$8 Trillion Of Debt Was Not Big Enough For Trump

That is very true, but it also leads to the collapse of the US dollar, US debt keeps getting downgraded.
The US needs to start reducing the Debt or we are Venezuela North.
I have zero faith in a turn-around. The country is doomed.

I'm sorry there, prostate stretched, Congress is in charge of the purse, whether you like it or not. The president can request or even present a budget, but Congress has the final say. The SCOTUS scuttled the line item veto which would have given him some teeth, but no one really wanted that. No one wants any accountability, now there is some real deflection for you.
Junior High School civics class again?

So you are onboard with Joe Biden did not raise the debt or have anything to do with the economy and very "liddle" to do with the budget, because...

My proposals are simpler.

1) Eliminate all tax expenditures, with the possible exception of the EITC which has been proven to increase productivity.

2) Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living much longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer.

3) Cut defense spending. On this one thing I am in agreement with Trump. The rest of the West is not holding up their share of our common defense. It annoys the shit out of me how they look down their noses at us for not having the same nanny state social welfare programs they do while they depend on us to cover their asses for defense.
Eliminate all tax expenditures?

So you want to get rid of the government. I might agree with you on that one.

My proposals are simpler.

1) Eliminate all tax expenditures, with the possible exception of the EITC which has been proven to increase productivity.

2) Raise the Social Security and Medicare eligibility age to 70, and index to 9 percent of the population going forward. We are living much longer than our ancestors. We should be working longer.

3) Cut defense spending. On this one thing I am in agreement with Trump. The rest of the West is not holding up their share of our common defense. It annoys the shit out of me how they look down their noses at us for not having the same nanny state social welfare programs they do while they depend on us to cover their asses for defense.
A lot of blue collar workers have a hard time making it to 65. I'm against any raise in eligibility.

I'm sorry there, prostate stretched, Congress is in charge of the purse, whether you like it or not. The president can request or even present a budget, but Congress has the final say. The SCOTUS scuttled the line item veto which would have given him some teeth, but no one really wanted that. No one wants any accountability, now there is some real deflection for you.
Again, I never heard any right wingers making this statement while they were whining about Obama's spending.

They attributed every single penny of his $8 trillion of debt to him personally.

Turnaout is fair play.

It is very revealing they all went dead silent when Trump's spending was worse than Obama's. Trump added $8 trillion in half the time it took Obama.

I pointed out time and time again over the years how much Trump was spending, and not a single word of protest could be heard from them.

And now they have the unmitigated gall to blame it on Covid!

Trump doubled the deficit BEFORE Covid. Trump submitted a record spending budget BEFORE Covid.

The debt ceiling was SUSPENDED in 2017. With a GOP Congress. For 2 years.

Then it was raised in 2019, and then suspended again for two years in 2019.

All before Covid.

If that doesn't prove that these hypocrites were willingly deaf, dumb, and blind to what massive overspending Trump was, nothing does.

A lot of blue collar workers have a hard time making it to 65. I'm against any raise in eligibility.
When Social Security was enacted, the majority of blue collar workers didn't live to 65.

The average life expectancy was 60. Social Security was for those who beat the odds.

And I'm sorry, but the stress of blue collar work is NOTHING like it was for our ancestors a hundred years ago.

The 65 year old of today is in far better condition than a 65 year old a century ago.

The easiest stance for a federal politician to take is on lowering taxes.
The second easiest is to say they're out to sock it to the rich.

When
When Social Security was enacted, just 5.7% of the US population was over 65.

When Medicare was enacted, 9% of our population was over 65.

Today, 16% of our population is over 65.

By 2054, 23% of the population will be over 65.

Sheer mathematics makes the 65 eligibility age unsustainable.

Current population of Canada: 38 million.

Current over-65 population of the US: 62 million.

Any politician who promises they will fix it so our seniors can get their meds from Canada is a pandering idiot.

Say, OP.

The debt ending 2020 was 26.945T. That's with COVID, which you blame Trump for, but you know, you're an intellect.

Today it's 35,141T, and it hasn't been four years yet. Without COVID scare expenses.

You say Trump added 8T in 4 years. Well, nearly 10T will have been added on Xiden's watch.

Say, OP.

The debt ending 2020 was 26.945T. That's with COVID, which you blame Trump for, but you know, you're an intellect.

Today it's 35,141T, and it hasn't been four years yet. Without COVID scare expenses.

You say Trump added 8T in 4 years. Well, nearly 10T will have been added on Xiden's watch.
Here's me in Biden's first year:

Each president outspends the one before. Biden will take our debt to outer space.

So what's your point?

"We're effectively run in this country via the Democrats, via our corporate oligarchs, by a bunch of childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives and the choices that they've made." - JD Vance

Poor Flip Flopper JD. He's going to have to wash down his self respect with some racist Diet Mountain Dew again. His boss is kowtowing to the corporate oligarchs by promising them a big tax cut.

Since Trump has no idea how to cut spending, this decrease in revenues will add more to our debt, of course.

But wait, there's more!

Trump is also promising our country's geezers he will end taxes on Social Security income!

More debt!

This is blatant vote buying. Geezers are the largest Trump voting bloc. The average age of Fox News viewership is 128 years old.

I happen to know the guy running Trump's failing Truth Social platform is Deven Nunes. Nunes was a Congressman and one of Trump's biggest lickspittles in the House. He would run to Trump and spill confidential information about the House investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. For this, Trump gave Nunes the Presidential Medal of Freedom as Trump was on his way out of the White House. And then he hired Nunes to run his social media company.

But there is something Nunes said years ago which backs up everything I have ever said about tax expenditures. The man nailed it.

You should read this as many times as it takes to get it:

No tax reform without border adjustment tax, Rep. Nunes says

"If people wanted to drop the corporate rate from 35 to say 33, 32, maybe 30, we could probably do it. But if you go back to several years that we looked at doing just that, the goal was to get to 25 percent, and by the time every lobbyist, every special interest group in town, representing every major corporation in this country, the tax rate was automatically all the way back above 30 by the time you put everybody's special loophole in."

Trump lowered the corporate tax rate to 21 percent WITHOUT taking out "everybody's special loophole".

And now he wants to exacerbate the problem even more with a 15 percent corporate tax rate.

Now, before some idiot completely misunderstands me, I am 100 percent for lowering taxes, but ONLY if we also eliminate the tax expenditures which have made them so high to begin with.

Every deduction, credit, and exemption has to be offset by higher tax rates. They are theft. So if you want to lower tax rates, you have to get rid of the deductions, credits, and exemptions which drove them higher.

Nunes got it. Trump doesn't. Because he's an idiot and he doesn't care about saddling future generations with even more unsustainable debt, just to please JD's corporate oligarchs.

Trump pushes for lowering corporate tax rate to 15%

Trump Calls For Eliminating The Income Tax On Social Security Payments

That MFer spent our tax dollars like a drunken sailor and
threw our money around like he had no clue what it was...
tenor.gif

Joe Biden, agreed. Take a look at their Budgets. Who spent more?

Biden’s 2025 Budget is $7.30T with a $1.8T deficit______TOTAL BIDEN $6.9T (in theory)
Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Trump's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit___ TOTAL TRUMP $7.6T (actual)
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit

tenor.gif
What Trump figured out, and what every modern president has figured out, is that government spending is a great way to artificially juice our GDP numbers.

If you don't know how to grow an economy the right way, and Trump certainly hasn't a clue, then you spend. And spend. And spend. And spend some more.

Every voter has their hand out.

The new American motto is, 'Gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it.'

Joe Biden, agreed. Take a look at their Budgets. Who spent more?

Biden’s 2025 Budget is $7.30T with a $1.8T deficit______TOTAL BIDEN $6.9T (in theory)
Biden’s 2024 Budget was $7.30T with a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Trump's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit___ TOTAL TRUMP $7.6T (actual)
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $4.40T with a $0.9T deficit
I am 100 percent fully confident Trump would add more to the debt than Biden, and in half the time.

Hasn't Trump crowned himself The King of Debt?

Trump: ‘I’m the king of debt’​

Would you have rather had Americans suffer as states began closing down their economies during the over-exaggerated pandemic?

Would you have rather had Americans suffer as states began closing down their economies during the over-exaggerated pandemic?
Trump was doubling the deficit and adding trillions to the debt long before Covid.

Were you deaf, dumb, and blind all that time?

Of course you were. Because you are a partisan hack.

Forum List

Back