Stop Walmart Act

They should make the same. Both are providing a service to their employer.

With differing levels of skill and profit potentials. The employee applies for the job, employers pick the best candidates. Interesting you are unable to value experience into your false statement.

The cook provides direct profit, unless there is some type of marketing, the CSR is necessary overhead.

With differing levels of skill and profit potentials. The employee applies for the job, employers pick the best candidates. Interesting you are unable to value experience into your false statement.

The cook provides direct profit, unless there is some type of marketing, the CSR is necessary overhead.

Who cooks at Starbucks? Do they bring their own coffee beans to work? :lol:

No one. Their crap is prepackaged and fraudulently placed in glass cases as “ fresh” baked goods. :)

That legislation would be unconstitutional on its face.

Make your point.

He did. Perhaps you should educate yourself on why.

How is this unconstitutional?

I expect my debate opponents to come here with a working knowledge of the topic. Educate yourself.

Educate all of us. How is this unconstitutional?

Because it’s discriminatory, no different than passing a law that you and only you have to pay a tax.

Bullshit. Amazon just raised their minimum to $15.00. Chick-fil-A is paying a minimum of $17.00. My companies pay a minimum of $23.50. All three are doing very well.

You really need to back-off the Putin concept of companies can't afford to pay their employees a living wage.
And yet the liberal masses that suck Starbucks ass have no problem with employees pay only being $ 9.43 per hour. Go figure.

Because what Walmart does is followed by everyone else.
I don’t see you liberals out picketing in front of Starbuck’s demanding better wages or boycotting their crap coffee.

The issue is Walmart. Please stay on topic.
Why are you holding Walmart to a standard you don’t hold Starbuck’s to?

Starbucks is holding a massive stock buy-back program?

Who is supporting you? Taxpayers?
Myself...I'm a freelance private contractor.

Do you work for the Russians?
propertyLine.jpg

Bullshit. Amazon just raised their minimum to $15.00. Chick-fil-A is paying a minimum of $17.00. My companies pay a minimum of $23.50. All three are doing very well.

You really need to back-off the Putin concept of companies can't afford to pay their employees a living wage.
And yet the liberal masses that suck Starbucks ass have no problem with employees pay only being $ 9.43 per hour. Go figure.

I don’t see you liberals out picketing in front of Starbuck’s demanding better wages or boycotting their crap coffee.

Actually its the Walmart Act, which covers all large and medium size corporations. YOU choose to ignore that.

Why is it called The Walmart Act?

Why are you holding Walmart to a standard you don’t hold Starbuck’s to?

Starbucks is holding a massive stock buy-back program?

$20,000,000,000 worth.

Starbucks Accelerates Buybacks, Targets $20 Billion Cash Returns

Basically, what these leftists are saying is that Walmart should transfer its profits to its workers.

Starbucks in Russia don't have food?

In your opinion it's OK for a companies employees to be a tax burden as long as the company enjoys their net profit?

walmart-tax-flyer-back.png

I love that bullshit claim.
If WalMart fired every employee who collected "public assistance funding" would taxpayers spend more or less on "public assistance funding"?

You are looking at it wrong and you had it right with your first response. If the government eliminated that assistance Walmart would pay more. The best option is to tax Walmart the amount of any public assistance collected by their employees. Then Walmart would simply boost the pay because believe me, they can more than afford it. I have seen the numbers from inside. As it is, that government assistance is merely subsidizing Walmart's profits and half of those profits go to the Walmart family.

You are looking at it wrong and you had it right with your first response.

I'm looking at it correctly in both responses.

The best option is to tax Walmart the amount of any public assistance collected by their employees.

Why?

As it is, that government assistance is merely subsidizing Walmart's profits

You're looking at it wrong. WalMart is subsidizing public assistance.
Taxpayers would spend a lot more on assistance if WalMart didn't employ so many people.

Equivalent to a Walmart tariff that consumers will ultimately pay. You know, those middle class and poor customers?

Make an argument that Walmart can't afford to raise pay and buy-back stock while never touching their prices.

Make an argument that Walmart can't afford to raise pay

Create your own WalMart, pay as much as you'd like.
Let me know when your IPO is ready.

That's not an argument, that's bloviating.

You make it sound easy to create a WalMart and pay an arbitrary wage.
Is it?

That legislation would be unconstitutional on its face.

Make your point.

He did. Perhaps you should educate yourself on why.

How is this unconstitutional?

It’s targeting a single company.

A company that took government subsidy can't be held to a higher standard?

Irrelevant.

What subsidy did they take?

Forum List

Back