #ShutUpAndDribble. For more, hit the link in our bio.”

He's right.

I was in the Air National Guard. I served for freedom for everyone. Not just those I agree with. I served to protect the right for anyone to take a knee during the anthem. I served for the right for everyone to stand during the anthem.

The bottom line.

We all served for freedom for everyone. No matter what their politics are, no matter if they want to stand for the anthem or not.

This vet, sees those who want to persecute anyone for exercising their right to freedom of expression as the people who hate freedom, our nation, constitution and bill of rights.

What does free speech have to do with the Kap/NFL situation?

It may be his right since we do have lots of freedom here, BUT it IS disrespectful in my opinion. And saying so is MY right.

The fact that he felt secure enough in his rights afforded under the Constitution means that my 20 years of service wasn't in vain. The Constitution is still the law of the land, and the rights it affords us are still there.

No, I'm not offended, but rather happy.
Was his constitutional right to free speech taken from him? You arent making any sense.

Steph was accused of being disrespectful to vets because he didnt go to the white house, so he erupted and said the quote in the title.

The Players' Tribune on Instagram: “These athletes refuse to #ShutUpAndDribble. For more, hit the link in our bio.”

He's right.

I was in the Air National Guard. I served for freedom for everyone. Not just those I agree with. I served to protect the right for anyone to take a knee during the anthem. I served for the right for everyone to stand during the anthem.

The bottom line.

We all served for freedom for everyone. No matter what their politics are, no matter if they want to stand for the anthem or not.

This vet, sees those who want to persecute anyone for exercising their right to freedom of expression as the people who hate freedom, our nation, constitution and bill of rights.
Why are you persecuting me for protesting Kap? Dont i have the right to do that? Youre flip flopping all over the place.

It was a vet who asked Kaepernick to kneel out of respect and not sit on the bench.

Kaepernick LISTENED, thanked him and began kneeling.

Further proving every profession has it's morons

Who are you calling a moron, Kaepernick for kneeling, or the Seattle Seahawk player who is a former Green Beret that told him to kneel?

A reminder that an Army vet suggested Colin Kaepernick kneel during the anthem

“I expressed to him, maybe there’s a different way of demonstrating, where you’re showing more respect for those who laid down their lives for what that flag and anthem stand for,” Boyer said of his conversation with Kaepernick. “I suggested kneeling, because people kneel to pray; we’ll kneel in front of a fallen brother’s grave.”

Kaepernick, and other players, have been called “unpatriotic” for kneeling during the anthem, but the idea came from a man who very clearly loves this country and has served to protect the freedoms that it provides its citizens, including the freedom to protest in a peaceful manner.
Both.

This is a non issue...Americans have moved past it since it means nothing....get it? Got the memo?

He's right.

The bottom line.

Why are you persecuting me for protesting Kap? Dont i have the right to do that? Youre flip flopping all over the place.

Who is persecuting you? Protest Kap to your heart's content.

You know it's bullshit fake news when the claim is "EVERY SINGLE veteran disagrees that Colin kneeling is disrepecful". :cuckoo:

He's right.

The bottom line.

Who is persecuting you? Protest Kap to your heart's content.
You're saying I hate freedom, the constitution and the Bill of Rights. Why are you persecuting me?

Forum List

Back