Stop moochin off of tax payers, Gov. hatin Louisiana and buy flood insurance!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
90 billion dollars worth of damage and only 15% of them gov. hating rich white fucks have flood insurance???? Welfare at its best!!

90 billion dollars worth of damage and only 15% of them gov. hating rich white fucks have flood insurance???? Welfare at its best!!

I think it was after Katrina people were told they had to be able to prove that it was the water and not the wind that destroyed their homes in order to be able to collect on that flood insurance.

I think it was after Katrina people were told they had to be able to prove that it was the water and not the wind that destroyed their homes in order to be able to collect on that flood insurance.
Because of the cost loss vs pay-in to insurers they will look for any excuse not to pay.

Because of the cost loss vs pay-in to insurers they will look for any excuse not to pay.

They were trying to pass the buck because they were losing their shirts--the homeowners insurance would say nope it was rain so flood insurance would have to pay and the flood insurer would say it was wind so the homeowners coverage would have to pay.

If you are going to live in a place that is prone to flooding then you should have to bear the responsibility of the cost when it happens

• Banned
If you are going to live in a place that is prone to flooding then you should have to bear the responsibility of the cost when it happens
Taz, I am so fed up with states that border on desaster areas expecting tax payers to foot the bill every time a global warming event occurs. Ca. is another state that goes through this shit every year. Flood insur. should have been a mandatory mandate for all residents of Louisiana. Fed. flood insurance is very inexpensive and its fucked up that these people lacked it. Let em deal with the shit and learn the lesson.

• Banned

They were trying to pass the buck because they were losing their shirts--the homeowners insurance would say nope it was rain so flood insurance would have to pay and the flood insurer would say it was wind so the homeowners coverage would have to pay.
The fed. gov. has flood insurance.

All insurance carriers are a racket......something congress should have investigated ions ago.

Look up the federal flood insurance then get back to me.

All insurance carriers are a racket......something congress should have investigated ions ago.

Maybe. I certainly cannot figure out my sister pays the same rate for her car insurance as I do when her car is worth 20 times as much

My guess is that it would still be cheaper to go to a private company.

Not really, if you read the Wiki article you'd understand, lots of private insurers will only cover the wealthy.

Not really, if you read the Wiki article you'd understand, lots of private insurers will only cover the wealthy.

I did not look at Wiki. The FEMA site, however, list 74 different private providers including Allstate. I guess much would depend on what you consider "wealthy". Flood insurance is not cheap like it once was. For my house it would be about 3 times as much as my homeowners per year. Fortunately I don't need it.

Very simply, we are going to see more flooding events like this. In the areas where we expect it, we need to have building codes that reflect that fact. And flood insurance should be part of the yearly property tax. That way, all would have it. Yes, it would increase the cost of housing. However, as these events become more common, the cost is going to have to be borne by all, or the people that live in those areas are going to have to be satisfied to live in disposable shacks.

Very simply, we are going to see more flooding events like this. In the areas where we expect it, we need to have building codes that reflect that fact. And flood insurance should be part of the yearly property tax. That way, all would have it. Yes, it would increase the cost of housing. However, as these events become more common, the cost is going to have to be borne by all, or the people that live in those areas are going to have to be satisfied to live in disposable shacks.

"More common"? How do you arrive at that conclusion? You mean like the rise in hurricanes? (That was sarcasm, btw).

Really? So, if you owned a bank in the business of making homeowner loans, would you or would you not require those homes to be insured? You think your customers will continue to make their payments after the home burns down?

Good luck.

Forum List

Back