Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the TRUMPCourt continues to erode Constitutional protections long understood.

The coach has a right to personally pray but not to coerce players to participate in public prayer

The coach was fired for ignoring instructions not to hold public prayers not for the act of praying
It is not the government's purview to decide that praying is a religious activity in the first place, jackass.

How do you know he isn't?

Alternatively, how do you know that kids don't feel pressured to join, to ensure their own playtime, etc?

You're assuming much.

Show facts that he's doing those things and, I promise you, I'll answer those questions.

I asked "IF" he wasn't doing those things. A proper response isn't "How do you know?". A proper response would be "Well, if he's not doing those things then blahblahblah"...

I read that this afternoon.
So if it isn't true take it up with the article.
What article? There are lot of articles.

Show me the one where they polled all the kids.

Also, there are lots of kkid. In 4 years, they will all be different kids.

So no matter what article you read, you don't ACTUALLY know that, now or in the future.

Now, admit it like an honest person. Admit you just think that's a chance we should take.

Show facts that he's doing those things and, I promise you, I'll answer those questions.
I didn't claim he is.

The legal dissent would be that this could cause undue influence, perceived by students or real. And that applies to every school in America, forever. So please try to remember that context.

Which is true. So, if you are to be honest, you must admit that is fine with you.

I did. It doesn't matter if he's praying quietly or loudly. It's still a freedom granted by the Constitution's 1st amendment of free expression. The Court agrees.
Fine with me. So you would have no problem with a high school coach doing a Satanic prayer after games with some of the players either.

The students did that on their own. He didnt organize anything.

Did the players? Or did they feel they had to join the coach because to do otherwise might jeopardize their status on the team?

Did all the players join in? Just a few of them?

Did the players? Or did they feel they had to join the coach because to do otherwise might jeopardize their status on the team?

Did all the players join in? Just a few of them?
Fair questions. But the wrong context.

Considering every school in the country, for the rest of time, might players feel pressured to join in?

That's the context.

A win for religious freedom. For you Constitutional remedial learners: there is no "separation of church and state" in the Constitution. The 1st Amendment says ONLY that Congress cannot establish a state religion, as in the Church of England. That's it.

That is the third one where they trashed 40 years of precedent and case law. An activist court.

How naive ARE YOU?

Of course the COACH is going to favor the players who PRAY
Naivete has nothing to do with it. I've followed this story since the beginning. He even prayed by himself after the school started whining and they even restricted that. Maybe you should school yourself before calling someone else naive--you might get addressed by the moniker you deserve, STUPID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back