Supreme Court Resignation rumored for summer...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Mere days after Justice Neil Gorsuch was seated on the Supreme Court, restoring the panel to full strength, a top Senate Republican said the court could soon be down a member once again – in turn giving President Trump another big appointment.

“I would expect a resignation this summer,” Sen. Chuck Grassley, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told Iowa’s Muscatine Journal.

Grassley, R-Iowa, said there was a "rumored" retirement in the offing, though he wouldn't disclose which justice was considering stepping down.

Chuck Grassley expects Supreme Court resignation 'this summer'

I am expecting at least TWO Supreme Court resignations in the next two years...Kennedy (probably this summer) and Thomas (who has been and associate justice for 25 years). If RBG or Breyer (84 and 79 years old respectively) resigns as well...the Supreme Court will be 6-3 Conservative for generations.

Thank you Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer and the rest of the Democrats for teeing up that nuclear option. :thup:

One more resignation would be great for America in the next two years while two resignations would be golden!

Want to know how Trump could instantly end partisanship (as he promised) in the government and have the liberal attack dogs completely called off, ending all the protests and restarting communication between all Americans across the aisle in one swoop? Nominate and swear in Justice Merrick Garland.

Want to know how Trump could instantly end partisanship (as he promised) in the government and have the liberal attack dogs completely called off, ending all the protests and restarting communication between all Americans across the aisle in one swoop? Nominate and swear in Justice Merrick Garland.

Dream on.

Dream on.
Oh I'm convinced Trump hates this country and everything it stands for, so he'll keep driving the stake in. But hey who knows? Maybe he'll surprise me and prove me wrong by doing this :dunno:

Justice Garland? LOL

Do you understand that by the time Trump is done there will be nothing left to remind of Barry's existence in US politics?

If this comes to pass my guess is it will be Kennedy his name was floating around as being a possibility to leave next.

Justice Garland? LOL

Do you understand that by the time Trump is done there will be nothing left to remind that Barry existed in US politics.
Doing a terrible job so far. 100 days next week, and nothing to show for it.

Mere days after Justice Neil Gorsuch was seated on the Supreme Court, restoring the panel to full strength, a top Senate Republican said the court could soon be down a member once again – in turn giving President Trump another big appointment.

“I would expect a resignation this summer,” Sen. Chuck Grassley, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told Iowa’s Muscatine Journal.

Grassley, R-Iowa, said there was a "rumored" retirement in the offing, though he wouldn't disclose which justice was considering stepping down.

Chuck Grassley expects Supreme Court resignation 'this summer'

I am expecting at least TWO Supreme Court resignations in the next two years...Kennedy (probably this summer) and Thomas (who has been and associate justice for 25 years). If RBG or Breyer (84 and 79 years old respectively) resigns as well...the Supreme Court will be 6-3 Conservative for generations.

Thank you Harry Reid, Chuck Schumer and the rest of the Democrats for teeing up that nuclear option. :thup:

Ginsberg will probably hold out as long as she can.

This means she is most likely to die in her chair.

She already looks crumpled over and dead now.

But I guess she is still at least drooling.

Dream on.
Oh I'm convinced Trump hates this country and everything it stands for, so he'll keep driving the stake in. But hey who knows? Maybe he'll surprise me and prove me wrong by doing this :dunno:

Both Obama's detested this Nation as founded so if your statement is true it shouldn't bother, you should regard it as the norm.

Dream on.

He's not driving the stake through the country.

You mean like how Obama nominated an Italian American to fill the Scalia seat?

Dream on.

He's not driving the stake through the country.
Yeah it's looking like he might be too incompetent to know how to pick it up.

Justice Garland? LOL

Do you understand that by the time Trump is done there will be nothing left to remind that Barry existed in US politics.
Gorsuch to show for it.

Rescinded BHO exec orders to show for it.

Nothing legislative sure, but that was the GOP far right's fault (and to their credit).

Justice Garland? LOL

Nothing that leftists wanted, for sure.

According to everyone else, he's done pretty good job so far.

You mean like how Obama nominated an Italian American to fill the Scalia seat?
Why do you guys want Trump to be so much like Obama? Weird :cuckoo:

Justice Garland? LOL

Gorsuch to show for it.

Nothing legislative sure, but that was the GOP far right's fault (and to their credit).
You realize Trump's orders will be just as easily reversed, right? Plus one thing that Obama did and Trump will never get rid of, is national healthcare :thup:

If this comes to pass my guess is it will be Kennedy his name was floating around as being a possibility to leave next.
Could be anybody.

Could be Kennedy and/or Thomas.

Could be Souter too.

Could be all 3 of them at the finish of this term of the court in July.

And Ginsberg could croak any day.

Justice Garland? LOL

Gorsuch to show for it.

You realize Trump's orders will be just as easily reversed, right? Plus one thing that Obama did and Trump will never get rid of, is national healthcare :thup:
I like ACA the way it is. I hope it is here to stay.

Getting rid of BHO's exec orders was a lot of work.

Forum List

Back