Suicide

You said you had the right to forcibly stop a person from committing suicide. You made no other qualifying statements.
Never said I had a right, just said I would. I have exerted or imposed my will over people and situations ever since I was a 2nd Lt and in civilian life, mostly in a positive manner. You thought I would change in retirement? Seems a bit naive on your part.

Never said I had a right, just said I would. I have exerted or imposed my will over people and situations ever since I was a 2nd Lt and in civilian life, mostly in a positive manner. You thought I would change in retirement? Seems a bit naive on your part.
Seems a bit funny that you would think I know or care what your military service was.

and this is what you said
If they are in my presence, I have the absolute right to forcibly stop them
So yes, you said you did have the right to forcibly stop a person from committing suicide

That is by definition forcing your will on another.

Seems a bit funny that you would think I know or care what your military service was.

and this is what you said

So yes, you said you did have the right to forcibly stop a person from committing suicide

That is by definition forcing your will on another.
Aw. Do ya think? Tuff sh#t.
:auiqs.jpg:

If someone is mentally unfit somehow, I would say no.
They would need to talk to mental health professionals to find the problem and deal with it.

If someone has a medical condition that keeps them from living the life they want to live, then yes.......I can see that being an option for them.

If someone is mentally unfit somehow, I would say no.
They would need to talk to mental health professionals to find the problem and deal with it.

If someone has a medical condition that keeps them from living the life they want to live, then yes.......I can see that being an option for them.
The rub there is that anyone who is contemplating suicide outside of those that are terminally ill are automatically assumed to be suffering some mental illness.

Can a person who is not terminally make a rational decision to commit suicide?

I say yes.

Forum List

Back