Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't claim he is.

The legal dissent would be that this could cause undue influence, perceived by students or real. And that applies to every school in America, forever. So please try to remember that context.

Which is true. So, if you are to be honest, you must admit that is fine with you.
You're using words like "if" and "could" as if they should have some bearing on this.

I'd rather consider what he actually did.

Do you believe he shouldn't have taken a knee because he was being paid as a football coach?

You're using words like "if" and "could" as if they should have some bearing on this.
Because they absolutely do. In fact, in legal precedent, similar actions have been ruled unconstitutional in part because of the undue influence that could occur as a result.

Thats one of the core issues in any case regarding state sponsored religious display or prayer.

Did you not know that?

In fact, it's the core of the dissenting opinion by 3 judges in this case, which itself references precedent.

Was Kennedy forcing his team to pray?

No, he wasn't. Those who joined him did so of their own volition. The school district wrongly held him accountable for that...
I'm sorry was that a response to my post or were you responding to somebody else? I asked how you would feel if a Muslim coach had his team pray to Allah before and after games.

I look forward to the Satanist belting a out a prayer, to shout over the Baptists, monk chanting, and the pastafarians making delicious speghetti.
They’re going to have insure equal time for all expressions of religion….

2DE05639-BE22-4E08-BFAF-74FFAF8C434A.gif

Because they absolutely do. In fact, in legal precedent, similar actions have been ruled unconstitutional precisely because of the undue influence that could occur as a result.

Did you not know that?

In fact, it's the core of the dissenting opinion by 3 judges in this case, which itself references precedent.

Feelings and politics are the core of the 3 dissenting opinions.

Because they absolutely do. In fact, in legal precedent, similar actions have been ruled unconstitutional in part because of the undue influence that could occur as a result.

Thats one of the core issues in any case regarding state sponsored religious display or prayer.

Did you not know that?

The "core" of the losing side, right?

I'm Agnostic, and I don't have a single problem with what the coach did.

Now, I wonder if you'll answer my question: Do you believe he shouldn't have taken a knee because he was being paid as a football coach?

I'm sorry was that a response to my post or were you responding to somebody else? I asked how you would feel if a Muslim coach had his team pray to Allah before and after games.

I wouldn't allow that, just as I wouldn't allow a Christian coach to do it, either. If the players choose to do it, though, I don't have an issue with it...

The team wasn’t praying with him but you already knew that. Your post is what happens when your feelings rule your judgement.
It makes no sense and is a lie.

The "core" of the losing side, right?
In this case, yes. In past cases, the winning side. In more cases, in fact.

Kinda scored a point on your own goal, there.

Now, I wonder if you'll answer my question: Do you believe he shouldn't have taken a knee because he was being paid as a football coach?
Done while organizing students on the 50 yard line?

No. I think it is distasteful. And I would say the same of muslim prayer rugs at midfield at the soccer game, or Buddhist chanting in the dugout during the 7th inning stretch.

They’re going to have insure equal time for all expressions of religion….

View attachment 663055
They already do. Knives are banned in CA schools unless you're a Sikh and you carry a kirpan. Then knives are legal since 1996. Sikh Kids Could Wear Symbolic Blade at School Under Proposed District Policy Not one person has testified as to the content of Kennedy's prayers beyond to say that they were thankful that no one was hurt during the contest. Praying to a "supreme being" seems to be paramount in most religions--Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism, Confucianism, Christianity, Judaism, and Muslim. Sending thanks to a supreme being is not forcing a state-sponsored religion on anyone.

Last edited:

Did he "organize" them?

The way I read it was that he knelt to pray and students chose to join him...

No. I think it is distasteful. And I would say the same of muslim prayer rugs at midfield at the soccer game, or Buddhist chanting in the dugout during the 7th inning stretch.

Being distasteful doesn't make something wrong...

In this case, yes. In past cases, the winning side. In more cases, in fact.

Kinda scored a point on your own goal, there.

He was organizing students on the 50 yard line?
Any proof? All I’ve seen is video of him being alone.
If you have to lie to make a point( leftism) it’s not really making a point now is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back