🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Suddenly dissent is no longer *patriotic*. Funny how things change...

I didn't say anything about the Bush administration, you did.

Really, I thpought you were kaz, my mistake?

Originally Posted by kaz

You don't remember how when W was president dissent was "patriotic" and now you don't hear that it's dangerous? Seriously? Are you hard of hearing, or do you just suffer from "selective" hearing?

Read the quote. It is about liberals, not the bush administration. It says how liberals are now and when Bush was President. I knew what you were referring to and I knew you'd post this without actually reading it. Owned!

So by saying "when W was president" you were not bringing up the Bush Administration but your idea of what liberals believed during that Administration? Fine. My point is that the Bush Administration was defaming anyone who dared dissent against his drive to invade and occupy Iraq. So really the coin has simply flipped.

Pub dupe idiocy. The problem is your dissent is shrill loudmouth Bullshytte, as was your last administration- a total disaster...change the channel. See my sig- more fact than a lifetim of Rush, Beck, or Red State, etc.

Last edited:
And intolerant. Don't forget intolerant.

Hugely. Statists have a huge plantat---errr...uhmmm...tent...

Everyone is welcome as you better towe the line...but don't try to leave...

It's like the old Eagle's Song..."Hotel California..."

"...You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave..."

I don't have him on ignore, I just don't pay much attention to him.

When the left is not in power, dissent is patriotic.

At the top, it's a different story:

"The left is trying to shut down the opposition. When they were out of power, dissent was patriotic. Now that they are in power, they want to use both the state and intimidation in the public square to shut down opposing views. It goes beyond boycotts to financially intimidate those who disagree with them. Now, the left is showing up at the private homes of American citizens they disagree with to intimidate them, threaten them, harass them, and make them pay for daring to have a different view."

The Left No Longer Finds Dissent Patriotic | RedState
how is this any different from then the GOP is in power? hypocrite

The GOP doesn't do that kind of thing. Scorched earth tactics are purely a Democrat thing.

Of course, the existence of the occupy movement destroys the idea that the "left" all have the same changeable opinion of dissent or that we are so easily led or that all dissent is created equal. .

Not it doesn't. It reinforces that idea.

The right certainly considers their dissenters more patriotic than OWS and vise-versa.

They are more patriotic.

how is this any different from then the GOP is in power? hypocrite

The GOP doesn't do that kind of thing. Scorched earth tactics are purely a Democrat thing.
Debt ceiling debate makes you a liar, but that's never hard to prove...

Scorched earth is what you and your kind are doing to us when every time you borrow past your credit card limit that the taxpayers are paying for, you just raise your own limit and keep sending us the bills. Look around you. Open your eyes. You learned nothing from what we are going through?

"The left is trying to shut down the opposition. When they were out of power, dissent was patriotic. Now that they are in power, they want to use both the state and intimidation in the public square to shut down opposing views. It goes beyond boycotts to financially intimidate those who disagree with them. Now, the left is showing up at the private homes of American citizens they disagree with to intimidate them, threaten them, harass them, and make them pay for daring to have a different view."

Where the fuck were you during the "You're either with us or against us/criticizing the President is giving aid and comfort to the terrorist" Bush years?

Where the fuck were you during the "You're either with us or against us/criticizing the President is giving aid and comfort to the terrorist" Bush years?

right there with the bushies shaking her head yes and saying amen I would suspect.

Yep from both sides. When Bush was president I was called unpatriotic, etc for criticizing him for invading Iraq. Now I criticizem Obama for involving us in Libya and the same ones that called unpatriotic now think I am a patriot?

The issue I had with liberals under W criticizing him for the invasion was the "Bush lied" bull shit. Democrats were in the White House 8 of the 9 years before the buildup to the invasion, they had led the Senate Intelligence committee until recently (then) and were still all over it. That Bush had in one year manipulated all the intelligence while the Democrats on the Intelligence committee were watching it was just plain idiotic. Had Democrats said we realized "we" were wrong, I'd have respected them. The shallow lie Bush had misled them was ridiculous, partisan and unpatriotic.

My main concern was that the USA does not preemptively invade a country because of that that country might do.

The Bush Doctrine now exists and is his legacy.

Yep from both sides. When Bush was president I was called unpatriotic, etc for criticizing him for invading Iraq. Now I criticizem Obama for involving us in Libya and the same ones that called unpatriotic now think I am a patriot?

The issue I had with liberals under W criticizing him for the invasion was the "Bush lied" bull shit. Democrats were in the White House 8 of the 9 years before the buildup to the invasion, they had led the Senate Intelligence committee until recently (then) and were still all over it. That Bush had in one year manipulated all the intelligence while the Democrats on the Intelligence committee were watching it was just plain idiotic. Had Democrats said we realized "we" were wrong, I'd have respected them. The shallow lie Bush had misled them was ridiculous, partisan and unpatriotic.

My main concern was that the USA does not preemptively invade a country because of that that country might do.

The Bush Doctrine now exists and is his legacy.

And you're demonstrating my point on the vacuousness of the left. I'm against invading countries that are not threatening us and I'm against meddling in their business. And I'm against it all the time.

You attack Bush and let the Democrats who went arm and arm with him off that cliff completely off the hook. You are a hypocrite. But hey, as long as there's free government cheese in it for you, doesn't matter, right uscitizen?

It wasn't the Democrats in Congress the he mislead and lied to mostly, (they, like the Statist Republicans wanted the war with Iraq and were blindly pushing for the invasion). It was the people. With the help of a compliant media (even msnbc fired Donohue for being against the war). The best example of the administration not telling the whole story was when the head of the CIA breifed President Bush in Sept of 2002 that the CIA had solid intel that Saddam did not have an active WMD program. The president never told anyone in Congress about the breifing, and of course never told the public.

What is different is the left's response.

When the GOP is in power, you proclaim dissent is "patriotic".

When dems are in power, you proclaim it's criminal, and call out the goons.

Because your dissent is based on fucking lies.

The dissent given Bush was based on the fact that HE was lying.

It wasn't the Democrats in Congress the he mislead and lied to mostly, (they, like the Statist Republicans wanted the war with Iraq and were blindly pushing for the invasion). It was the people

This is the same stupid game that uscitizen and the Democrats play. Dude, anyone with the least bit of intellectual integrity (oops, you just fell off the bus) could see that W believed what he was saying. To be a lie, he would have to know it to be false.

The point is there's a better way. We can stay out of other's business and let evil corporations get their own oil and we can let consumers pay what it costs to get it. That way we don't have to fight endless wars with terrorists and we don't unsustainable needs for oil the market can't satisfy without government involvement.

But you...uscitizen...and the rest of the Democrats have to keep repeating your mind fuck lie that Republicans are liars when they aren't, they are just wrong. So are you and your party. Start finding a better way, the free government cheese isn't worth it.

Your dissent with Obama is anything he does because hes black.

hell your party fought things they wrote and voted for to beat up on Obama.

Why such treatment of a president like NEVER before?

the only thing different about him is hes black.

then you take a gander at all the right tryng real hard to find a good reason why Trayvon Martin is dead.

You people are killing your party

Forum List

Back