Suspicious package at CNN New York

Who you figure is behind this?

• Disgruntled conservative

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Disgruntled progressive

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Dem. deep state perhaps exploiting a nutcase to achieve their agenda for votes.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Rep. deep state to stage Dem. deep state staging this to achieve their agenda for votes.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
Mooch Obama has a suspicious package...

MICHELLE%2BDICK.jpg

Will the right wing party be seen poorly by people reading news about right wingers trying to kill Democrats?
Is there proof that they were sent by right wingers? Nope, not yet.

We'll see what voters think of this, but not all are going to buy it, unless we have proof.
You watch. These jamokes won't believe it even if there is proof.
Of course. That's how wingers are. Whichever end is responsible for this will deny it.

I sure hope they have the resources to find out exactly who did this.

The P.O. has a 13 ounce rule, meaning anything heavier has to be passed across the counter in person, not dropped off in a mailbox.
But who knows, if they were dropped off in a public mail box, then picked up by the carrier and taken to the transit station anyway, the 13 oz rule gets bypassed.

The dolt who did this wasn't very bright, he thought Brennan was a consultant for CNN. So maybe he was stupid enough to take all those bombs to the counter where he would possibly be on video.

All kinds of protection and CCTV went into effect after 9/11. My post office where I lived in NJ was the one used by the wacko who mailed those anthrax letters to the tv stations in NY in 2001. And they DID have CCTV after that.

What are you implying?
I'm implying that any of these could be the work of a nutcase left winger trying to drum up sympathy votes for an imminent election that appears to be a little closer than originally thought.

Or, on the other hand, it could be a the work of a right winger all twisted up by Trump rallies and talk radio.

Since the fundies on both ends are in control right now, nothing would surprise me, period.

Why would a lefty be your first impression?

Obviously a RWer would be the more logical suspect.
I don't know who did this, or in which side they exist. I do know that we're living in insane times, and the timing doesn't look good.

Only the most committed and obedient partisan would not acknowledge something that obvious.

That isn't obvious at all. It's actually a rather convoluted idea.

LOL why is it a convoluted idea?

Because it is. It's way overcomplicated.
Kill a few former presidents, a donor and other Democrats, for what? For a few votes in a midterm election?

Nope.

Far more likely that it is exactly what it appears to be. A demented righty the likes of which we see all over this board.

Wow, gee whiz, more, right before the elections about which the Democrats are becoming concerned.

Gosh, what an incredible and amazing coincidence.
So you’re implying...what?
Should be terribly obvious. As I've said, there's a chance some right wing lunatic, all juiced up on Trump rallies and talk radio, will have done this. It's also possible that some left wing lunatic, desperate for political advantage in the mid terms, will have done this.

Obviously the timing is suspect, the whole thing is. Pretty much nothing will surprise me here, either way. The lunatics are in charge.

I'm implying that any of these could be the work of a nutcase left winger trying to drum up sympathy votes for an imminent election that appears to be a little closer than originally thought.

Or, on the other hand, it could be a the work of a right winger all twisted up by Trump rallies and talk radio.

Since the fundies on both ends are in control right now, nothing would surprise me, period.

Why would a lefty be your first impression?

Obviously a RWer would be the more logical suspect.
I don't know who did this, or in which side they exist. I do know that we're living in insane times, and the timing doesn't look good.

Only the most committed and obedient partisan would not acknowledge something that obvious.

That isn't obvious at all. It's actually a rather convoluted idea.

LOL why is it a convoluted idea?
They've gone full-on obtuse on this one.

Huh? What? Where? What? Huh?

Obtuse?

Not entertaining convoluted ideas over the more likely alternative is far from obtuse.

The bombs aren't fake.

From Wired:

“The US Secret Service has intercepted two suspicious packages addressed to Secret Service protectees,” the agency said in a statement on Wednesday, referring to the packages addressed to Clinton and Obama. “The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such. The protectees did not receive the packages, nor were they at risk of receiving them.”

In a press conference Wednesday, NYPD Commissioner James O'Neill said the package contained an explosive device, and that additionally there was an envelope with white powder, which is being investigated. Further reports have indicated that congresswoman Maxine Waters, among others, had also been sent suspicious packages."""

Yes, but Water's packages are usually untraceable cash and drugs, so nobody is alarmed about those.

So why didn't they detonate, like the thread title says?

Do you not understand the word "intercepted"?
The bombs, if truly viable, were timed to go off at their destination, not at a postal transit center.
So you're saying the bomber factored in the efficiency of the USPS? She is a genius...

Bombers most likely.
Yes, the bombers were probably correct in thinking that the scrutiny for those packages wouldn't be nearly as great as if they had been shipped by FedEx or UPS.

Should not have said timed, but rather detonated by opening the seals.
Cops in NYC say they are pipe bombs.

Republicans are really getting sucked into the crazy Trump vortex of fear and violence.

But....That's what we warned you idiots about.

The P.O. has a 13 ounce rule, meaning anything heavier has to be passed across the counter in person, not dropped off in a mailbox.
But who knows, if they were dropped off in a public mail box, then picked up by the carrier and taken to the transit station anyway, the 13 oz rule gets bypassed.

The dolt who did this wasn't very bright, he thought Brennan was a consultant for CNN. So maybe he was stupid enough to take all those bombs to the counter where he would possibly be on video.

All kinds of protection and CCTV went into effect after 9/11. My post office where I lived in NJ was the one used by the wacko who mailed those anthrax letters to the tv stations in NY in 2001. And they DID have CCTV after that.

After reading very intently...I am anxiously awaiting the video results
when we see Alexandria Occasio-Cortez, licking stmaps and applying
them to the packages.

So why didn't they detonate, like the thread title says?

Best guess is they were rigged to explode upon opening. Since they were flagged as explosive devices before they were delivered..........not rocket science.

After reading very intently...I am anxiously awaiting the video results
when we see Alexandria Occasio-Cortez, licking stmaps and applying
them to the packages.

She's winning. She doesn't need to do that.

Gonna' be a cryin' game here when the radical nationalist Nazi bombers get outed on Facebook after their identity is revealed.

Trump will find a way to say that "and some are good people".

Wow, gee whiz, more, right before the elections about which the Democrats are becoming concerned.

Gosh, what an incredible and amazing coincidence.
So you’re implying...what?
Should be terribly obvious. As I've said, there's a chance some right wing lunatic, all juiced up on Trump rallies and talk radio, will have done this. It's also possible that some left wing lunatic, desperate for political advantage in the mid terms, will have done this.

Obviously the timing is suspect, the whole thing is. Pretty much nothing will surprise me here, either way. The lunatics are in charge.
Okay the latter theory is just dumb. It’s pure speculation. Just because something sounds like it could be true, it doesn’t mean it is even close to being true.

Forum List

Back