Stephen Crowder, Top 5 AR-15 myths...banning them is a Trojan Horse...

They all shoot the same round at the same rate with virtually the same accuracy so yes they all perform the same I have been consistent that the only differences are cosmetic

And you have not proven otherwise

Yes, I heard that the first dozen times you said it. Still doesn't prove your point.

And you haven't proven that the AR is vastly superior than any other commercially available .223 semiauto have you?

Your claim was that it was identical.That's what started the discussion.

No your claim that the AR was identical to the M 16 started the discussion.

See Post #4

You mean this one? As I said. I have been claiming the auto / select fire capability was the only difference all along. You were the doofus who said all 223 rifles were the same. I as wrong about which came first though. The AR designation as changed to M16 for military use.View attachment 179103
View attachment 179103

All .223 semiautomatic rifles are FUNCTIONALLY the same.

Yes it is true and you cannot tell me how the AR 15 is FUNCTIONALLY different from any other .223 semiautomatic rifle or you would have by now

'Assault' weapons vs. sporting weapons: What's the difference?

No you have been saying the AR 15 is exactly the same as the M 16

But now you have obviously realized your error

Exactly the same in all ways pertinent to our discussion. Go back and reread what was said.

No....not exactly the same in any way pertinent to the discussion....the M-16 has full auto capability.....the AR-15 does not, that makes them two completely different rifles......you guys are lying to uninformed Americans by implying that the AR-15 fires fully automatic ........ the uninformed believe you which is why you hear so much ignorant commentary in this discussion......and that is why we don't trust you.......you know if you get the AR-15 you can then come back and say, all those other rifles shoot the same as the AR-15 so you have to let us ban those too...including semi auto pistols....

Yes.that is the modification I mentioned at the first of the conversation. The AR15 and the M16 are essentially the same when both are fired in single mode. In fact, the AR15 was select fire and had it's designation changed to the then new M16 designation when the military bought the design. The modification was made to allow non select fire sale to the public.

Nope.......you kept lying...implying that the AR-15 is the exact same rifle as the M-16 and you even keep calling the AR-15 an "Assault Rifle" even after you were told they the two rifles are completely different.

All semi auto firing weapons work the same way, including semi auto pistols and 5-6 shot revolvers.....one bullet per pull of the trigger, no manual reload.....you know this, and you kept lying....

The AR-15 is a civilian rifle that has never been used in war...the police use it...and there are 8 million AR-15s in private hands making it the single most popular rifle in the country....and calling to ban it just shows it is your gateway gun....you will use it to call for a ban on all semi auto weapons.....as the crowd at the CNN 2 minutes of hate called for in their chants...

You're Wrong. They aren't completely different. You should know that.

One can fire fully automatic the other can't....completely different weapons....you are lying...since you were just pushing the AR-15 as "Assault Riflt" until you were called out on that lie.

No, the M-16 was picked for practical reasons. It is shorter than the M-1 by 4'' (better for going thru jungle) and lighter by 3-4 pounds. ( better for being in hot climate) plus carrying more ammo.)

Yes,those are 2 of the reasons it is a more effective killing tool than other rifles.
It is not a more effective killing tool than any other .223 semiauto

The military thinks it is.

SO I could have a semiautomatic rifle that fires a larger more powerful round like the 6.8 as this rifle does
18958598_1.jpg

and that just fine because it doesn't look like an M16

Perhaps you care to give a few specs on that gun? I'm far from an expert, but I know there are lots more reasons than caliber for why a rifle might be effective for a particular purpose.

Such as-? In that case, I recommend you go bear hunting with .22 short shotshells. :)

So people who support reasonable gun control are using the legal routs laid out for them by the constitution to bring the change that the majority of the country wants. How horrible.

Define "reasonable" gun control.

Universal background checks would be a start. Trump-0 made it easier for crazies to get guns. It would be nice to reverse that too.
Background checks didn't stop the piece of shit in FL from getting guns
Didn't stop the piece of shit in Vegas from getting guns
Didn't stop the pieces of shit in Columbine from getting guns and the federal assault weapon ban didn't prevent the Columbine shooting

Paddock bought an arsonal from multiple States thus avoiding scrutiny.

Yes, and sand can only be loaded one scoop at the time. These pictures are loading sand at the exact same rate, right?
View attachment 178841

What's loading got to do with the fact that ALL semiautomatics only fire one round per trigger pull?

To use your sandbox analogy/

Say you pour sand into a funnel that only lets one grain of sand through every time you push a button

Would that sand move though the funnel at a faster rate if the funnel was being filled with a table spoon or a gallon jug?

Come on gun nut. You know one trigger pull one fire isn't the only relevant issue. Some guns are capable of shorter time between trigger pulls than others. A real gun nut would know that.

I'd have to see a link to show that. If it is true, the time difference is miniscule, and of no practical use.

In fact, since a tiny part of the force propelling the bullet down the barrel is bled off to work the action, it has until the bullet leaves the barrel to move the bolt completely to the rear (a spring pushing it back forward). Once the bullet has left the barrel, the force of the propellant will flow to the path of least resistance (the empty tube that is the barrel).

Yes, it is a small difference, but contrary to most gun nuts claims, it is a difference. That small difference on top of so many other small differences is why the military chose that particular gun design as their favorite killing tool. Minor modification to disable multi-fire doesn't negate all the other things that makes that gun such an effective killing machine. Other than for killing people, a honest hunter, or gun user of any other kind will tell you that 30 round capability is absurd.

I have yet to see a link that shows there is a difference in time between trigger pulls. My comment was based on the "If it is true..." precursor. And saying that 0.01 seconds is enough difference is silly.

Well, you know..some rounds are slower ...

For instance .22 WMR semiauto has a slower rate of fire than .22LR.

Yes,those are 2 of the reasons it is a more effective killing tool than other rifles.

SO I could have a semiautomatic rifle that fires a larger more powerful round like the 6.8 as this rifle does
18958598_1.jpg

Perhaps you care to give a few specs on that gun? I'm far from an expert, but I know there are lots more reasons than caliber for why a rifle might be effective for a particular purpose.

Such as-? In that case, I recommend you go bear hunting with .22 short shotshells. :)

That would be kinda silly wouldn't it? I wouldn't use a 6.8 for squirrels either. You ever use a .223 for ducks? What is the effective firing rate on that gun? Bolt type? Cycle rate? I expect you will try to say that cosmetics and caliber are the only differences in any gun, like so many others here have, but we both know it just ain't so.

18958598_1.jpg

That would be kinda silly wouldn't it? I wouldn't use a 6.8 for squirrels either. You ever use a .223 for ducks? What is the effective firing rate on that gun? Bolt type? Cycle rate? I expect you will try to say that cosmetics and caliber are the only differences in any gun, like so many others here have, but we both know it just ain't so.

I bet you don't know what a 6.8 is. :)

still cant tell the truth can ya

sub group of drunk driving deaths is more then the total "motor vehicle deaths"

Feb 25, 2018 (4:27:27 PM)

Drunk Driving 5158

murder by gun 1753

Oh I see - we don't get to count the traffic fatalities not involving drunk driving?

angif-move-the-goalposts-def.gif

sure we can why not retard

then add another 20982 as Feb 26, 2018 (6:58:49 AM)

This is 2014 - old .. Graph at bottom shows projections - not sure if 2017 data is in.
Firearms deaths are up and traffic fatalities are down in past 3-4 years.

And with that? Doc Love drops the mic :)
FastStats

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,736
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6
All firearm deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,594
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.5
guns+to+surpass.png

hey stupid the numbers i have posted are real time not a yearly round up

2018 Real Time Death Statistics in America

:5_1_12024:

--LOL nice work sock --LOL

still cant tell the truth can ya

sub group of drunk driving deaths is more then the total "motor vehicle deaths"

Feb 25, 2018 (4:27:27 PM)

Drunk Driving 5158

murder by gun 1753

Oh I see - we don't get to count the traffic fatalities not involving drunk driving?

sure we can why not retard

then add another 20982 as Feb 26, 2018 (6:58:49 AM)

This is 2014 - old .. Graph at bottom shows projections - not sure if 2017 data is in.
Firearms deaths are up and traffic fatalities are down in past 3-4 years.

And with that? Doc Love drops the mic :)
FastStats

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,736
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6
All firearm deaths
  • Number of deaths: 33,594
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.5
guns+to+surpass.png

Then Dr. Love needs to pick up the mic because he isn't comparing car accidental deaths to gun accidental deaths, he is comparing gun murder and gun suicide to accidental car deaths....apples to oranges....

Because Dr. Love knows that apples to apples....accidental death to accidental death shows he is an idiot and a liar...

The actual comparison...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

2016 Accidental Death...

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

poisoning......58,335

falling.......34,673

suffocation...6,610

drowning......3,786

Gun murder.....2016

FBI....11,004

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Gun Suicide.....22,938
dr sock got his ass whooped again --LOL

18958598_1.jpg

You hunt ducks with a rifle?

Wow

18958598_1.jpg

And yet you cannot prove that the AR 15 actually fires faster or is "more deadly" than any other similarly chambered semiauto can you?

The AR does not perform better than any other commercially available .223 and you certainly have not posted any data whatsoever that proves it does

Of course I have. The .223 is available in lots of different designed guns. They are not all the same silly. You haven't proven they are the same.

They all shoot the same round at the same rate with virtually the same accuracy so yes they all perform the same I have been consistent that the only differences are cosmetic

Yes, I heard that the first dozen times you said it. Still doesn't prove your point.

And you haven't proven that the AR is vastly superior than any other commercially available .223 semiauto have you?

I said there was no difference in the FUNCTIONALITY

you say there is

So besides cosmetics what is different between the AR 15 and any other commercially available .223 semiauto rifle. Do they shoot different ammo? Does one fire more than one bullet per trigger pull, what? You say there are all these differences besides the way a .223 rifle looks so what are they?

You have yet to answer that question.

18958598_1.jpg

I'm sure you bet on a lot of stuff. Care to make a bet that cosmetics are the only thing that makes the AR15 different from any other .223 rifle? Why is the effective firing rate on an AR15 45 rpm, and the firing rate on that mini14 in the picture above in .223 caliber only 40rpm? Does that sound identical to you?

18958598_1.jpg

I'm sure you bet on a lot of stuff. Care to make a bet that cosmetics are the only thing that makes the AR15 different from any other .223 rifle? Why is the effective firing rate on an AR15 45 rpm, and the firing rate on that mini14 in the picture above in .223 caliber only 40rpm? Does that sound identical to you?

Please post links to those firing rates,

I can tell you that I can fire more than 40 rounds in one minute with a Ruger Mini 14 as can anyone else who owns one

18958598_1.jpg

Wow

That would be as dumb as the suggestion to go bear hunting with rat shot.

18958598_1.jpg

Those numbers sound kinda low, I could do 45 with an Enfield mark III, and that isn't a smooth action. (Provided I had mags)

In other news: Nobody cares. :dunno:

18958598_1.jpg

Wow

That would be as dumb as the suggestion to go bear hunting with rat shot.

And yet you ask if people use the .223 for ducks,

Why ask such stupid questions yet you can't show me the data on how an Ar 15 is functionally different from a Mini 14?

18958598_1.jpg

And yet you cannot prove that the AR 15 actually fires faster or is "more deadly" than any other similarly chambered semiauto can you?

It does have a higher effective firing rate than a mini14. If that ain't proof of a difference, what is?

Of course I have. The .223 is available in lots of different designed guns. They are not all the same silly. You haven't proven they are the same.

I said there was no difference in the FUNCTIONALITY

you say there is

So besides cosmetics what is different between the AR 15 and any other commercially available .223 semiauto rifle. Do they shoot different ammo? Does one fire more than one bullet per trigger pull, what? You say there are all these differences besides the way a .223 rifle looks so what are they?

You have yet to answer that question.

No dumbass. You said all 223 rifles fired at the exact same rate. You said there was only cosmetic differences.

18958598_1.jpg

It does have a higher effective firing rate than a mini14. If that ain't proof of a difference, what is?

Where is the DATA.

And what is an effective firing rate? That is not listed in any spec I can find so where did you get it and how is it defined

Forum List

Back