Super-moron Handguns Editor at Guns & Ammo makes huge blunder

Yet even in science the slang terms become commonplace.

moron. No physicist would ever equate force with kinetic energy.

Are you sure? Couldn't the bullet leaving the barrel be a result of applied force?

Types of Forces

Once the force is applied. Then the bullet weight and speed result in kinetic energy. The force is derived from the harnessing of the potential energy of the gunpowder.

Then of course the frictional force is what imparts the spin to stabilize the projectile.

Then again frictional force also causes a decay in the velocity of the projectile.

Physics of firearms - Wikipedia

Assuming the gun and shooter are at rest, the force on the bullet is equal to that on the gun-shooter. This is due to Newton's third law of motion (For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction).

Of course. Perhaps you with your expertise in physics know a way to work around Newton's first law of motion. How does an object at rest suddenly go into motion without the action of an outside force?

This is why I originally said the snippet you posted was more accurate than inaccurate. I'd hoped to avoid this. But you want to feel superior. So how does it work that the rest of the world just doesn't understand?

Using the correct physics terms, please describe in detail how it works. You may not use any theories that reference force. So I guess you will have to use magic. Go on Harry Potter. Explain it for us simpletons.

Are you sure? Couldn't the bullet leaving the barrel be a result of applied force?

HAHAHA. My gawd you are ignorant.!!!! Yes the expanding gases exert a force on the bullet to accelerate it. And that results in the bullet having kiinetic energy. But absolutely no physicist would ever say force and KE are even close to being the same. You might as well say a meter is the same as a second..

You can be assured that old geezer forget ten times more than you'll ever know and he's still a hundred times smarter.

HAHAHA. Your defense of him proves you are as HS science impaired as he is.

I'm not claiming knowledge of science! I was merely describing just how stupid you really are. That's all.

You haven't got the sense God gave a goose, nor the intellect of a knats ass.

HAHAHA. My gawd you are ignorant.!!!! Yes the expanding gases exert a force on the bullet to accelerate it. And that results in the bullet having kiinetic energy. But absolutely no physicist would ever say force and KE are even close to being the same. You might as well say a meter is the same as a second..

So tell us using the physics terms. Or tell us your training and experience with shooting. As for me, I learned first on a .22 rifle. Then to teach me to ignore distractions my Dad taught me to shoot s .44 flintlock rifle.

I listed my Army Awards for shooting. So what do you have for experience and expertise?

You haven't listed any reason why anyone should take you seriously. Where did you get your Doctorate of Physics degree? What was your dissertation on?

But absolutely no physicist would ever say force and KE are even close to being the same. You might as well say a meter is the same as a second..

Still waiting for the information on your PHD. You have stated that No Physicist would use the term. The only way you can be sure is if you are a Professor of the subject.

FYI I have met four Physicists and they were not nearly as Anal as you are. Perhaps they are renegade Physicists. Come on Professor. Where is the information? What makes you the expert? What makes you the authority? Do you even know how to shoot a gun?

Forum List

Back