🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Steroids Ghost-Story: Bane/Leatherface/Brady

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
The use of dangerous/illegal performance-enhancing steroids by professional athletes is a malignancy in the modern world of media-marketing gauged sports-culture which has even been portrayed in popular films (e.g., Varsity Blues, The Program).

That's why the American College of Sports Medicine is studying the physical (and psychological!) impact of steroids more closely.

Commerce and capitalism can make competitive-sports seem like a gladiatorial ego-match of pirates trying to grab merchandise endorsements and media-celebrity. That's what worries so many society critics and even sports-writers(!).

The NFL titan QB Tom Brady is arguably the ultimate 'media celebrity' in the world of professional American sports, having helped his team (the very successful New England Patriots) win a whopping 5 Vince Lombardi trophies in the new millennium(!). Everyone was shocked when the mighty Patriots fell to the underdog Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl 52 [2018] since the Eagles were handicapped and playing with their backup-QB Nick Foles!

Tom Brady has been lauded incredibly by sports-fans and writers and ad-executives, which is why people think of Brady when they think of ultimate modern-era sports-media culture successes/glories.

If you're an NFL rookie and NOT Tom Brady, you might feel unusual social pressure to take performance-enhancing steroids to help you shine in the media spotlight (just like Brady).

Americans love folk-stories about culture and social ethics and daydreams about capitalism achievements. Americans love comic book characters like Captain American (Marvel Comics) and Iron Man (Marvel Comics) who embody folk-fantasies about shining in a theoretically meritocracy-based 'system' and showcasing their awesome strength/skill.

The American comic book superhero Batman (DC Comics) is a brooding masked urban vigilante who tackles the criminally insane in a fictional place called Gotham City which is seething with all kinds of commerce-related corruption and traffic terrorism.

Batman's nemesis Bane (a chemically-enhanced maniacal 'super-brute') represents all the ghoulish 'evil might' of the insane villains of Gotham. Many think Bane represents the dangers of steroids-use in the real world, which is why you might hear a sports-joke comparing a professional athlete (accused of using illegal steroids) such as Mark McGwire with Bane(!).

If we discover for some terrible reason that Tom Brady has used such steroids, we might hear sports-writers jokingly compare the titan to Bane, but is this really a 'joke' or a modern-era capitalism-related 'spook-story' of Biblical proportions?

Here's a vignette comparing Bane to Leatherface (fictional chainsaw-wielding cannibal from the iconic Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror-film franchise) who represents anti-social paranoia amidst a Tom Brady steroids-controversy in the press.

God bless America!

eagle.jpg

====

"Tom Brady, winner of 5 Super Bowls since 2000, is now accused of using illegal performance-enhancing steroids to improve the strength and control of his mighty throwing-arm! The press believes this will rock the NFL completely, since Brady is really the media-darling of the new millennium. Brady has stated in response that he is a true American and fan of the respectable NFL and has no intention of ruining his career and is even a huge fan of Captain America (Marvel Comics)!"

d18.jpg

"Of course, the unforgiving media will not be so kind to the mighty New England Patriots QB. Brady's coach Belichick has stated he will stand by his superstar-QB and in the event that these accusations reveal any truth, he will still stand by his hard-working American fan-favorite QB! Sports-writers are wondering why Brady stated he's a big fan of Captain America (Marvel Comics). Does Brady have something dark or unusual (a strange secret) he's trying to hide? How would he have been lured into the ugly world of illegal steroids-use?"

d16.jpg

BRADY: I hope to clear my name here...
INTERVIEWER: You look nervous!
BRADY: I explained before I'm an advocate of honesty.
INTERVIEWER: You mentioned you're a fan of Captain America (Marvel Comics).
BRADY: Who isn't?
INTERVIEWER: Have you heard of Batman (DC Comics)?
BRADY: Sure! There're a ton of popular Batman films out there --- Batman Begins.
INTERVIEWER: Do you know who Bane is?
BRADY: I believe Bane is a nemesis of Batman, correct?
INTERVIEWER: That's right. Bane's a chemically-enhanced super-brute.
BRADY: So, Bane's some kind of brutish maniac?
INTERVIEWER: Correct. Bane represents steroids-use to many comic book fans.
BRADY: I can understand that; his chemically-enhanced strength is symbolic!
INTERVIEWER: Precisely. You mentioned you love Captain America.
BRADY: Right. So what're you asking? Do I like Bane?
INTERVIEWER: Well, do you think fans/critics will compare you to Bane?
BRADY: Only if these allegations have any merit...
INTERVIEWER: That would devastate your shining career.
BRADY: It surely would; the media-age is marked by peer-pressure gauged celebrity.
INTERVIEWER: Do you think that's a bad thing?
BRADY: You can't change capitalism, but perhaps we can be 'media diplomats.'
INTERVIEWER: You replaced Patriots QB Drew Bledsoe...maybe you felt 'pressure.'
BRADY: Bledsoe was truly-gifted, but Coach Belichick reared me as my own man!
INTERVIEWER: Coach Belichick favors you, so hopefully these allegations are garbage.
BRADY: I think in time fans/critics will realize I'm no monster (like Bane!).
INTERVIEWER: I hope so too; comic book writers have compared Bane to Leatherface!
BRADY: Wow. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a shocking film-series. I'm no freak.
INTERVIEWER: Let's hope 'capitalism' saves you from 'broadcasted ruin.'
BRADY: God bless America...

====

{Leatherface/Bane}

d17.jpg

Forum List

Back