ST's BP Rantings

Halliburton is on record with telling BP their method did not meet their practices, but halliburton did go ahead finally, and agreed to go along with BP...they still SHOULD HAVE stuck to their guns...and not agree to it.

And if MMS is not filled with a bunch of kiss ass lackeys...I don't know who is.... :(

They are all to blame and will try to wriggle out of it any way they can

Both Halliburton and TransOcean are trying quite hard to wiggle off the hook. So is the current Administration.... only BP is manning up.... and only BP is getting slammed. Weird.

Halburton is trying to "get off the hook" by having issued warning to BP BEFORE the rig blew up? That's not "getting off the hook" - that's what you're supposed to do.

Seriously how much BP stock do you hold?

Seriously, not that it's your business, but none. I've already answered this question several times.... Do you have a head injury that causes memory loss?

This is the same Haliburton that Amerians have slammed year in and year out, right? So, now all of a sudden, they're the good guys - is that because they are an American company?

there was no one person BP put in charge of everyone they had subcontracted...it was chaos.

Why BP would not want to have a coordinator foreman of all the jobs being done, just does not make sense and seems negligent.

Yep, sounds like a fragmented mess.

More than five weeks before disaster, the rig was hit by several sudden pulsations of gas called “kicks” and a pipe had become stuck in the well. The blowout preventer, designed to seal the well in an emergency, had been discovered to be leaking fluids at least three times.

Dealing with these problems required teamwork, a challenge to the throng of different companies with responsibilities on the rig. Of the 126 people present on the day of the explosion, only eight were employees of BP. The interests of the workers did not always align.

In testimony to government investigators, rig workers repeatedly described a “natural conflict” between BP, which can make more money by completing drilling jobs quickly, and Transocean, which receives a leasing fee from BP every day that it continues drilling.

Halliburton was also on hand to provide cementing services, while a subsidiary monitored various drilling fluids. A different company provided drilling fluid systems, another provided technicians to operate the remote-control vehicles that are they eyes of the rig crew deep underwater, and yet another provided the well casing.

Amid this tangle of overlapping authority and competing interests, no one was solely responsible for ensuring the rig’s safety, and communication was a constant challenge.

“I don’t have a feeling that there is somebody who has a handle on the coordination of all the activities on this vessel, going from routine to crisis,” Captain Nguyen said during one hearing. “BP is in charge of certain things, Transocean is in charge of certain things.”

Financial concerns added pressures on the rig.

BP had fallen behind schedule and over budget, paying roughly $500,000 a day to lease the rig from Transocean. The rig was 43 days late for starting a new drilling job for BP by the day of the explosion, a delay that had already cost the company more than $21 million.

With the clock ticking, bad decisions went unchecked, warning signs went unheeded and small lapses compounded.

In Gulf, It Was Unclear Who Was in Charge of Rig - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
there was no one person BP put in charge of everyone they had subcontracted...it was chaos.

Why BP would not want to have a coordinator foreman of all the jobs being done, just does not make sense and seems negligent.

HUH?

"BP, now under federal scrutiny because of its role in the deadly Gulf of Mexico explosion and oil spill, is one of three finalists for a federal award honoring offshore oil companies for "outstanding safety and pollution prevention."

Did you get to read the full article in the link of the op? do so, then you will know what I am talking about!!! :eek:

On April 1, a job log written by a Halliburton employee, Marvin Volek, warns that BP’s use of cement “was against our best practices.”

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally?

WHy are they so chatty now yet refused to comment when the WSJ contacted them?!?!?!?!?

The scrutiny on cementing will focus attention on Halliburton Co., the oilfield-services firm that was handling the cementing process on the rig, which burned and sank last week. The disaster, which killed 11, has left a gusher of oil streaming into the Gulf from a mile under the surface.

Federal officials declined to comment on their investigation, and Halliburton didn't respond to questions from The Wall Street Journal.

Its not unusual for someone who is giving testimony to a government body to refuse to talk to the media about it.

Riggggggggggggggght.

Especially , when, 8 hours after completing a job, the fucking thing blows up.

Halliburton is on record with telling BP their method did not meet their practices, but halliburton did go ahead finally, and agreed to go along with BP...they still SHOULD HAVE stuck to their guns...and not agree to it.

And if MMS is not filled with a bunch of kiss ass lackeys...I don't know who is.... :(

I trust Halliburton about as far as I trust a fox in a henhouse. And, for the record, that's about as far as I'd trust BP or any other business. The 'blame game' is getting ridiculous.

HUH?

"BP, now under federal scrutiny because of its role in the deadly Gulf of Mexico explosion and oil spill, is one of three finalists for a federal award honoring offshore oil companies for "outstanding safety and pollution prevention."

Did you get to read the full article in the link of the op? do so, then you will know what I am talking about!!! :eek:

I promise I will just as soon as you assure me that their source is not conflicted by interest.

Halburton was working for BP - they knew it would be BP's responsibility if anything went wrong and so did BP.

Both Halliburton and TransOcean are trying quite hard to wiggle off the hook. So is the current Administration.... only BP is manning up.... and only BP is getting slammed. Weird.

Halburton is trying to "get off the hook" by having issued warning to BP BEFORE the rig blew up? That's not "getting off the hook" - that's what you're supposed to do.

Seriously how much BP stock do you hold?

Seriously, not that it's your business, but none. I've already answered this question several times.... Do you have a head injury that causes memory loss?

This is the same Haliburton that Amerians have slammed year in and year out, right? So, now all of a sudden, they're the good guys - is that because they are an American company?

Where did I ever say they were the "good guys" ?

Is your level of thinking really that simplistic?

I thought Halliburton was evil? Cheney? What the fuck?
Well I do believe you are correct and I feel compelled to ad that yesterday, Rep. Charles Rangel compared Obama to former Vice President Dick Cheney. "We had perhaps higher expectations than we should have."
Now Haliburton has come in out of the rain and and Obamy is about to take Cheney's place, too funny.
Obama_1.jpg

Hahahahaha..................

Last edited:

I trust Halliburton about as far as I trust a fox in a henhouse. And, for the record, that's about as far as I'd trust BP or any other business. The 'blame game' is getting ridiculous.
That's not even true. You believe everything that comes out of BP's mouth.

HUH?

:lol: Outstanding, alright!

In two separate disasters prior to the Gulf oil rig explosion, 30 BP workers have been killed, and more than 200 seriously injured.

In the last five years, investigators found, BP has admitted to breaking U.S. environmental and safety laws and committing outright fraud. BP paid $373 million in fines to avoid prosecution.

BP's safety violations far outstrip its fellow oil companies. According to the Center for Public Integrity, in the last three years, BP refineries in Ohio and Texas have accounted for 97 percent of the "egregious, willful" violations handed out by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).

BP's Dismal Safety Record - ABC News

Last edited:

What's not true?

Halburton was working for BP - they knew it would be BP's responsibility if anything went wrong and so did BP.

Bullshit.

The administration does not want to piss off Halliburton's supporters which include VP Cheney.

So Haliburton tells BP it's not safe to proceed, and the government tells BP it's all okay, continue on.

What a strange tale reality plays.

Proves you can't trust any of the players in this mess.

What's not true?

What you just wrote. My gosh you are dim!
I trust Halliburton about as far as I trust a fox in a henhouse. And, for the record, that's about as far as I'd trust BP or any other business.

Bullshit.

The administration does not want to piss off Halliburton's supporters which include VP Cheney.

Bullshit? What part of what I just said isn't true?

Forum List

Back