Stuff I'll never be able to do or want to do

Sky dive. I am deathly afraid of heights. :eek:

I used to do that when I was younger. Always hated the jumping out part but LOVE the 'chute opening. The long glide down to the ground is pretty cool too.

Too busy doing stuff to make a list of stuff I will never be able to do or want to do

• Climb any mountain, especially Mt Everest
  • Ride a bull. Was watching some stupid sports show and they had that...seriously??? WTF?!
  • Carve marble like Michelangelo. When you paint with oil, you can go over areas you'd like to improve. Marble does not allow second chances

Yeah that is a pretty good list there, I would add go deep in a submarine...although I would hitch a ride on a spaceship anyday anytime.
You just hit two at the top of my wish list, the sub and space. I've climbed a bit but will never climb Everest for three reasons time, money and talent. Getting on a 1500 lb pissed off animal, sorry I'll pass. Run with the bulls? Well take away 25 years and add a little Spanish wine and I'm more than likely in.

I really wish the extreme sports were around back in the day, I did a bit, sky dive, hang glide, rappelled, white water. Who knew you could make a living at it?

I used to do that when I was younger. Always hated the jumping out part but LOVE the 'chute opening. The long glide down to the ground is pretty cool too.

I'm willing to bet that I would not jump out. I would chicken out!
They won't let you around here. You have to jump tandem for your first couple jumps and at the place near me that does it, once you're up in the plane your tandem instructor won't let you chicken out they'll pretty much force you to go. The main reason why is because there's almost never anyone who says they didn't love every second of it. And it's almost $200 and they don't wanna see you waste it.

They won't let you around here. You have to jump tandem for your first couple jumps and at the place near me that does it, once you're up in the plane your tandem instructor won't let you chicken out they'll pretty much force you to go. The main reason why is because there's almost never anyone who says they didn't love every second of it. And it's almost $200 and they don't wanna see you waste it.

This is not true. Almost every DZ I have ever been to also offers a form of training called AFF (Accelerated Free Fall) where you go through an extensive ground school and then you go up and jump on your own with a pair of instructors. One on your main side and the other on your reserve side so that in the event that you don't pull your ripcord one of them will.

It is also highly stupid to make someone jump against their will. The lawsuits that would result from that sort of policy would put a jump school out of business in a heartbeat.

I would punch him out and throw him out! :lol: Seriously, I would fight him.

This is not true. Almost every DZ I have ever been to also offers a form of training called AFF (Accelerated Free Fall) where you go through an extensive ground school and then you go up and jump on your own with a pair of instructors. One on your main side and the other on your reserve side so that in the event that you don't pull your ripcord one of them will.

It is also highly stupid to make someone jump against their will. The lawsuits that would result from that sort of policy would put a jump school out of business in a heartbeat.

And the physical injuries that would result. ;) Lol.

Maybe not where you live but here in NJ you absolutely can not jump solo for a little while. My business partner does this as a hobby he has hundreds of jumps. I don't remember all the details of how you phase up through the process but I know for a fact you don't get to jump solo for a little while

Maybe not where you live but here in NJ you absolutely can not jump solo for a little while. My business partner does this as a hobby he has hundreds of jumps. I don't remember all the details of how you phase up through the process but I know for a fact you don't get to jump solo for a little while

I hate to be argumentative but you're wrong. Below is one of four skydiving locations, that I found in a two second search, that offer AFF in New Jersey. It is not a legal issue it is a availability issue. You have to have a certified AFF instructor to offer the class. It's as simple as that. Basically I don't really care what your buddy tells you, I actually used to skydive so my information is not hearsay.

Cross Keys & Freefall Adventures
Average Rating:
stars45.gif
4.49 out of 5 based on 41 user reviews
Next

Dropzone Summary | Reviews

Add Content

Lat: 39.7054758
Lng: -75.0330031

Address:
300 Dahlia Ave
Williamstown, New Jersey 08094
United States

856-629-7553
856-629-7585 (fax)
[email protected]
http://freefalladventures.com/ (20970 Hits)

Last Updated: 2014-03-30
Aircraft:
2 Super Otters, King Air, 182s, Helicopter

Training: AFF, Tandem

AAD: Not Required

Hook Turns: Allowed

USPA Membership: Required

Rates:
Jump Ticket: 24 USD to 14000 ft

Cross Keys & Freefall Adventures - Williamstown New Jersey - United States - Dropzone.com

I hate to be argumentative but you're wrong. Below is one of four skydiving locations, that I found in a two second search, that offer AFF in New Jersey. It is not a legal issue it is a availability issue. You have to have a certified AFF instructor to offer the class. It's as simple as that. Basically I don't really care what your buddy tells you, I actually used to skydive so my information is not hearsay.

Cross Keys & Freefall Adventures
Average Rating:
stars45.gif
4.49 out of 5 based on 41 user reviews
Next

Dropzone Summary | Reviews

Add Content

Lat: 39.7054758
Lng: -75.0330031

Address:
300 Dahlia Ave
Williamstown, New Jersey 08094
United States

856-629-7553
856-629-7585 (fax)
[email protected]
http://freefalladventures.com/ (20970 Hits)

Last Updated: 2014-03-30
Aircraft:
2 Super Otters, King Air, 182s, Helicopter

Training: AFF, Tandem

AAD: Not Required

Hook Turns: Allowed

USPA Membership: Required

Rates:
Jump Ticket: 24 USD to 14000 ft

Cross Keys & Freefall Adventures - Williamstown New Jersey - United States - Dropzone.com
Freefall adventures is where he jumps. Go read their website man. It explains the process. You don't jump solo on your first ever jump. You go through their school and you progress up to the AFF.

What is the AFP program?

The AFP program consists of 8 categories of instruction labeled A through H. Each category typically consists of 2 jumps, depending on individual performance. Categories A through E will teach you the basics, transitioning from your tandem jumps to one on one training, where you and your instructor are each wearing your own parachutes.

Category A is 2 tandem jumps. It based on policy set by the United States parachute association guidelines. To be able to jump solo you would have to show certification that you're at that stage of the progression.

Yes, this is from THEIR website, man! This is the standard nationwide for AFF. It doesn't matter which state you are in. Your buddy's school offers AFF thus ANYONE can do AFF on their very first jump. Like I said....man. I highlighted the relevant portion for the reading impaired.

So yes, you're wrong. Like I said boyo, I used to skydive. My knowledge ain't second hand.

"The AFF program was instituted in 1982 as an "accelerated" learning process as compared to the traditional static line progression. The AFF program will give you a true taste of modern sport skydiving. The ground training is a bit more extensive than S/L (~5 hours) because the student will be doing a 50 second freefall (that's right!) on his/her very first jump. The student will exit the aircraft at 10,000-12,000 feet along with two AFF instructors who will assist the student during freefall. The instructors maintain grips on the student from the moment they leave the aircraft until opening, assisting the student as necessary to fall stable, perform practice ripcord pulls, monitor altitude, etc. The student then pulls his/her own ripcord at about 4000 ft.

The official USPA AFF program is a 7 level program. Levels 1, 2, & 3 require two AFF instructors to accompany the student. These dives concentrate on teaching basic safety skills such as altitude awareness, body position, stability during freefall and during the pull sequence, and most importantly- successful ripcord pull. On level 3, the instructors will release the student in freefall for the first time, to fly completely on their own.

Levels 4, 5, 6, & 7 require only one freefall JM (less $$) and teach the student air skills such as turns, forward movement and docking on other people, moving forward, "superman" exits from the plane, etc.

Each AFF level is designed to take one jump, and requires about 45 minutes of training. After successfully performing the objectives of each level, the student moves on to the next level.

After graduating Level 7, the student enters a less structured educational program called the Integrated Student Program, where they jump on their own and with coaches to improve their skills and learn more advanced maneuvers. Once they reach 25 jumps they are ready for their A license. Once they have their A license they are free to jump however they choose, within the dictates of good judgment and the guidelines of the USPA’s Basic Safety Recommendations (BSR’s.)"

• Climb any mountain, especially Mt Everest
  • Ride a bull. Was watching some stupid sports show and they had that...seriously??? WTF?!
  • Carve marble like Michelangelo. When you paint with oil, you can go over areas you'd like to improve. Marble does not allow second chances

I would not mind riding a mechanical bull. I wonder why it's so hard? I'm sure I'd fall off immediately!

Correct. They let me jump solo after 5 jump with a trainer...... phase of 2 weeks.

I like heights, speed and sex......
In my younger years I did climb several mountains here in US and other countries.
My dream is to climb Mount Everest ( Sagarmãthâ) but my wife and rest of family was having a melt down when I was gearing for training. So I dropped it.
I also love sky jump....... so every now and then I do this maybe 6 or 8 times a year. It's a beautiful site and adrenaline rush when you are up there free fall...... so peacefully. If they let me I would like to try Burj Khalifa tower in Dubai.
I love speed.... I also bring my Italian car to a race track in San Bernardino, Ca or Miami, Fl on Saturdays where I can drive my car as fast as 160mph. It's also a heck of adrenaline rush.
Life short enjoy as much as you can.

293a30c81f14b2133693e3244ff13612.jpg

ac156c81929fbff0f469a28695860eab.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back