Sullivan in China: 12 hours of meetings zero agreements, China tells America "Taiwan is the red line", China blocks resupplies from Philippines

China knows better than to invade Taiwan. Hassling the Philippines is the best they can do. I don’t see how they can fight off Japan, S.Korea, Taiwan , the Phillipines, Malaysia and Vietnam, with US backing? The Chinese military is shit and doesn’t have the material to launch a sea invasion. It’s all bluster and the Phillipines should just sink a Chinese ship.

#TAIWANISNOTCHINA

Taiwan will be invaded if China isn't confronted heavily. How heavily? Japan has been insisting for years that America recognize Taiwan as a nation and demand other allies do the same.

It seems Japan may know a thing or two about China and their region that perhaps the smug, uninformed Westerners do not.

Ultimately, the only reason China does NOT invade Taiwan is because they feel it will be even easier a task if as time moves along, they continue to become stronger while the U.S.A becomes weaker. All that does is delay the inevitable unless we change course sharply. History repeats itself again and again, doesn't it?

And who signed nafta and then made china the most favored trade nation.

China, the nation that made Trump's ties for him?

Business pushed NAFTA. It's all a silly argument anyway. China, India, Vietnam, wherever business can exploit cheap labor that is where they will go.

I always chuckle when people claim I am wrong but then agree with me with their replies.

You claim they went elsewhere over Covid which is just plain silly but even then, it would have been over the actions of Trump.

He negotiated the deal while bringing in billions from companies that chose to prop up Chinas economy with manufacturing there.

I have nothing against China or even their leaders. They aren't interested in real collaboration and when they see and smell weakness, they pounce and exploit. That's not on them, that's on Western leadership.

If citizens cannot produce good enough leaders in the West, why should China be blamed?

Pelosi? Schumer? Newsom? Paul Ryan?

Are these the leaders who you want in place when dealing with a threat the likes that which China poses?

Taiwan will be invaded if Chiina isn't confronted heavily. How heavily? Japan has been insisting for years that America recognize Taiwan as a nation and demand other allies do the same.

It seems Japan may know a thing or two about China and their region that perhaps the smug, uninformed Westerners do not.

Ultimately, the only reason China does NOT invade Taiwan is because they feel it will be even easier a task if as time moves along, they continue to become stronger while the U.S.A becomes weaker. All that does is delay the inevitable unless we change course sharply. History repeats itself again and again, doesn't it?

China will just wait us out. We're about to be irrelevant and then they'll take over. We may utter a whimper but thats about it.

Taiwan will be invaded if China isn't confronted heavily. How heavily? Japan has been insisted for years that America recognize Taiwan as a nation and demand other allies do the same.

Ultimately, the only reason China does NOT invade Taiwan is because they feel it will be even easier a task if as time moves along, they continue to become stronger while the U.S.A becomes weaker/
China will not invade, because the don’t have the navy. Any attempt would be destroyed before they reached the beaches. Chinese saber-rattling is merely a coverup for their economic problems. The US military is not weak and the CCP knows it.

#NOWUMAO

Really? There is a reason Biden didn't reverse the tariffs on China.

\The U.S. collected $41 billion in fiscal year 2018, and has collected $34.7 billion through the first six months of this fiscal year.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projects that the U.S. will collect $74 billion in fiscal year 2019.

I'm not here to defend Biden. He is as clueless on the world stage as was Trump.

Taxpayers are paying that money BTW. See the earlier link (provided by a Trump supporter)

China will not invade, because the don’t have the navy. Any attempt would be destroyed before they reached the beaches. Chinese saber-rattling is merely a coverup for their economic problems. The US military is not weak and the CCP knows it.

#NOWUMAO

They don't have navy? Huh?

They have the largest navy on earth and every vehicle they have designed in the last 4 years have been with the focus on an amphibious invasion.

Ditto for their missile development. Some of which are designed to sink watercraft in the area, such as American freighters and/or carriers. This is compounded by a Taiwan that is woefully inadequate and prepared. I imagine that Trump would change this substantially and Taiwan would get the weapons and training they need.

I suggest you do an honest and objective deep-dive. There are challenges to an invasion no doubt, especially the route they may be forced. That is assumptions though, not unlike the assumptions the French made when attacked by the Germans. They didn't think there was any way the Germans would take the "impossible route", they always assumed it would be through Belgium. Quite wrong as it were with disasterous consequences for humanity.

China is not too proud, they like to copy and learn. I believe they will take the unorthodox path into Taiwan, not as direct as we might presume. This is why they are slowly expanding their territorial reach and why the Philippines is so important.

Now this has been multiple meetings of U.S officials with China, in China. To the Communists this conveys that the U.S is in the inferior position, traveling there with hopes of appeasement (as if the last 20 years have borne fruit).

In comparison, Chinese delegates have reached out multiple times to Trumps team without success. Trump is out of the gates letting them know "if I win the election, America is going to be the Big Dog in this relationship".

They know Trump will reassemble the special cyber operation he funded which focused on China through the CIA and military. They know he will add significant funding to counter China in the murky spyworld.

China was in the tank for Biden this was clear. I can't imagine anything but giddiness of a Harris/Walz presidency. In fact, this may have been their objective for a couple of years after Biden showed himself to be a little too tough on them.

With the glowing reviews by MSM and their owners. I almost start to feel that they want WWIII. Somehow they see profits if America has to interject militarily in the South China Sea, I don't know. Japan, Philippines and the island chains are at risk.

Clinton, Bush and Obama were all very weak on China which really put us in this mess. These people see dollar signs around every corner but never danger, even when dealing with Communists. Biden has applied some good efforts but the constant outreach without reward is a bit troubling.

'Stop spreading false narratives': China warns Sullivan to stop colluding with Taiwan during Beijing visit

China blocks Philippine resupply mission to Escoda Shoal

Um, Taiwan and the South China Sea are China's territory. The Filipinos should not be trying to claim an Island by putting a wrecked ship on it and then resupplying the ship.

What you Sinophobes don't get is that the red line with China is not respecting her national sovereignty.

Going to war over Taiwan would be stupid. Going to war over some uninhabited Islands in the "South China Sea" would be even stupider. (The Chinese just call it Nan Hai, the South Sea).

Personally, I am glad we have Walz on the Ticket, someone who speaks fluent Mandarin, has lived and taught in China, and understands Chinese culture. That means we'd be less inclined to do something stupid.

He negotiated the deal while bringing in billions from companies that chose to prop up Chinas economy with manufacturing there.

I have nothing against China or even their leaders. They aren't interested in real collaboration and when they see and smell weakness, they pounce and exploit. That's not on them, that's on Western leadership.

If citizens cannot produce good enough leaders in the West, why should China be blamed?

Pelosi? Schumer? Newsom? Paul Ryan?

Are these the leaders who you want in place when dealing with a threat the likes that which China poses?
He doesn't care.

Taiwan will be invaded if China isn't confronted heavily. How heavily? Japan has been insisting for years that America recognize Taiwan as a nation and demand other allies do the same.

Taiwan will be invaded if they keep doing stupid shit that provokes China.

Taiwan is part of China. This is an internal Chinese issue and we need to keep the fuck out of it, and let the Chinese work it out for themselves.

The main reason China doesn't invade Taiwan is that it doesn't feel a need to. As long as the world recognizes on paper that Taiwan is part of China and serves a useful purpose of helping China access markets, then China is happy to wait it out until Taiwan collapses in its own Demographic Death Spiral.

By 2100, Tawain's population will fall to 10 million, most of whom will be old people. Now, this might seem like a long time to wait, but keep in mind that China is a 4000-year-old civilization.

Um, Taiwan and the South China Sea are China's territory. The Filipinos should not be trying to claim an Island by putting a wrecked ship on it and then resupplying the ship.

What you Sinophobes don't get is that the red line with China is not respecting her national sovereignty.

Going to war over Taiwan would be stupid. Going to war over some uninhabited Islands in the "South China Sea" would be even stupider. (The Chinese just call it Nan Hai, the South Sea).

Personally, I am glad we have Walz on the Ticket, someone who speaks fluent Mandarin, has lived and taught in China, and understands Chinese culture. That means we'd be less inclined to do something stupid.
Ayep, JoeB131, wrong as usual. What I know that Joe doesn't, is that if China invades Taiwan they're getting nothing but scorched earth. Those people aren't going to let China steal everything from them. They're not.

Forum List

Back