Super Bowl thread - Predictions and trash talk

Did the Chiefs? They lost to the Buffalo and Cinci. So besides them. Other than them did the Chiefs play any good passing offenses?
I'm not bragging about the Chiefs defense.

We'll see. The best thing the Eagles defense has going for it is an awesome pass rush. If Mahomes ankle is a thing, they may have their way with him.

How about this?

Over the regular season, the Chiefs earned a sub-60.0 PFF grade in run defense and tackling. They ranked 16th in the NFL in EPA allowed per run play and missed 69 tackles against the pass to lead the league.
What does that have to do with the talent gap between Mahomes and Hurts?

I've been a Chiefs fan since the days of Len Dawson, in fact he was a boyhood hero of mine, and their 1969 Superbowl championship defense was one of the best defenses in NFL history.

On the flip side, a very good lifelong friend of mine played for the Eagles when they were coached by Dick Vermeil, and another good friend finished his NFL career as a Chief.

We've all been debating about the game for days.

Personal sentiments and loyalties aside, I think Mahomes will be the primary factor in the outcome.

If his high ankle sprain has had adequate rest, and he is on his game, the Chiefs should win a hard fought, close contest. But if he is not 100%, it will be all Eagles.

I really don't care which team wins as my team is not in the Super Bowl.

What does that have to do with the talent gap between Mahomes and Hurts?
There's a talent gap between Mahomes and the rest of the league. Or, talent may not be the right word. It's more that he has a revolutionary approach to the game. His multi-sport background, and intense desire to win, has him doing shit no one has seen before. That makes him a blast to watch, regardless of his stats. But, oh, yeah - his stats are pretty good too.

Look for yourselves. I am not ALL WRONG on Mahomes SB performances' being less than spectacular.
1676045581396.png

1676046009797.png

1676046196569.png

Attachments

• 1676045845268.png
    1676045845268.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 8
Look for yourselves. I am not ALL WRONG on Mahomes SB performances' being less than spectacular.View attachment 755658

View attachment 755661

View attachment 755663
I'd argue that Mahomes' SB in 2021, the one he lost, was one of his best performances. The rest of the team collapsed, but his play was phenomenal. With virtually no offensive line, he was still throwing incredible passes - that were all too often dropped. Several of his best throws bounced off the receivers' helmets.

Watch this - twice:

There's a talent gap between Mahomes and the rest of the league. Or, talent may not be the right word. It's more that he has a revolutionary approach to the game. His multi-sport background, and intense desire to win, has him doing shit no one has seen before. That makes him a blast to watch, regardless of his stats. But, oh, yeah - his stats are pretty good too.
I totally agree. Mahomes is an all around great athlete, and when you combine that with his desire to win, he is a game changer, under ANY circumstances.

I'd argue that Mahomes' SB in 2021, the one he lost, was one of his best performances. The rest of the team collapsed, but his play was phenomenal. With virtually no offensive line, he was still throwing incredible passes - that were all too often dropped. Several of his best throws bounced off the receivers' helmets.

Watch this - twice:

Understood. Maybe his overall Playoff numbers are blowout numbers? I don't have time to look it all up and break it down. IF you go by STATS, he has a long way to go to equal "SB_ONLY" stats like Montana or Bradshaw (and that was when they could kill the QB). But Mahomes is so elusive....he seldom has any worries about that.

Look for yourselves. I am not ALL WRONG on Mahomes SB performances' being less than spectacular.View attachment 755658

View attachment 755661

View attachment 755663
Yeah that’s why I’m not so sure they will win,the only reason they won the first Super Bowl was jimmy g played worse in thst game than Mahomes did,Mahomes was nervous throughout the game,jimmy more so.I’m convinced the second Super Bowl he threw,made no sense why after the chiefs had beat them earlier in the season at tampa no less and then yet he played so badly the next time they faced them in the Super Bowl.i think if you checked his bank account after that game,you would find untold millions in it.

Understood. Maybe his overall Playoff numbers are blowout numbers? I don't have time to look it all up and break it down. IF you go by STATS, he has a long way to go to equal "SB_ONLY" stats like Montana or Bradshaw (and that was when they could kill the QB). But Mahomes is so elusive....he seldom has any worries about that.
Yeah that’s why I’m not so sure they will win,the only reason they won the first Super Bowl was jimmy g played worse in thst game than Mahomes did,Mahomes was nervous throughout the game,jimmy more so.I’m convinced the second Super Bowl he threw,made no sense why after the chiefs had beat them earlier in the season at tampa no less and then yet he played so badly the next time they faced them in the Super Bowl.i think if you checked his bank account after that game,you would find untold millions in it.
Old Yeller
Indeed Mahomes is great in the playoffs but not the Super Bowl though,so far anyways.if you recall back when Montana was winning superbowls the nfl was calling him the greatest quarterback ever which back then I thought was rediculous just as it is rediculous thst they call brady the best ever.Unitas was better than Montana,all the idiots that call brady the best ever have never seen black and white old footage of Johnny Unitas.that guy could run backwards evading rushers and throw across his body the opposite side and complete the ball deep down the field,something neither Montana or brady was able to do.

The other reason it’s rediculous calling brady the best ever is he played in the weakest division in pro sports where a high school team could beat the competition he faced.he had the luxury of coming into the game in an era when two other hall of fame quarterbacks Marino and Kelly who played in his division were retiring.

Montana and Unitas as well as Marino and Kelly never played in an era as brady did where skirts were put on quarterbacks.can you imagine how many more years they would have lasted in the nfl had they played in the same era that brady did where skirts were put on quarterbacks and defenses are not allowed to play defense anymore as they could back then? It would be a dream come true for them to play in this day and age and benefit from that,i Guarantee they would have had greater numbers than what they had and would have lasted many more years in the nfl.Marino would have tripled his passing yardage he had.

Back then it was unheard of fir quarterbacks to play into their 40,s,now it’s becoming common place because of thst reason playing with skirts on. Nobody can say with a straight face that had brady played in the era of marino and Kelly when he would have had to face REAL competition,he would have won all those division titles or been to so many superbowls.he would have lucky to get to one of them. :cuckoo:

Not only thst,the idiots here who call him the best ever same as the lamestream media that kiss his ass,they never mention had he played in the era of Marino and Kelly he would not have even lasted one season in the nfl.:abgg2q.jpg: Here is the proof,the guy is such a wuss he could not even take a mere hit to the knee by a helmet without going down and missing the entire season,yet we are asked to believe he could last more than one season in the nfl back then when quarterbacks were thrown around like ragdolls? Sure he could,and pigs can fly as well.:auiqs.jpg::laughing0301:lets be realistic here.:cuckoo:

twenty years from now,you just watch,they will start calling Mahomes the greatest ever,they always want someone new to come along to call the greatest ever.

Unitas played an in era even tougher on quarterbacks than Montana played in,neither Montana or brady could carry Johnny Unitas jockstrap.

So enough of this Tom Brady is the best quarterback to ever play the game bullshit talk already,:cuckoo:
give it a rest people,he played in era with skirts on quarterbacks,

I've been a Chiefs fan since the days of Len Dawson, in fact he was a boyhood hero of mine, and their 1969 Superbowl championship defense was one of the best defenses in NFL history.

On the flip side, a very good lifelong friend of mine played for the Eagles when they were coached by Dick Vermeil, and another good friend finished his NFL career as a Chief.

We've all been debating about the game for days.

Personal sentiments and loyalties aside, I think Mahomes will be the primary factor in the outcome.

If his high ankle sprain has had adequate rest, and he is on his game, the Chiefs should win a hard fought, close contest. But if he is not 100%, it will be all Eagles.
The side arm passes with accuracy on the scramble needs to be dealt with. The arm is more vulnerable and must be attacked with attention paid to that.

I haven't been this disinterested in a Super Bowl in years. KC and PHL are both obviously very good teams and have had seasonal performance worthy of a title, but the way that both of these teams ended up winning their conference championships seems cheap. KC gets in with some of the shittiest officiating I can remember in a game that big, and the Eagles get in by basically taking out the 49ers QB depth chart. I wish they had do-overs, but hell, even if they did, that wouldn't help SF. I guess in the future teams will have to make sure they have 3 or 4 QBs suited up for big games.

I think the Eagles front four is going to be where the game is either won or lost - that and Jalen Hurts taking care of the football. If the Eagles can make Mahomes scramble with just their front four, it's going to be very hard for the Chiefs to win. Their interior line is good at stuffing the run and their edge rush is just sickening. They can bottle Mahomes faster than he realizes. I think Reid is going to have to design some 'trickeration' and Mahomes is going to have to get rid of the ball quickly.

I haven't been this disinterested in a Super Bowl in years. KC and PHL are both obviously very good teams and have had seasonal performance worthy of a title, but the way that both of these teams ended up winning their conference championships seems cheap. KC gets in with some of the shittiest officiating I can remember in a game that big, and the Eagles get in by basically taking out the 49ers QB depth chart. I wish they had do-overs, but hell, even if they did, that wouldn't help SF. I guess in the future teams will have to make sure they have 3 or 4 QBs suited up for big games.
You guys need to wake up thst these playoffs and superbowls are as fixed as pro wrestling,every bit as much a dog and pony show as elections with the outcome decided way before the game starts,only differerence is it doesn’t always go the way they planned it,it’s been going on sense at least the early 2000 ,s of who they want to get in and win wins,

For the naysayers and apologists that say they are not fixed,you have not been watching football very long,back in the 70’s and 80’s when I was growing up,it was just once in blue moon a ref would decide the outcome of a game,it did not happen on a regular routine basis as it has been occurring sense the early 2000 ,s you are an oldie who has been around,you can attest to that as the truth right katsteve2012 .?

You guys need to wake up thst these playoffs and superbowls are as fixed as pro wrestling,every bit as much a dog and pony show as elections with the outcome decided way before the game starts,only differerence is it doesn’t always go the way they planned it,it’s been going on sense at least the early 2000 ,s of who they want to get in and win wins,

For the naysayers and apologists that say they are not fixed,you have not been watching football very long,back in the 70’s and 80’s when I was growing up,it was just once in blue moon a ref would decide the outcome of a game,it did not happen on a regular routine basis as it has been occurring sense the early 2000 ,s you are an oldie who has been around,you can attest to that as the truth right katsteve2012 .?

I wouldn't say it's fixed but the officiating has become so concerned with injuries and they've become so reliant on instant replay that they've become worse at officiating in real time (IMO). The officiating crew should also remind each other toward the end of the game, no PIs, no unsportsmanlike, no personal foul penalties unless it's just ridiculous. I know the argument is that they should call the final quarter of the game like the previous three but common sense says the refs shouldn't be the reason people talk about the game the next morning.

Ok LA RAM, stop dating me....lol.
On a serious note I agree. I have friends that played in the NFL and some of them believe this to be true. The NFL is now so commercialized that it has become more entertainment than sport, in some aspects.

Forum List

Back