stimulus

deplorable1

Dec 28, 2020
how many of us make an average of $75000 combined income.$2000 per person will be helpfull but do we realy need to include 1.2 billion to the Egiptian army and 10 mil to pakistan for gender education. Thats just 2 examples of a 5000 page plan. realy! bring back the line item veto and term limits. This crap has nothing to do with covid 19. We have to get rid of these clowns that come up with these plans.This now goes to the senate. ? are they allowed to line item veto. god save us all.

FYI: they combined the COVID Relief Bill with the Govt Spending Bill. The money to Egypt and Pakistan wasn't part of the COVID Bill, it was part of the other one, the House threw that shit in there, no doubt because it helped their democrat members back home.

The line item veto was shot down by the SCOTUS as unconstitutional. The Senate Republicans can refuse to pass the new bill if those items are in there, but that's not really a line item veto though. But I doubt the Senate GOP will pass that increase in stimulus checks anyway.

Last edited:
When did we ever have a line item veto for the president?
I think we had it in 1974 and in 1996 the supreme court declared it unconstitutional.
The US feds have never had the line item veto, it was an idea pushed but never materialized.

~~~~~~
"The Line Item Veto Act allowed the president to “amend” legislation, which was an assault on the powers given to Congress under Article I. “[T]his act gives the president the unilateral power to change the text of duly enacted statutes,”
That allows the Congress to pass political legislation contrary to National Security, Economy and Safety of the people.

When did we ever have a line item veto for the president?
I think we had it in 1974 and in 1996 the supreme court declared it unconstitutional.
The US feds have never had the line item veto, it was an idea pushed but never materialized.

~~~~~~
"The Line Item Veto Act allowed the president to “amend” legislation, which was an assault on the powers given to Congress under Article I. “[T]his act gives the president the unilateral power to change the text of duly enacted statutes,”
That allows the Congress to pass political legislation contrary to National Security, Economy and Safety of the people.
I am well aware what it is yet the Supreme Court ruled it as unconstitutional and it was dropped. Thus the US President has never used a line item veto.

The fact we are sending foreign aid while going even further into debt is fucking pure insanity.
600 or even 2000 doesn't replace the damage already done to individuals and businesses in the rush to shut down.
Everything about the legislation stinks to high hell.
It's time to start learning Mandarin at the path America is on.

Forum List

Back