Super-moron Handguns Editor at Guns & Ammo makes huge blunder

No one's coming for my guns, been 6 decades now.

You must not live in DC, CA, HI, NY, NJ, or IL.
They have guns mod, aplenty.

550px-World_map_of_civilian_gun_ownership_-_2nd_color_scheme.svg.png

Estimated number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia

They just did...the 4th Circuit Court of appeals just ruled against you and your guns......

and the only reason you still have guns today.....the NRA, the 2nd Amendment Foundation and Gun owners of America....and all of their dues paying supporters...
Nah, I got 'em right here, all nice and shiney. Wayne can go fuck hisseph. I was an NRA member until they decided to become a political corporate hack organization.
I was an NRA member
How to spot a sociopath - 10 red flags that could save you from being swept under the influence of a charismatic nut job
#10) Sociopaths are delusional and literally believe that what they say becomes truth merely because they say it!
Yeah sure you were..

On page 21 of the april 2017 issue their handguns editor Patrick Sweeney says

"Force, in the world of physics, is one half the mass of the object times the square of the velocity"

HAHAHA Everyone who went thru HS physics knows that is the definition of kinetic energy and not at all the same as force!!!

Really a bonehead blunder and they should fire the dried-up old geezer.

Muzzle energy - Wikipedia

Force as used in the sentence is more accurate than inaccurate. The math is right.

The force that the bullet carries is the effect of kinetic energy. nitpicking it is like someone complaining that the proper term is magazine not clip. Or objecting that it is a revolver and not a pistol.
Wikipedia? LOL.

There is a difference between a magazine and a clip. Same reason we don't call the grip a handle. Being stubborn about ignorance is no virtue.

"Force, in the world of physics, is one half the mass of the object times the square of the velocity"

HAHAHA Everyone who went thru HS physics knows that is the definition of kinetic energy and not at all the same as force!!!

Force as used in the sentence is more accurate than inaccurate. The math is right.

The force that the bullet carries is the effect of kinetic energy. nitpicking it is like someone complaining that the proper term is magazine not clip. Or objecting that it is a revolver and not a pistol.
Wikipedia? LOL.

There is a difference between a magazine and a clip. Same reason we don't call the grip a handle. Being stubborn about ignorance is no virtue.

The article as most in topical magazines are not written for the anal. They are written for the average person with amateur level knowledge.

And sometimes the incorrect terms are better. As an example. There are four actions in a cylinder for a four stroke engine. The technical terms for this are intake, compression, power, and exhaust. That is far more difficult to remember for the average guy than the incorrect terms. Suck, squeeze, bang, and blow. A friend who is a master mechanic, in other words well trained and certified, likes those four alternative terms better.

And the terms are bullshit. I doubt that you would go all anal and roll your eyes in a self superior manner if in the middle of a firefight the guy next to you asked you for a clip. Then the weapon is not a technical collection of inaccurately described parts. It is a magic wand of death keeping you alive and the baddies at bay.

Now before you go all anal again. I know that the M-16 is a gas operated magazine fed shoulder fired rifle. I know the difference between the four types of firearms. I fired expert with the M-16, M-60, and M-9. I only managed sharpshooter with the Recoiless Rifle and M-203. I know and can describe the differences between the A-1 and A-2 M-16 rifles.

Now since most articles are written for the average shooter with average knowledge I guess you can start a new magazine. You can call it the Anal guide to Shooting. Then complaints like those found in this thread would be totally relevant since your readership would be other anal types. Assuming you had enough anal types to justify the costs. Chances are they would cancel their subscription when you wrote that a 9MM was "good" and send you a long hate filled letter explaining the advantages of the 1911 .45 over any 9MM.

Wikipedia? LOL.

The article as most in topical magazines are not written for the anal. They are written for the average person with amateur level knowledge.
Stupid comment. People read enthusiast magazines and articles to LEARN.

lol

Wikipedia? LOL.

lol

There are millions of people with telescopes. Most of them go out from time to time to look at the sky. Why don't most astronomy articles have nothing but dry physics language in it?

In the book Brief History of Time Steven Hawking said that his editor told him that for every math formula you cut your readers in half. Because most people who read that book won't be physics majors. They'll be curious people who want to learn but have no foundation of knowledge for the physics.

The people can understand Gravity. They can't follow the symbols used in Advanced Mathmatics. If the Altman's explanation makes sense then the people will accept what the expert says the math represents.

Thankfully the science people in question aren't as big of a jackass as you are. They don't mind explaining it in Everyman language. If they did then far more people would reject the information from the experts.

So far you have never given me reason to regret the label I put on you. You remain an unequaled jackass.

Wikipedia? LOL.

lol

There are millions of people with telescopes. Most of them go out from time to time to look at the sky. Why don't most astronomy articles have nothing but dry physics language in it?

In the book Brief History of Time Steven Hawking said that his editor told him that for every math formula you cut your readers in half. Because most people who read that book won't be physics majors. They'll be curious people who want to learn but have no foundation of knowledge for the physics.

The people can understand Gravity. They can't follow the symbols used in Advanced Mathmatics. If the Altman's explanation makes sense then the people will accept what the expert says the math represents.

Thankfully the science people in question aren't as big of a jackass as you are. They don't mind explaining it in Everyman language. If they did then far more people would reject the information from the experts.

So far you have never given me reason to regret the label I put on you. You remain an unequaled jackass.
If they read an astronomy magazine or article they would expect the right terminology, not street lingo. That's a fact, with you or without you.

Wikipedia? LOL.

lol

If they read an astronomy magazine or article they would expect the right terminology, not street lingo. That's a fact, with you or without you.

Yeah. Describing Space-Time as a rubber sheet stretched across a frame and black holes which is not the proper term as small heavy weights is the right terminology. Lol.

A magazine and a clip are so different that to confuse the two proves ignorance of a major type.

A magazine and a clip are so different that to confuse the two proves ignorance of a major type.

Wikipedia? LOL.

lol

Yeah. Describing Space-Time as a rubber sheet stretched across a frame and black holes which is not the proper term as small heavy weights is the right terminology. Lol.
You're lost. You are thinking that using proper terminology is akin to explaining science in layman's terms.

lol

You're lost. You are thinking that using proper terminology is akin to explaining science in layman's terms.

No it is accepting that some slang terms might be used in the discussion. And those terms might not be technically accurate.

[

In the book Brief History of Time Steven Hawking said .

HAHAHA. You have just proved you're a science illiterate who thinks reading "Physics for Poets" books makes him an expert on physics.

I read a lot of books. I used that one and the quote to illustrate a point. I don't remember claiming expertise in the physics field. I have claimed a level of expertise in shooting and weapons.

Yet even in science the slang terms become commonplace. The term Black Hole was a term of derision used to mock the theory of a gravitational singularity. The theory at the time was new and radical. Einstein even rejected it at first. The term Big Bang was another term of derision by those who favored the Steady State theory of the Universe. The idea that the Universe simply was. It always was, and always would be. Edwin Hubble proved the Universe was expanding.

This knowledge does not make me an expert. It does not make me qualified to teach science or anything like that. It does add to my fund of knowledge. I'm curious and want to learn as much as I can on a number of subjects.

I'm also an amateur author. To write fiction you have to understand people. So you read sociology and psychology to better understand the people. I am not an astronomer, sociologist, psychiatrist, or anything else. I've never claimed to be.

You can be assured that old geezer forget ten times more than you'll ever know and he's still a hundred times smarter.

Any day now.
The moment you let down your guard
BLAM!
Obama is out front, loading up your guns.

That's bad enough but then "they" send you to re-education camps. As your bus load goes through the gates, you see razor wire, piles of coffins, Mus-lins standing guard and the sign says you've just entered Jade Helm and your dinner will be Ebola.

Now all you can do is hope those nutters rescue you!

[emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:

Forum List

Back