Zone1 Stephen Buxton Claims That Men Who Have Beards Are Prideful

Stonewall Jackson was once described as a pious blue-eyed killer.....He had a beard.

74323587-6a53-49fb-9399-8bb2c1cfa8e6_1.eb56a6ccbbe627f465827d1148ae18b6.jpeg

As did John Brown.

john-brown-1800-1859-1859-everett.jpg

Both were clean shaven in their youth.

Most married Amish men I've seen around here have beards. But I've seen their wives, they're not much to be proud of. Most of them are underfed, overworked, and kinda stinky.

Within a few months ago someone posted an OP asking why women wear makeup [ or something similar to those words ] and he mentioned he didn't like makeup on women. I thought to myself probably for the same reasons men wear beards: they like the way they look in them.

Actually, there is another reason many men wear beards and that is because they are trying to disguise something.
:dunno:

I grow one every hunting season and another over the winter. I like the way I look but when it gets so long that it needs constant trimming, I shave it off. I don't take any special pride in it, it's just something that I do.

I grow one every hunting season and another over the winter. I like the way I look but when it gets so long that it needs constant trimming, I shave it off. I don't take any special pride in it, it's just something that I do.

I grow mine out in the winter as well. It does a great job keeping your face warm.
In the spring I trim it to a goatee.
I havent shaved all winter other than to trim it.

Last edited:
Some men just don't like to shave unless they have a good reason to shave. It's just going to grow back anyways, so it's a waste of time.

Now that's when you know that this "pastor" is full of it because more than likely Jesus Christ had a beard.
Fake News , OP .
Everybody knows that between the ages of 12 and 30 JC was studying with the smart guys and Essenes in Egypt . He had access to secret cult technology and that is why as a result his entourage was so loaded with women .
JC was good looking when shaven , with a saucy smile . See Enoch 11. 23-25

I grow mine out in the winter as well. It does a great job keeping your face warm.
In the spring I trim it to a goatee.
I havent shaved all winter other than to trim it.
True. You don't realize just how warm it keeps your face until you shave it off while it's still cold outside.

My daughter: "Why the beard, Dad?"
Me: "I'm going for the 'old goat' look."
My daughter: "I think you nailed it."

Last edited:
Fake News , OP .
Everybody knows that between the ages of 12 and 30 JC was studying with the smart guys and Essenes in Egypt . He had access to secret cult technology and that is why as a result his entourage was so loaded with women .
JC was good looking when shaven , with a saucy smile . See Enoch 11. 23-25
It is widely thought that the Roman's set the fashion and grooming trends in their vassal states. If so, Jesus likely had short hair and was clean shaven.

It is widely thought that the Roman's set the fashion and grooming trends in their vassal states. If so, Jesus likely had short hair and was clean shaven.
Have no idea how JC looked or why . My post was just fun .
However , I wonder if Jews really were clean shaven because of internal dictates plus a presumed dislike of "things Roman" by many .

I have no idea actually whether he ever was in Egypt for any extended period .There are lots of narratives that he went east to the Indian sub continent and presumably communed with enlightened ones on the top of Nepalese or Tibetan mountains .

I think the harder evidence is that he joined the Essene sect and probably around the Dead Sea area .
What I would like to know is when and how he met his future wife Mary Magdalene . I believe it most likely she was part of the Essene commune but where did she come from , from what family etc etc
Any ideas ? Evidence based preferably .

Have no idea how JC looked or why . My post was just fun .
However , I wonder if Jews really were clean shaven because of internal dictates plus a presumed dislike of "things Roman" by many .

I have no idea actually whether he ever was in Egypt for any extended period .There are lots of narratives that he went east to the Indian sub continent and presumably communed with enlightened ones on the top of Nepalese or Tibetan mountains .

I think the harder evidence is that he joined the Essene sect and probably around the Dead Sea area .
What I would like to know is when and how he met his future wife Mary Magdalene . I believe it most likely she was part of the Essene commune but where did she come from , from what family etc etc
Any ideas ? Evidence based preferably .
I go by the Biblical story and some secular history of the period.

I go by the Biblical story and some secular history of the period.
Bit like only reading CNN for the nearest to the truth .
You need to check the reasons why somebody wrote whatever they did and to follow the money trail , whether literal or metaphorical .

Just look to the Council of Nicea 325 AD to see how you could write and rewrite history in line with the required narrative for that time .
Look at what they excluded from the Bible and why .

True. You don't realize just how warm it keeps your face until you shave it off while it's still cold outside.

My daughter: "Why the beard, Dad?"
Me: "I'm going for the 'old goat' look."
My daughter: "I think you nailed it."

Yep,it really does make a difference in the winter.

Bit like only reading CNN for the nearest to the truth .
You need to check the reasons why somebody wrote whatever they did and to follow the money trail , whether literal or metaphorical .

Just look to the Council of Nicea 325 AD to see how you could write and rewrite history in line with the required narrative for that time .
Look at what they excluded from the Bible and why .
I have to believe that God guided those decisions.

Forum List

Back