Stop Walmart Act

The years 2013 to 2015 were during the BushCo economic crash recovery. Much different today.

The issue is Walmart, NOT one-size-fits-all.

Did you bother to read your own article idiot? This applies to all big to medium size corporations. Not just Walmart. :lol:

My issue is Walmart. But the fact remains that there aren't any companies that can't afford to pay a $15.00 an hour minimum wage.

You're lying.

Make your point.

He did. Perhaps you should educate yourself on why.

How is this unconstitutional?

I expect my debate opponents to come here with a working knowledge of the topic. Educate yourself.

Educate all of us. How is this unconstitutional?

Because it’s discriminatory, no different than passing a law that you and only you have to pay a tax.

Doesn't the act cover all large and medium size businesses?

And yet the liberal masses that suck Starbucks ass have no problem with employees pay only being $ 9.43 per hour. Go figure.

Because what Walmart does is followed by everyone else.
I don’t see you liberals out picketing in front of Starbuck’s demanding better wages or boycotting their crap coffee.

The issue is Walmart. Please stay on topic.
Why are you holding Walmart to a standard you don’t hold Starbuck’s to?

Starbucks is holding a massive stock buy-back program?

Starbucks increases dividend and share buyback program to return $10 billion more to investors by 2020

Starbucks increases dividend and share buyback program to return $10 billion more to investors by 2020

That legislation would be unconstitutional on its face.

Make your point.

It’s targeting a single company.

A company that took government subsidy can't be held to a higher standard?

Walmart isn't taking the subsidies that are sent to workers.
Haven't you been paying attention?

I expect my debate opponents to come here with a working knowledge of the topic. Educate yourself.

Educate all of us. How is this unconstitutional?

Because it’s discriminatory, no different than passing a law that you and only you have to pay a tax.

Doesn't the act cover all large and medium size businesses?

A law covering a size of business would be constitutional. A law singling out Walmart would not.

Because what Walmart does is followed by everyone else.
I don’t see you liberals out picketing in front of Starbuck’s demanding better wages or boycotting their crap coffee.

The issue is Walmart. Please stay on topic.
Why are you holding Walmart to a standard you don’t hold Starbuck’s to?

$20,000,000,000 worth.

Starbucks Accelerates Buybacks, Targets $20 Billion Cash Returns

Basically, what these leftists are saying is that Walmart should transfer its profits to its workers.

Doesn't the act also include Starbucks?

Equivalent to a Walmart tariff that consumers will ultimately pay. You know, those middle class and poor customers?

Make an argument that Walmart can't afford to raise pay and buy-back stock while never touching their prices.

Make an argument that Walmart can't afford to raise pay

Create your own WalMart, pay as much as you'd like.
Let me know when your IPO is ready.

That's not an argument, that's bloviating.

You make it sound easy to create a WalMart and pay an arbitrary wage.
Is it?

Make an argument that Walmart can't afford to raise pay and buy-back stock while never touching their prices.

The years 2013 to 2015 were during the BushCo economic crash recovery. Much different today.

Did you bother to read your own article idiot? This applies to all big to medium size corporations. Not just Walmart. :lol:

My issue is Walmart. But the fact remains that there aren't any companies that can't afford to pay a $15.00 an hour minimum wage.

You're lying.

Prove it.

It’s targeting a single company.

Irrelevant.

What subsidy did they take?

You're kidding I hope.

They don’t “take” a subsidy.

The government passes laws to transfer money from high income earners to low income earners.

It has nothing to do with Walmart.

The issue is stock manipulation, $4 trillion since 2009.

$4 trillion hasn’t been returned to shareholders. Sorry.

Do the math.

buybacks.png

You're lying.

Prove it.

A lot of business where I live would either go under or fire staff if they had to pay $15 an hour.

The issue is stock manipulation, $4 trillion since 2009.

$4 trillion hasn’t been returned to shareholders. Sorry.

Do the math.

buybacks.png

I thought you were referencing Walmart.

If the government passed a law making buybacks prohibitively expensive like in that bill, companies would stop buying back stock and start paying their cash out in dividends. They wouldn’t increase the pay of their employees.

The reason why is because what shareholders want is cash returned to them. Right now, it’s more tax efficient to return cash via buybacks than dividends. But if you made it more tax efficient to return cash via dividends by raising taxes on buybacks, companies will just increase dividends.

Forum List

Back