Sweden mixing things up with this Hybrid:

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
At times the EV advocates should take a step backwards and look at Hybrids because the EV lacks the infrastructure needed to support them along with the reality most people can not afford the price of EV’s.

Many EV advocates also forget even though you go electric doesn’t mean you will eliminate the dependence of oil seeing oil is needed for much more than fueling the vehicles we drive.

My personal opinion is while we advance into the EV world we as a society should focus on hybrids while working to get the infrastructure built to one day switch to the EV down the road.

Will the EV society agree?

Of course not because they are idealists that believe if we just do it then it will work but alas as I just wrote we do not have the infrastructure nor is the EV really ready for the daily grind from farm work to daily living in the City.

Anyhoo, the article linked to this thread is about Sweden car and it Hybrid that will cost more than any of you can afford but notice the style and enjoy:

It seem I have upset one of the EV advocates and my bet they have no clue what is needed to get this country to the point to have us fully EV and hate the idea that Hybrids will be wiser.

The Ford Maverick to the Toyota RAV4 are more reasonable to own, and they stretch the usage of gasoline.

Also what the EV community hasn’t solve is how do you get us off the usage of Diesel that is required for Trucks, Farm Equipment and so on, so how do you deal with this reality?

They will not give detail answers because they have no idea what fuels this economy and how EV is not ready.

At times the EV advocates should take a step backwards and look at Hybrids because the EV lacks the infrastructure needed to support them along with the reality most people can not afford the price of EV’s.

Many EV advocates also forget even though you go electric doesn’t mean you will eliminate the dependence of oil seeing oil is needed for much more than fueling the vehicles we drive.

My personal opinion is while we advance into the EV world we as a society should focus on hybrids while working to get the infrastructure built to one day switch to the EV down the road.

Will the EV society agree?

Of course not because they are idealists that believe if we just do it then it will work but alas as I just wrote we do not have the infrastructure nor is the EV really ready for the daily grind from farm work to daily living in the City.

Anyhoo, the article linked to this thread is about Sweden car and it Hybrid that will cost more than any of you can afford but notice the style and enjoy:

Perhaps moving from gas to hybrids was the next logical step.

Forum List

Back