Stop moochin off of tax payers, Gov. hatin Louisiana and buy flood insurance!!

Very simply. The atmosphere at higher temperatures will hold more water. And that water will come out as rain in 10 days or less. 18 extreme precipitation event in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi between Jan15 and the present. Worldwide we are seeing the same pattern.

Very simply, we are going to see more flooding events like this. In the areas where we expect it, we need to have building codes that reflect that fact. And flood insurance should be part of the yearly property tax. That way, all would have it. Yes, it would increase the cost of housing. However, as these events become more common, the cost is going to have to be borne by all, or the people that live in those areas are going to have to be satisfied to live in disposable shacks.
Bullshit. I live 60+ miles from the ocean and about 100' higher than the nearest body of water. I need flood insurance like I need a second appendix.

If you are going to live in a place that is prone to flooding then you should have to bear the responsibility of the cost when it happens
Taz, I am so fed up with states that border on desaster areas expecting tax payers to foot the bill every time a global warming event occurs. Ca. is another state that goes through this shit every year. Flood insur. should have been a mandatory mandate for all residents of Louisiana. Fed. flood insurance is very inexpensive and its fucked up that these people lacked it. Let em deal with the shit and learn the lesson.
here it is

Flood Insurance Policy Rates | FloodSmart.gov

90 billion dollars worth of damage and only 15% of them gov. hating rich white fucks have flood insurance???? Welfare at its best!!

Gov relief aid should be dropped. If you choose to live in a high risk area then you should accept that risk and either mitigate it with insurance or self insure.

And before anyone says that I don't understand and never live in an area like this..... I live In south Florida and I'm not far from the coast so if a hurricane hits I will be washed out.

Very simply. The atmosphere at higher temperatures will hold more water. And that water will come out as rain in 10 days or less. 18 extreme precipitation event in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Mississippi between Jan15 and the present. Worldwide we are seeing the same pattern.[/QUOTE still pushing that bull shit,hot air can not hold more water,go back to 9th grade and earth science class.
Hot air is less dense,this might help you,but then might not.

If you are going to live in a place that is prone to flooding then you should have to bear the responsibility of the cost when it happens

Not to wake you abruptly or anything, but this is a flood of epic proportions. The government updates flood maps every few years. IF you are buying a home in a flood-prone area, you must buy flood insurance in order to obtain financing.

In this case, thousands of homes flooded which were not in flood prone areas and there would be no reason to incur the additional cost.

With thousands of people who have lost everything, through no fault of their own, your behavior is despicable.

Very simply, we are going to see more flooding events like this. In the areas where we expect it, we need to have building codes that reflect that fact. And flood insurance should be part of the yearly property tax. That way, all would have it. Yes, it would increase the cost of housing. However, as these events become more common, the cost is going to have to be borne by all, or the people that live in those areas are going to have to be satisfied to live in disposable shacks.

Why should I be forced into buying something for which I have no need? Folks who live in "those areas" merely have to build their houses on pilings.

Forum List

Back