Stupidity credit.

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
Many people go to jail because they are stupid. But democratic fairness demands, that people with such disadvantage get some compensation. So I propose that a year of the sentence is deducted for every measure of stupidity. It is also a question how we objectively define measure of stupidity for this purpose. Your take?

Last edited:
`
`

There are many different forms of stupidity. Take this anecdotal incident I witnessed. A man was in front of a judge for over $800 in unpaid traffic tickets. The judge made him an offer. He'd drop the amount down to $400 and erase all records of the tickets and arrest if he could pay this in 3 months. The accused, much to the chagrin of his court appointed lawyer, started arguing and finally yelling at the judge saying all his tickets were racially motivated and he should pay nothing. The judge, who was black, slapped him with contempt of court and rescinded his offer to the accused.That got the man even more agitated and on his way out of court, was hit with a second contempt citation.

However novel your approach, I just don't think its practical.

Many people go to jail because they are stupid. But democratic fairness demands, that people with such disadvantage get some compensation. So I propose that a year of the sentence is deducted for every measure of stupidity. It is also a question how we measure stupidity. Your take?
Why should republicans get off scot free?

Do you know the danger of turning a republican into a democrat?

`
`

There are many different forms of stupidity. Take this anecdotal incident I witnessed. A man was in front of a judge for over $800 in unpaid traffic tickets. The judge made him an offer. He'd drop the amount down to $400 and erase all records of the tickets and arrest if he could pay this in 3 months. The accused, much to the chagrin of his court appointed lawyer, started arguing and finally yelling at the judge saying all his tickets were racially motivated and he should pay nothing. The judge, who was black, slapped him with contempt of court and rescinded his offer to the accused.That got the man even more agitated and on his way out of court, was hit with a second contempt citation.

However novel your approach, I just don't think its practical.

Can your mind be your enemy? Like a separate individual from you? I would like to invent a separate sentence for the criminals mind and a separate one for his body.

Forum List

Back