Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

So you finally admit the M16 is NOT the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle

I always said it was slightly modified, but still essentially the same gun.
No you have been saying the AR 15 is exactly the same as the M 16

But now you have obviously realized your error

Exactly the same in all ways pertinent to our discussion. Go back and reread what was said.

No....not exactly the same in any way pertinent to the discussion....the M-16 has full auto capability.....the AR-15 does not, that makes them two completely different rifles......you guys are lying to uninformed Americans by implying that the AR-15 fires fully automatic ........ the uninformed believe you which is why you hear so much ignorant commentary in this discussion......and that is why we don't trust you.......you know if you get the AR-15 you can then come back and say, all those other rifles shoot the same as the AR-15 so you have to let us ban those too...including semi auto pistols....

Yes.that is the modification I mentioned at the first of the conversation. The AR15 and the M16 are essentially the same when both are fired in single mode. In fact, the AR15 was select fire and had it's designation changed to the then new M16 designation when the military bought the design. The modification was made to allow non select fire sale to the public.

Nope.......you kept lying...implying that the AR-15 is the exact same rifle as the M-16 and you even keep calling the AR-15 an "Assault Rifle" even after you were told they the two rifles are completely different.

All semi auto firing weapons work the same way, including semi auto pistols and 5-6 shot revolvers.....one bullet per pull of the trigger, no manual reload.....you know this, and you kept lying....

The AR-15 is a civilian rifle that has never been used in war...the police use it...and there are 8 million AR-15s in private hands making it the single most popular rifle in the country....and calling to ban it just shows it is your gateway gun....you will use it to call for a ban on all semi auto weapons.....as the crowd at the CNN 2 minutes of hate called for in their chants...

Crowder nails it....

He demonstrates the rate of fire with a .357 lever action rifle.....he shows a semi auto shotgun....
The anti gunners want them too....

Charles Whitman didn't have an AR-15. He used an M-1 carbine. People give the AR-15 too much credit.

So why did the US military pick the fully auto version of the AR to be their goto combat weapon? The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability. ARs weren't even built until the M16 patent ran out.

AR-15 was the prototype to the M-16. The AR-15 didn't have a forward assist assembly and the Army wouldn't buy it. A forward assist assembly was added, the Army bought it and the AR-15 was re-designated M-16 because Army weapons have an M preceding the number. I was issued one of the first M-16s in July 1965.

The Air Force bought a shitload of Colt model 604s, that didn't have the forward assist.

I always said it was slightly modified, but still essentially the same gun.

Exactly the same in all ways pertinent to our discussion. Go back and reread what was said.

No....not exactly the same in any way pertinent to the discussion....the M-16 has full auto capability.....the AR-15 does not, that makes them two completely different rifles......you guys are lying to uninformed Americans by implying that the AR-15 fires fully automatic ........ the uninformed believe you which is why you hear so much ignorant commentary in this discussion......and that is why we don't trust you.......you know if you get the AR-15 you can then come back and say, all those other rifles shoot the same as the AR-15 so you have to let us ban those too...including semi auto pistols....

Yes.that is the modification I mentioned at the first of the conversation. The AR15 and the M16 are essentially the same when both are fired in single mode. In fact, the AR15 was select fire and had it's designation changed to the then new M16 designation when the military bought the design. The modification was made to allow non select fire sale to the public.

Nope.......you kept lying...implying that the AR-15 is the exact same rifle as the M-16 and you even keep calling the AR-15 an "Assault Rifle" even after you were told they the two rifles are completely different.

All semi auto firing weapons work the same way, including semi auto pistols and 5-6 shot revolvers.....one bullet per pull of the trigger, no manual reload.....you know this, and you kept lying....

The AR-15 is a civilian rifle that has never been used in war...the police use it...and there are 8 million AR-15s in private hands making it the single most popular rifle in the country....and calling to ban it just shows it is your gateway gun....you will use it to call for a ban on all semi auto weapons.....as the crowd at the CNN 2 minutes of hate called for in their chants...

You're Wrong. They aren't completely different. You should know that.

I don't have to. You have said the AR 15 is a "more deadly" .223. It isn't
You have said it is the same as an M 16. It isn't

Now you demonstrate that they are not the same by implying that a comparison between an M 16 and any other bargain .223 will have the M 16 come out on top

You are the one who said it as the same as ANY other .223

Yes the AR 15 is the same as any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic. I have never said the M 16 was the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic nor have I ever said the AR 15 was more deadly than any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. That was all you

You're confused.

OK Here we go

these are all your quotes in this thread

The AR and the M16 are identical other than the full auto capability.

The AR is a slightly modified clone of the M16. It's not the same as any other simi.

However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed.

It's not the same as any other simiauto.

You deny over and over again that the AR but for cosmetics is exactly the same as any other commercially available .223 Semiauto

You say it can fore faster but you cannot prove it

Now you demonstrate that they are not the same by implying that a comparison between an M 16 and any other bargain .223 will have the M 16 come out on top

Yes the AR 15 is the same as any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic. I have never said the M 16 was the same as any commercially available .223 semiautomatic nor have I ever said the AR 15 was more deadly than any other commercially available .223 semiautomatic rifle. That was all you

You're confused.

OK Here we go

The AR is a slightly modified clone of the M16. It's not the same as any other simi.

However, the fact that the AR 15 is a slightly modified clone of the military M16 assault rifle has not changed.

And?

You deny over and over again that the AR but for cosmetics is exactly the same as any other commercially available .223 Semiauto

Yes, I deny that cosmetics are the only difference.

You're confused.

OK Here we go

And?
And then you ask a question that implies that the M16 is different from any other bargain .223 on the commercial marker which includes the AR

So they either are identical or they are not

And you have yet to prove that the performance of the AR is any different than the performance of any other commercially available .223 semi auto

You're confused.

OK Here we go

And?
And then you ask a question that implies that the M16 is different from any other bargain .223 on the commercial marker which includes the AR

From the first of this conversation I have referred to the M16 and AR15 as essentially interchangeable, other than the select fire feature.

And you have yet to prove that the performance of the AR is any different than the performance of any other commercially available .223 semi auto

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

You're confused.

OK Here we go

And?

From the first of this conversation I have referred to the M16 and AR15 as essentially interchangeable, other than the select fire feature.

Until you ask the question about an M 16 vs any other "Bargain" .223.

You do realize that any AR frame rifle is included in that latter category so there is no way you can believe they are identical

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

The AR does not perform better than any other commercially available .223 and you certainly have not posted any data whatsoever that proves it does

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

The AR does not perform better than any other commercially available .223 and you certainly have not posted any data whatsoever that proves it does

Of course I have. The .223 is available in lots of different designed guns. They are not all the same silly. You haven't proven they are the same.

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

Of course I have. The .223 is available in lots of different designed guns. They are not all the same silly. You haven't proven they are the same.

They all shoot the same round at the same rate with virtually the same accuracy so yes they all perform the same I have been consistent that the only differences are cosmetic

And you have not proven otherwise

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

They all shoot the same round at the same rate with virtually the same accuracy so yes they all perform the same I have been consistent that the only differences are cosmetic

Yes, I heard that the first dozen times you said it. Still doesn't prove your point.

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

Yes, I heard that the first dozen times you said it. Still doesn't prove your point.

And you haven't proven that the AR is vastly superior than any other commercially available .223 semiauto have you?

A=B
A>C
Therefore
B>C

And you haven't proven that the AR is vastly superior than any other commercially available .223 semiauto have you?

Your claim was that it was identical.That's what started the discussion.

No your claim that the AR was identical to the M 16 started the discussion.

See Post #4

No your claim that the AR was identical to the M 16 started the discussion.

See Post #4

You mean this one? As I said. I have been claiming the auto / select fire capability was the only difference all along. You were the doofus who said all 223 rifles were the same. I as wrong about which came first though. The AR designation as changed to M16 for military use.
upload_2018-2-26_10-31-42.png

upload_2018-2-26_10-31-42.png

Forum List

Back