Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

Tiny niche market.
Still accurate.

it is hardly a niche

this is 09 and it has only grown from there

The first comprehensive survey to look at ownership and use of modern sporting rifles reveals that 8.9 million Americans went target shooting with AR-style rifles in 2009 and that participants using this type of rifle were the most active among all types of sport shooters.

Target shooting grows in popularity

So now you're trying to say the AR was designed for target shooting. You know that's goofy, right?
Most people who own AR frame rifles use them exclusively for target shooting only a fraction of a percent of killers use the AR for murder so if it indeed is the best killing tool out, as you claim it is, there more people would be using it to commit murders

That gun design was chosen as the best possible weapon for our soldiers. I guess it could be used as a target shooting gun as well, but I doubt it gets more use that way than the use by the military.

And I've told you why and that reason has nothing to do with the fact that it is the most deadly rifle.

It is no more deadly than any other.223 caliber semiautomatic. It's the composite materials that make it the choice of the military and not the caliber as those materials make the weapon more resistant excessive moisture and impacts etc.

If the military really wanted the most lethal .223 they'd be using hollow point ammo not full metal jacket

Still accurate.

it is hardly a niche

The first comprehensive survey to look at ownership and use of modern sporting rifles reveals that 8.9 million Americans went target shooting with AR-style rifles in 2009 and that participants using this type of rifle were the most active among all types of sport shooters.

So now you're trying to say the AR was designed for target shooting. You know that's goofy, right?
Most people who own AR frame rifles use them exclusively for target shooting only a fraction of a percent of killers use the AR for murder so if it indeed is the best killing tool out, as you claim it is, there more people would be using it to commit murders

That gun design was chosen as the best possible weapon for our soldiers. I guess it could be used as a target shooting gun as well, but I doubt it gets more use that way than the use by the military.

And I've told you why and that reason has nothing to do with the fact that it is the most deadly rifle.

It is no more deadly than any other.223 caliber semiautomatic. It's the composite materials that make it the choice of the military and not the caliber as those materials make the weapon more resistant excessive moisture and impacts etc.

If the military really wanted the most lethal .223 they'd be using hollow point ammo not full metal jacket

Got it. The military didn't really care about which rifle would be the better combat weapon. Thanks for the info. Where did you come up with that story?

cars accidentally kill more people than rifles or all guns.......they kill more children than guns do every single day......

Incorrect barrel stroker

Gun Deaths Have Now Surpassed Motor Vehicle Deaths In 21 States (And Counting)

Just wanted to remind you per our agreement that if General Kelly is still on the job in three days that you are to take a one month sabbatical from this forum. Have you any plans for the month of March?

LoL - thanks for the reminder Dale. You just may have me on that one. I've put a rubber band around my schween. ;-)

Dude, I am not going to hold you to it......just chiding ya a little. ;o)

it is hardly a niche

Got it. The military didn't really care about which rifle would be the better combat weapon. Thanks for the info. Where did you come up with that story?

I already said the composite materials mattered to the military.

In that sense composite rifles are "better" because they hold up to environmental extremes and impacts better than a rifle with a wood stock but don't kid yourself by saying the AR is a better killing weapon than any other semiauto of the same caliber because the facts disagree with you.

The firing rate of an AR 15 is exactly the same as any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. The muzzle velocity is virtually the same but can have some differences that are caused by barrel length.

The M16 in semiauto mode is not more deadly than any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. However in select fire or full auto modes it will be because in those 2 firing modes there is no way to compare the M 16 to a commercially available rifle

In that sense composite rifles are "better" because they hold up to environmental extremes and impacts better than a rifle with a wood stock but don't kid yourself by saying the AR is a better killing weapon than any other semiauto of the same caliber because the facts disagree with you.

The firing rate of an AR 15 is exactly the same as any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. The muzzle velocity is virtually the same but can have some differences that are caused by barrel length.

The M16 in semiauto mode is not more deadly than any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. However in select fire or full auto modes it will be because in those 2 firing modes there is no way to compare the M 16 to a commercially available rifle

Right Get an M16, and any bargain shelf .223 and fire them both in single fire as fast and as long as you can. Which one will melt down first?

cars accidentally kill more people than rifles or all guns.......they kill more children than guns do every single day......

Incorrect barrel stroker

Just wanted to remind you per our agreement that if General Kelly is still on the job in three days that you are to take a one month sabbatical from this forum. Have you any plans for the month of March?

LoL - thanks for the reminder Dale. You just may have me on that one. I've put a rubber band around my schween. ;-)

Dude, I am not going to hold you to it......just chiding ya a little. ;o)

I'm a man of my word Dale - A bet's a bet.

Gotta give ya something - how about 2 weeks?

Right Get an M16, and any bargain shelf .223 and fire them both in single fire as fast and as long as you can. Which one will melt down first?

So you finally admit the M16 is NOT the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle

still cant tell the truth can ya

sub group of drunk driving deaths is more then the total "motor vehicle deaths"

Feb 25, 2018 (4:27:27 PM)

Drunk Driving 5158

murder by gun 1753

Oh I see - we don't get to count the traffic fatalities not involving drunk driving?

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

sure we can why not retard

then add another 20982 as Feb 26, 2018 (6:58:49 AM)

This is 2014 - old .. Graph at bottom shows projections - not sure if 2017 data is in.
Firearms deaths are up and traffic fatalities are down in past 3-4 years.

And with that? Doc Love drops the mic :)
FastStats

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,736
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6
All firearm deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,594
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.5
guns+to+surpass.png

hey stupid the numbers i have posted are real time not a yearly round up

2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America

:5_1_12024:

So you finally admit the M16 is NOT the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle

I always said it was slightly modified, but still essentially the same gun.

No you have been saying the AR 15 is exactly the same as the M 16

But now you have obviously realized your error

Exactly the same in all ways pertinent to our discussion. Go back and reread what was said.

Exactly the same in all ways pertinent to our discussion. Go back and reread what was said.

I don't have to. You have said the AR 15 is a "more deadly" .223. It isn't
You have said it is the same as an M 16. It isn't

Now you demonstrate that they are not the same by implying that a comparison between an M 16 and any other bargain .223 will have the M 16 come out on top

Now you demonstrate that they are not the same by implying that a comparison between an M 16 and any other bargain .223 will have the M 16 come out on top

You are the one who said it as the same as ANY other .223

Yes the AR 15 is the same as any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic. I have never said the M 16 was the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic nor have I ever said the AR 15 was more deadly than any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. That was all you

No....not exactly the same in any way pertinent to the discussion....the M-16 has full auto capability.....the AR-15 does not, that makes them two completely different rifles......you guys are lying to uninformed Americans by implying that the AR-15 fires fully automatic ........ the uninformed believe you which is why you hear so much ignorant commentary in this discussion......and that is why we don't trust you.......you know if you get the AR-15 you can then come back and say, all those other rifles shoot the same as the AR-15 so you have to let us ban those too...including semi auto pistols....

Incorrect barrel stroker

still cant tell the truth can ya

sub group of drunk driving deaths is more then the total "motor vehicle deaths"

Feb 25, 2018 (4:27:27 PM)

Drunk Driving 5158

murder by gun 1753

Oh I see - we don't get to count the traffic fatalities not involving drunk driving?

sure we can why not retard

then add another 20982 as Feb 26, 2018 (6:58:49 AM)

This is 2014 - old .. Graph at bottom shows projections - not sure if 2017 data is in.
Firearms deaths are up and traffic fatalities are down in past 3-4 years.

And with that? Doc Love drops the mic :)
FastStats

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,736
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6
All firearm deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,594
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.5
guns+to+surpass.png

Then Dr. Love needs to pick up the mic because he isn't comparing car accidental deaths to gun accidental deaths, he is comparing gun murder and gun suicide to accidental car deaths....apples to oranges....

Because Dr. Love knows that apples to apples....accidental death to accidental death shows he is an idiot and a liar...

The actual comparison...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2016 Accidental Death...

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Gun murder.....2016

FBI....11,004

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Gun Suicide.....22,938

Tiny niche market.
Still accurate.

it is hardly a niche

No...it wasn't chosen as the best possible weapon for our soldiers.....it was the cheapest rifle out of all the other companies that bid on the weapon selection process....just like any other government contract.......you are such a doofus...

Yes the AR 15 is the same as any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic. I have never said the M 16 was the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic nor have I ever said the AR 15 was more deadly than any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. That was all you

You're confused.

You're confused.

Prove it.

No....not exactly the same in any way pertinent to the discussion....the M-16 has full auto capability.....the AR-15 does not, that makes them two completely different rifles......you guys are lying to uninformed Americans by implying that the AR-15 fires fully automatic ........ the uninformed believe you which is why you hear so much ignorant commentary in this discussion......and that is why we don't trust you.......you know if you get the AR-15 you can then come back and say, all those other rifles shoot the same as the AR-15 so you have to let us ban those too...including semi auto pistols....

Yes.that is the modification I mentioned at the first of the conversation. The AR15 and the M16 are essentially the same when both are fired in single mode. In fact, the AR15 was select fire and had it's designation changed to the then new M16 designation when the military bought the design. The modification was made to allow non select fire sale to the public.

Forum List

Back