🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Supermarket employee hid customers during Paris attack

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This man is certainly a hero. As a supermarket employee, his salary is probably not high so I think he should be given a huge reward for what he has done.

Yamiche Alcindor and Jabeen Bhatti, USA TODAY6:58 p.m. EST January 10, 2015

World editor Owen Ullmann talks about the Paris attacks and how home-grown terrorism is often impossible for officials to prevent. USA TODAY

635564947650436509-EPA-FRANCE-PARIS-HOSTAGE.jpg

(Photo: Olivier Hoslet, European Pressphoto Agency)

3542CONNECT 124TWEET 4LINKEDIN 19COMMENTEMAILMORE
A Muslim supermarket employee is being hailed as a hero after he hid customers during the Jewish grocery store massacre that left four dead in Paris on Friday.

Lassana Bathily, 24, a store employee and a Muslim man from Mali, led 15 people downstairs to safety, hiding several inside a freezer in the grocery's basement, according to French broadcaster BFMTV.

Continue reading at:

OK. Supermarket employees hid customers in the basement as opposed to what? Helping terrorists kill them?

Granted, these French average Joe employees have three times the guts of any Western liberal put in the same situation. Honestly, the American left is the most cowardly gaggle (wait, scratch that, the most chickenshit gaggle, ever extant. They'd turn their own children over to terrorists to save their asses. The left enshrines cowardice. In our public school systems cowardice is enshrined as an admirable human trait.

OK. Supermarket employees hid customers in the basement as opposed to what? Helping terrorists kill them?

Granted, these French average Joe employees have three times the guts of any Western liberal put in the same situation. Honestly, the American left is the most cowardly gaggle (wait, scratch that, the most chickenshit gaggle, ever extant. They'd turn their own children over to terrorists to save their own asses. The left enshrines cowardice. In our public school systems cowardice is enshrined as an admirable human trait.

Tom, what I can't understand is why people have to drag in other posters that they don't agree with like Pogo just did or drag in politics, i.e., liberals, as you just did. Why was it so difficult for both of you to either praise the young man or say nothing?

Granted, these French average Joe employees have three times the guts of any Western liberal put in the same situation. Honestly, the American left is the most cowardly gaggle (wait, scratch that, the most chickenshit gaggle, ever extant. They'd turn their own children over to terrorists to save their own asses. The left enshrines cowardice. In our public school systems cowardice is enshrined as an admirable human trait.

Tom, what I can't understand is why people have to drag in other posters that they don't agree with like Pogo just did or drag in politics, i.e., liberals, as you just did. Why was it so difficult for both of you to either praise the young man or say nothing?

Mine was irony. His is just fabricated red herring strawman scumbaggery.
It's not that I "don't agree" with Steve McRacist. It's racism I don't agree with. And it's rampant on this site of late. Relentlessly so.

Of course the guy's a hero -- that's obvious. You made that point adequately, and thanks for posting it. When I lived in Paris it was the North Africans like him I hung with. Good honest friends.

This man is certainly a hero. As a supermarket employee, his salary is probably not high so I think he should be given a huge reward for what he has done.

Yamiche Alcindor and Jabeen Bhatti, USA TODAY6:58 p.m. EST January 10, 2015

World editor Owen Ullmann talks about the Paris attacks and how home-grown terrorism is often impossible for officials to prevent. USA TODAY

635564947650436509-EPA-FRANCE-PARIS-HOSTAGE.jpg

(Photo: Olivier Hoslet, European Pressphoto Agency)

3542CONNECT 124TWEET 4LINKEDIN 19COMMENTEMAILMORE
A Muslim supermarket employee is being hailed as a hero after he hid customers during the Jewish grocery store massacre that left four dead in Paris on Friday.

Lassana Bathily, 24, a store employee and a Muslim man from Mali, led 15 people downstairs to safety, hiding several inside a freezer in the grocery's basement, according to French broadcaster BFMTV.

Continue reading at:

Read the story earlier from ndtv. Brave man

It's not that I "don't agree" with Steve McRacist. It's racism I don't agree with. And it's rampant on this site of late. Relentlessly so.

Of course the guy's a hero -- that's obvious. You made that point adequately, and thanks for posting it. When I lived in Paris it was the North Africans like him I hung with. Good honest friends.

I don't read all these forums, but from time to time I will read a few of them here and there, and I am appalled by the racism against Black people that appears on some of them. However, I don't see this particular forum as being racist against Blacks.

And you have the option to shut the hell up. This thread is about freedom of speech, about a horrific attack by 7th century animals against the most fundamental freedom of Western democracy. If you don't like what I write, then don't read it. But don't you dare presume to dictate what I should write.

And you have the option to shut the hell up. This thread is about freedom of speech, about a horrific attack by 7th century animals against the most fundamental freedom of Western democracy. If you don't like what I write, then don't read it. But don't you dare presume to dictate what I should write.

Boo hoo, Poor Tom is angry. All civilized people are for the fundamental freedoms of Western society; however, this thread was about a brave man. Did you notice the title of this thread? It wasn't about freedom of speech. Couldn't you just have said he was brave or said nothing at all if you didn't think he wasn't? There have been many threads made about freedom of speech and what is happening to this basic freedom, but this certainly wasn't one of them.

Boo hoo, Poor Tom is angry. All civilized people are for the fundamental freedoms of Western society; however, this thread was about a brave man. Did you notice the title of this thread? It wasn't about freedom of speech. Couldn't you just have said he was brave or said nothing at all if you didn't think he wasn't? There have been many threads made about freedom of speech and what is happening to this basic freedom, but this certainly wasn't one of them.

There you go again, dictating what I should say and how I should say it. There's a little Stalin screaming to get out of every Marxist, isn't there Sally?

There you go again, dictating what I should say and how I should say it. There's a little Stalin screaming to get out of every Marxist, isn't there Sally?

Ok, I get it. It was very difficult for you to praise the young man in the article. I am sure there are others reading this particular thread which is about the young man who hid those Jews in the market who felt that it was very brave of him when he could have just left and not saved the ones that he did. So if you want to argue about what the thread is about, go right ahead and talk to yourself.

I think he was from Mali. I was just astounded at his quick thinking. I like to think of myself as a "smart" person who could handle myself in a clinch but I don't think I could top this soul. Aye carumba! His actions were breath taking.

Kudos to this young man. I wish I could be there the day they honor him because he freaking rocked.

I don't read all these forums, but from time to time I will read a few of them here and there, and I am appalled by the racism against Black people that appears on some of them. However, I don't see this particular forum as being racist against Blacks.

I guess by 'forum' you mean the subheading this is under... I don't see the various subheadings as segregated; it's all under USMB and members can and do migrate from one to the next bringing, in the worst cases, their racism with them. I figured this story serves as yet another example that disproves them, though to be sure it shouldn't be necessary to do so.

I thought the point and meaning of Lassana Bathily's heroism was obvious, so I endeavored to state a meaning that was less obvious, that's all. If I meant to drag Steve McRacist into it I would have tagged him, but I think it's sufficient to mock him and his ilk as the outliers they are.

Sweetnam, by jumping completely off the bridge to entirely irrelevant parties, is I suspect one of them come to defend his own. He knows he can't do it directly so he pulled a desperation move.

"Je suis Bathily". :salute:

Sunni Man post: 10528725 said:
Most likely the emplofreedt though the store was being robbed and hid himself and a few customers.

Not so much heroic but just saving his own skin. ...... :cool:

Maybe he was a jew who shot all of the hostages and blamed it on those wonderful Muslim freedom fighters

Most likely the employee just though the store was being robbed and hid himself and a few customers.

Bathily hid the customers and ran for help. He knew he would be stopped but gone someone to listen to where the customers were. He risked getting shot to save the people he hid.

Very Frank and Geis

Most likely the employee just though the store was being robbed and hid himself and a few customers.

Bathily hid the customers and ran for help. He knew he would be stopped but gone someone to listen to where the customers were. He risked getting shot to save the people he hid.

Very Frank and Geis

If Sunni Man had been there, as a devout convert he would have told the killer where the Jews were hiding.

Sunni Man will never be where the bullets are flying. His personality is cowardly. Good on the employee.

Forum List

Back