ST's BP Rantings

LL doesn't expect to be alive when we run out of fuel

Just like when the rightwingers collect social security and use medicare while spitting on the very same, they're only worried about themselves- the next generation can go fuck themselves. That's the real reason Reagan didn't care about deficits.

Offering to throw small change at someone whose livelihood you just destroyed does not constitute "accepting responsibility". It actually the complete opposite.

Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.
I don't think that anyone is suggesting that this was a plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. It WAS an accident. No doubt. But their lack of foresight and willingness to forego relatively inexpensive safety measures in order to maximize THEIR bottom line made that accident infinitely worse. If this ends up destroying BP and they have to give every last dime of their corporate assets in order to fix this mess, so be it. I actually kind of hope this DOES ruin that company and sends a message to all the other oil companies to get their shit together. pronto.

This $500k valve that MAY or MAY NOT have prevented the ACCIDENT is, I assume, what you refer to. No one knows whether the damned valve would have stopped it, even the fucking experts didn't know.

Stop fucking whining about BP. Yea, I'm sorry for those who are losing their livelihoods and I have no doubt that they will be compensated... Just bear in mind the 29,000 that would be without their jobs if BP were not the company it is, also bear in mind the billions invested in the US by BP.

The hysteria about shit before you even have all the facts is kind of stupid.

So you've decided to get offended, because someone else recieved an offer to settle out of court?

Am I the only one who thinks that is one of the stupidest things ever? If the people take the settlement, it's their choice. Maybe it will be a good deal for them. Maybe they can use the 5000 to get a change of career like they've always wanted. Maybe their life hasn't been completely destroyed.

How can giving them a choice be offensive to you?

They don't thave to accept it. They have a choice. I wouldn't be insulted if they offered me the choice. Id turn it down and be looking for more, but I wouldn't be mad that they are offering to take responsibility.

Accidents happen. BP isn't evil.

We will not run out of oil.

How certain are you of this?

Would you say you are more or less certain than BP was when it said deep water drilling is safe?

And please explain how its possible that an Earth of finite size can have an infinite amount of oil in it.

I've very certain. And I doubt BP ever said that deep water drilling was or is safe. If they told you that, then they lied, if you believed them, then you're an idiot.

You're assuming 30-40 years from now we will still be relying heavily on oil. With nuclear, coal, bio-fuels, wind, solar and other alternative sources coming into play I would guess that the more these other technologies become viable, the less we'll be dependent on oil.

do you guys even know what a settlement is? a settlement is virtually always a compromise by BOTH parties. if you want to settle/compromise for 5K now, instead of waiting for possible future monies, what is wrong with that? i have no doubt the letters inform them to seek independent counsel....you guys want to take choices away from people, this is how things should work and it actually streamlines the justice system.

No doubt they'll be paying substantial sums in compensation in years to come. I fail to see what the hysteria is about - other than left wing hatred of business.

Wow. Just wow. You clearly have no clue what this thread is even about.

I fail to see how being pro-fisherman makes me anti-business. You do realize that commercial fisherman have businesses, too, right? Or do they just not count because they aren't big enough to destroy entire coastlines?

I get it. I just don't have any actual evidence that BP is doing anything underhand. When that actual, factual, hard evidence is provided - and I don't mean some fucking morons on tv - then I'll be concerned about the way BP are operating. Until then, I see no reason to have a hissy fit about the company, it's BP or the British.

What about tractor trailor rigs? Pickup trucks? Trains? Buses? Airplanes? All these gonna run on a battery that hasn't been invented yet?

Seems like if you ended fossil fuel technology, you'd have even more bigger problems.

Face the fact that fossil fuel has been the most effective form of fuel for mobilizing the world.

Bloom Boxes for all large machinery. Bloom boxes use 1/2 as much fuel, and can use multiple sources, not just petroleum products.

The few remaining products that "ABSOLUTELY MUST" use oil will use such a relatively small amount of it that we will never need to do deep sea drilling again.

We will not run out of oil.

How certain are you of this?

Would you say you are more or less certain than BP was when it said deep water drilling is safe?

And please explain how its possible that an Earth of finite size can have an infinite amount of oil in it.

I've very certain. And I doubt BP ever said that deep water drilling was or is safe. If they told you that, then they lied, if you believed them, then you're an idiot.

You're assuming 30-40 years from now we will still be relying heavily on oil. With nuclear, coal, bio-fuels, wind, solar and other alternative sources coming into play I would guess that the more these other technologies become viable, the less we'll be dependent on oil.

So in other words - we won't run out of oil, because we're going to stop using it.

Tell me, do you think we should just wait till we're almost out to develop new technologies?

. Yea, I'm sorry for those who are losing their livelihoods...

Uhh, no you aren't.

... and I have no doubt that they will be compensated...
What the heck are you, BP's attorney? Exxon tied up litigation with the Alaska fishermen fucked for 20 years. Why do you think BP would be any different?

Just bear in mind the 29,000 that would be without their jobs if BP were not the company it is, also bear in mind the billions invested in the US by BP.

Why do you assume they'd not be able to find work without BP?

So you've decided to get offended, because someone else recieved an offer to settle out of court?

Yes. BP is offensive.
Am I the only one who thinks that is one of the stupidest things ever? If the people take the settlement, it's their choice. Maybe it will be a good deal for them. Maybe they can use the 5000 to get a change of career like they've always wanted. Maybe their life hasn't been completely destroyed.

You aren't. Cali Girl shares your utter lack of moral grounding.

What alternative fuel source do you have to replace fossil fuels?

We can start with all the petroleum engineers. They're full of so many fat lies they will probably burn for decades.

BTW, what's your plan for when oil runs out?

I'd like to see how far you get with a petroleum engineer in your fuel tank.

We will not run out of oil. I've been hearing that same BS my entire life, in the 80's they said we'd run out of oil in 15 years. Well we didn't.

"Estimates of the world's oil reserves have risen faster than production."

Oil is a nonrenewable resource. Every gallon of petroleum burned today is unavailable for use by future generations. Over the past 150 years, geologists and other scientists often have predicted that our oil reserves would run dry within a few years. When oil prices rise for an extended period, the news media fill with dire warnings that a crisis is upon us. Environmentalists argue that governments must develop new energy technologies that do not rely on fossil fuels. The facts contradict these harbingers of doom:

•World oil production continued to increase through the end of the 20th century.
•Prices of gasoline and other petroleum products, adjusted for inflation, are lower than they have been for most of the last 150 years.
•Estimates of the world's total endowment of oil have increased faster than oil has been taken from the ground.

How is this possible? We have not run out of oil because new technologies increase the amount of recoverable oil, and market prices - which signal scarcity - encourage new exploration and development. Rather than ending, the Oil Age has barely begun.

Are We Running Out of Oil? | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA

Then WHY has the price of oil risen so much if it is not in danger of being used up LL...if its supply is not in risk of being used up?

If oil were plentiful, then prices for it would not be so outrageous, you would think?

Unless, there is plenty of future oil, but it is NOT EASILY HAD.....or Cheaply Had.....it is going to get more and more expensive, with th newer, costly means of extraction?

And THIS could be AS DETRIMENTAL to business and people, as running out....?

Care

How is accepting responsibility and offering a settlement to avoid law school make them scum or insult them in any way?

Offering to throw small change at someone whose livelihood you just destroyed does not constitute "accepting responsibility". It actually the complete opposite.

Yea, it's a devious and cunning plan by the Brits to destroy the USA. Grow the fuck up. It was an accident. Accidents happen. You're pathetic.

Pay attention. Your posts are getting worse. Have you ever heard of car insurance? Is it possible that exists due to accidents? Is it possible liability exists even when it is an accident?

do you guys even know what a settlement is? a settlement is virtually always a compromise by BOTH parties. if you want to settle/compromise for 5K now, instead of waiting for possible future monies, what is wrong with that? i have no doubt the letters inform them to seek independent counsel.
What factual evidence causes you to have no doubt?

you guys want to take choices away from people, this is how things should work and it actually streamlines the justice system.

Bitch to Alabama's ultra right wing conservative attorney general about it.

And you know what would solve this problem?

Alternative fuel sources, and environmental legislations

Now, who was it that has been promoting these?

Must have been Sarah Palin and the Tea Party...

...God, that Al Gore is such a "whack job", right?

Drill baby Drill, til you spill, baby spill!

Take the subway off a short pier dimwit.

Yes. BP is offensive.

What does morality have to do with being offended? Only a fool is offended when no offense is meant. and only an even bigger fool is offended when offense is meant.

So how does BP offering a settlement agreement immoral?

No doubt they'll be paying substantial sums in compensation in years to come. I fail to see what the hysteria is about - other than left wing hatred of business.

Wow. Just wow. You clearly have no clue what this thread is even about.

I fail to see how being pro-fisherman makes me anti-business. You do realize that commercial fisherman have businesses, too, right? Or do they just not count because they aren't big enough to destroy entire coastlines?

I get it. I just don't have any actual evidence that BP is doing anything underhand. When that actual, factual, hard evidence is provided - and I don't mean some fucking morons on tv - then I'll be concerned about the way BP are operating.

Its not because the evidence isn't there, its because you lack the basic morals to realize its there.

Until then, I see no reason to have a hissy fit about the company, it's BP or the British.

of course you don't, this isn't your problem. Its not going to take jobs from your home town or wreck the industry where you live - so why would you give a fuck?

We can start with all the petroleum engineers. They're full of so many fat lies they will probably burn for decades.

BTW, what's your plan for when oil runs out?

I'd like to see how far you get with a petroleum engineer in your fuel tank.

We will not run out of oil. I've been hearing that same BS my entire life, in the 80's they said we'd run out of oil in 15 years. Well we didn't.

"Estimates of the world's oil reserves have risen faster than production."

Oil is a nonrenewable resource. Every gallon of petroleum burned today is unavailable for use by future generations. Over the past 150 years, geologists and other scientists often have predicted that our oil reserves would run dry within a few years. When oil prices rise for an extended period, the news media fill with dire warnings that a crisis is upon us. Environmentalists argue that governments must develop new energy technologies that do not rely on fossil fuels. The facts contradict these harbingers of doom:

•World oil production continued to increase through the end of the 20th century.
•Prices of gasoline and other petroleum products, adjusted for inflation, are lower than they have been for most of the last 150 years.
•Estimates of the world's total endowment of oil have increased faster than oil has been taken from the ground.

How is this possible? We have not run out of oil because new technologies increase the amount of recoverable oil, and market prices - which signal scarcity - encourage new exploration and development. Rather than ending, the Oil Age has barely begun.

Are We Running Out of Oil? | Publications | National Center for Policy Analysis | NCPA

Then WHY has the price of oil risen so much if it is not in danger of being used up LL...if its supply is not in risk of being used up?

If oil were plentiful, then prices for it would not be so outrageous, you would think?

Unless, there is plenty of future oil, but it is NOT EASILY HAD.....or Cheaply Had.....it is going to get more and more expensive, with th newer, costly means of extraction?

And THIS could be AS DETRIMENTAL to business and people, as running out....?

Care

As other countries industrialize, the demand is much greater than it was 20 or more years ago, that's why the prices go up. We also haven't been allowed to build refineries in this country for about 30 years, so if the demand goes up, but the process of refining the oil remains the same, it causes a shortage and prices go up. It's not so much the oil supply, but the supply of oil refined into usable fuels.

Yes. BP is offensive.

What does morality have to do with being offended? Only a fool is offended when no offense is meant. and only an even bigger fool is offended when offense is meant.

So how does BP offering a settlement agreement immoral?

You have no morals or values. I'm not going to discuss something that has to do with morals and values with someone who has none.

do you guys even know what a settlement is? a settlement is virtually always a compromise by BOTH parties. if you want to settle/compromise for 5K now, instead of waiting for possible future monies, what is wrong with that? i have no doubt the letters inform them to seek independent counsel.
What factual evidence causes you to have no doubt?

you guys want to take choices away from people, this is how things should work and it actually streamlines the justice system.

Bitch to Alabama's ultra right wing conservative attorney general about it.

I would assume it's his first hand knowledge on how legal agreements area made and entered into. I highly doubt, as im sure Yurt would agree, that BPs attorneys would be stupid enough not to tell them to talk to independent counsel.

Forum List

Back