🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Swiss tourist gang-raped in India

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
I will cross India off my list places to go and see.

"A Swiss couple was camping near a forest in India's Datia district when a group of men beat the husband and raped his wife, the district's deputy superintendent of police, R.S. Prajapati, told CNN. There were between five and seven attackers, he said.

The couple arrived in Mumbai on February 3 and were on a cycling tour across the country, said D.K. Arya, deputy inspector general of police.

The attackers stole a laptop, 10,000 rupees (US $185) and a mobile phone, he said. The victims went to police and the woman was hospitalized and later released.

Twenty people have been detained for questioning"
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/16/world/asia...-gangrape/

Disgusting human beings..

"A Swiss couple was camping near a forest in India's Datia district when a group of men beat the husband and raped his wife, the district's deputy superintendent of police, R.S. Prajapati, told CNN. There were between five and seven attackers, he said.

The couple arrived in Mumbai on February 3 and were on a cycling tour across the country, said D.K. Arya, deputy inspector general of police.

The attackers stole a laptop, 10,000 rupees (US $185) and a mobile phone, he said. The victims went to police and the woman was hospitalized and later released.

Just to put this in perspective: This kind of thing NEVER happens to tourists in the US. Right? Wrong. Tourists in the US are regularly attacked. Women are raped. People are robbed and assaulted, murdered. Writing off a whole country (India is a big country) because of one crime? Yep. You're a real smart guy. Stay home. Don't grace them with your presence. I'm sure the country and people of India will be able to handle the absence of yet another arrogant, ignorant, tunnel visioned American.

Yes, India has a problem right now with gang rapes. America has a problem right now with mass shootings. Which is worse? Anybody got some scales?

Last edited:
They did something incredibly stupid.

I disagree. That implies they were somehow naive', mistaken, not knowing what they were doing. Of course they knew what they were doing. It was pre-meditated, not an act of not thinking - but rather an act of malicious, evil intent with utter disregard for the life of the woman and her husband. I would give them 7 concurrent life sentences for that which equals life for each rape - they destroyed her life - they should not be given the opportunity to do this to another individual. Before anyone says that is too much I know a Judge who gave that sentence to one man for a first time offense raping a young boy. He will never see the light of day again - the rapist - I agree with tough laws on rape - paedophila because it sends the message our society will not tolerate it. Too many liberal judges are letting these type offenders off with 18 months probation and a short jail sentence. That must stop!!

This is why I support our 2nd amendment rights - that they not be infringed upon in any way - no demands to register weapons ( Hitler did that in his 5th year and then confiscated them from all citizens of Germany, Austria - etc ) as it is an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights. The Constitution is clear that our 2nd amendment rights are not to be infringed upon - in any way!

If this couple had a gun with them I believe they could have come out of this unharmed. It is a tragic, tragic story and India is going to have to do something about the gang rapes happening as this is happening alot lately. Two women were also gang raped on a bus over there some time back I heard. I hope these two people get the justice they deserve and the Courts convict those involved. - Jeremiah

p.s. those mass shootings in America Ezmelta is talking about on her post? They were all liberals hopped up on Prozac, Zoloft and other psychotropic drugs - every single gun shooting at schools, even the liberal cop out there who burnt up holding out in a cabin was a liberal - registered democrat - voted for Obama. Those mass murderers were ALL LIBERALS.

Keeping the guns out of liberal hands might solve a huge portion of the crime taking place in America. Why is it that liberal judges demanded armed guards at the door of every courthouse in America but refuse to agree our school children should be entitled to an armed guard at the door of their schools? Someone needs to inform the liberals that ignoring reality doesn't make it go away.

Last edited:

Just to put this in perspective: This kind of thing NEVER happens to tourists in the US. Right? Tourists in the US are regularly attacked. Women are raped. People are robbed and assaulted. Writing off a whole country (India is a big country) because of one crime? Yep. You're a real smart guy. Stay home. Don't grace them with your presence. I'm sure the country and people of India will be able to handle the absence of yet another arrogant, ignorant, tunnel visioned American.

The only thing you have given the reader a perspective on is your liberal agenda-hate America- attack, blame and villify America for everything the rest of the world does 10,000xs more than we do! You and your communist ilk disgust me with your disrespectful tone when you speak of America. How dare you!

No one is keeping you here. Buy a one way ticket and leave America because truthfully? We don't want your kind here! We've heard enough, had enough, enough is enough. Stuff a sock in it, Lady. - Jeremiah

Last edited:

I disagree. That implies they were somehow naive', mistaken, not knowing what they were doing. Of course they knew what they were doing. It was pre-meditated, not an act of not thinking - but rather an act of malicious, evil intent with utter disregard for the life of the woman and her husband. I would give them 7 concurrent life sentences for that which equals life for each rape - they destroyed her life - they should not be given the opportunity to do this to another individual. Before anyone says that is too much I know a Judge who gave that sentence to one man for a first time offense raping a young boy. He will never see the light of day again - the rapist - I agree with tough laws on rape - paedophila because it sends the message our society will not tolerate it. Too many liberal judges are letting these type offenders off with 18 months probation and a short jail sentence. That must stop!!

This is why I support our 2nd amendment rights - that they not be infringed upon in any way - no demands to register weapons ( Hitler did that in his 5th year and then confiscated them from all citizens of Germany, Austria - etc ) as it is an infringement on our 2nd amendment rights. The Constitution is clear that our 2nd amendment rights are not to be infringed upon - in any way!

If this couple had a gun with them I believe they could have come out of this unharmed. It is a tragic, tragic story and India is going to have to do something about the gang rapes happening as this is happening alot lately. Two women were also gang raped on a bus over there some time back I heard. I hope these two people get the justice they deserve and the Courts convict those involved. - Jeremiah

Stow it.

They weren't doing a tour of the US..they were doing a tour of India. And although India is emerging nation..it's still a "third world" country. And it's still subject to social mores that are alien to western nations. Citizens of India don't even travel the roads between certain times because they are dangerous. The country simply doesn't have enough to fund lots of police and other security infrastructure.

That's why it was incredibly stupid.

Here's a book that will give you a little insight on it.

Shantaram (novel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, I was kidding. Do you think international transportation of arms is acceptable?

Is it an 'infringement' of an American's rights?

Guess the guy should have had a gun.

I have several friends in Switzerland. They all own guns. I don't understand why they wouldn't have had one because the Swiss have a law that all homes must own a gun - they have an incredibly low crime rate in Switzerland because of this. The lowest crime rate in America was noting a city in Georgia that has a law all citizens must own a firearm. They had 1 rape in a year and zero home invasions, robberies, due to the law there.

Other cities in Georgia are now following suit because it is proven to reduce crime. Had the couple had a gun with them there would have been no rape. If she had a ballpoint pen with her she might want to contact Joe Biden and inform him of how that worked out. The liberals idea of defending a womans body from rape is to fling urine at the person or a ballpoint pen? lol...... Amazing how they are so quick to defend murdering the unborn on behalf of the woman but when it comes to rape? Forget about it..

Americans, this story should serve as a lesson - never give up your second amendment rights. - Jeremiah p.s. my friends in the UK have the highest crime rates, rapes, murders, vicious assaults and yet guns are banned in the UK, so that proves gun bans increase crime, they don't reduce it. The elderly are forced to defend themselves with a kitchen knife while their homes are robbed. It is an epidemic in the UK. Not so for Switzerland however! People don't do home invasions on a house they know is armed with guns. Lets teach the Liberals some common sense and get the truth out about guns. Guns don't kill people. People kill people and as you can see in the UK crime has increased 4 fold due to the ban on firearms. It's common sense, folks. Common sense.

Of course, I was kidding. Do you think international transportation of arms is acceptable?

If they have a license to carry in Switzerland - I'm sure there is procedure for taking it with them. As to our second amendment rights here in USA - forcing americans to register their weapons is an infringement of those rights. Hitler had the citizens of Germany and Austria register their weapons just prior to his order for the Nazis to seize them from all the citizens there

The historical facts prove that it is the removing of guns from ordinary citizens that opens the door for a takeover. Americans should never ever give up their 2nd amendment rights. This case of the couple - is just more proof that guns protect the innocent and not the other way around. - Jeremiah

I have several friends in Switzerland. They all own guns. I don't understand why they wouldn't have had one because the Swiss have a law that all homes must own a gun - they have an incredibly low crime rate in Switzerland because of this. The lowest crime rate in America was noting a city in Georgia that has a law all citizens must own a firearm. They had 1 rape in a year and zero home invasions, robberies, due to the law there.

Other cities in Georgia are now following suit because it is proven to reduce crime. Had the couple had a gun with them there would have been no rape. If she had a ballpoint pen with her she might want to contact Joe Biden and inform him of how that worked out. The liberals idea of defending a womans body from rape is to fling urine at the person or a ballpoint pen? lol...... Amazing how they are so quick to defend murdering the unborn on behalf of the woman but when it comes to rape? Forget about it..

Americans, this story should serve as a lesson - never give up your second amendment rights. - Jeremiah p.s. my friends in the UK have the highest crime rates, rapes, murders, vicious assaults and yet guns are banned in the UK, so that proves gun bans increase crime, they don't reduce it. The elderly are forced to defend themselves with a kitchen knife while their homes are robbed. It is an epidemic in the UK. Not so for Switzerland however! People don't do home invasions on a house they know is armed with guns. Lets teach the Liberals some common sense and get the truth out about guns. Guns don't kill people. People kill people and as you can see in the UK crime has increased 4 fold due to the ban on firearms. It's common sense, folks. Common sense.

That's absolutely false.

First off, everyone in Switzerland has a gun, because they make up the military. The ARE the army. That's the way the 2 amendment was suppose to work here..but it's been corrupted beyond all recognition.

Second off, the crime rate is low because of social spending, low poverty rates and a great standard of living.

If they have a license to carry in Switzerland - I'm sure there is procedure for taking it with them. As to our second amendment rights here in USA - forcing americans to register their weapons is an infringement of those rights. Hitler had the citizens of Germany and Austria register their weapons just prior to his order for the Nazis to seize them from all the citizens there

The historical facts prove that it is the removing of guns from ordinary citizens that opens the door for a takeover. Americans should never ever give up their 2nd amendment rights. This case of the couple - is just more proof that guns protect the innocent and not the other way around. - Jeremiah

Hitler didn't force all Germans and Austrians to give up their guns.

And most popular revolutions that succeed had nothing to do with gun rights.

Number of murders in the UK- 762
Number of murders in the US 15,962

Sorry, man, if any country is epidemic in crime, it's this one.

Incidently, the murder rate has not increased in the UK, it's declined. They went from a high of 1200 murders in 2002 to just a little under 800 last year.

Stow it.

They weren't doing a tour of the US..they were doing a tour of India. And although India is emerging nation..it's still a "third world" country. And it's still subject to social mores that are alien to western nations. Citizens of India don't even travel the roads between certain times because they are dangerous. The country simply doesn't have enough to fund lots of police and other security infrastructure.

Your blaming the victims is the only thing I find incredibly stupid here. Go back to sleep. You are obviously another liberal nutcase. - Jeremiah

That's absolutely false.

First off, everyone in Switzerland has a gun, because they make up the military. The ARE the army. That's the way the 2 amendment was suppose to work here..but it's been corrupted beyond all recognition.

Second off, the crime rate is low because of social spending, low poverty rates and a great standard of living.

Actually, you're both wrong. I recently researched this for another thread here. I'll try and find my post.

It is a myth that crime in Switzerland is low, comparatively as to all of Europe. It is also a myth that all households in Switzerland have guns or that they are required to have guns. All men must do a temporary military service. They are allowed to keep their guns, but must have permits. Only a percentage of homes in Switzerland have guns. They have fairly strict gun laws and are planning to strengthen them BECAUSE Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun violence in Europe; they are in the top 2. Much of the violence comes from suicides; also, a home with a gun, in Switzerland, is far more likely to have a gun death or injury. So the government is planning to tighten gun laws I have the facts and stats in my other post. I'll look for it.

This thing about Switzerland having so many guns and being so safe: all myth.

Stow it.

Your blaming the victims is the only thing I find incredibly stupid here. Go back to sleep. You are obviously another liberal nutcase. - Jeremiah

Yeah..in this case I am.

You see..I actually have traveled around the world.

Rule number one for travelers is to know your environment.

How many countries have you been too?

That's absolutely false.

Actually, you're both wrong. I recently researched this for another thread here. I'll try and find my post.

It is a myth that crime in Switzerland is low, comparatively as to all of Europe. It is also a myth that all households in Switzerland have guns or that they are required to have guns. All men must do a temporary military service. They are allowed to keep their guns, but must have permits. Only a percentage of homes in Switzerland have guns. They have fairly strict gun laws and are planning to strengthen them BECAUSE Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun violence in Europe; they are in the top 2. Much of the violence comes from suicides; also, a home with a gun, in Switzerland, is far more likely to have a gun death or injury. So the government is planning to tighten gun laws I have the facts and stats in my other post. I'll look for it.

Keep that in mind.

Planning on making a trip there in a few months.

:cool:

That's absolutely false.

Keep that in mind.

Until recently, many kept their weapons even after completing their military service - though rules on this have recently been tightened.

According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey, Switzerland ranks third in terms of gun ownership, behind the United States and Yemen.

Street gun violence is very rare in Switzerland, says Emma Jane Kirby, who recently investigated the subject for BBC News.

However, there are more domestic homicides and suicides with a firearm in Switzerland than virtually anywhere else in Europe except Finland, she says."

BBC News - 'Three dead' in Swiss shooting

Though the rate of gun violence doesn't come anywhere near what it is in the US, I think it's interesting that they have 'tightened' rules on gun ownership in recent years. They must be concerned about the level of violence rising. It is also interesting that Switzerland, which has been touted as having an extremely low rate of gun violence, actually has "more domestic homicides and suicides than anywhere else in Europe except Finland."

It seems they are not as in control of their gun situation as has been claimed.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Switzerland. But maybe I'm just foolhardy. (Sarcasm). Based on Jerry's post, the UK is a fearful place. LOL I've traveled all over the UK, on my own, and been to London numerous times without the least bit of problem from violence of any kind.

When I lived in Germany, it was just across the border from Switzerland. The two towns were connected, and just walking across the street was entering another country. Switizerland is a safe and peaceful country, and very pretty. As you can see by the quote, it is mostly domestic violence they are concerned about. But it is guns that are the problem. There used to be a big drug problem in Zurich, and a lot of addicts hanging out in the main park there. Haven't been there for a long time, so I don't know how it is now. I still have friends from when I lived in Germany, and when I visit them, we usually drive over to Switzerland. It's a very nice place. I've been to Basel (twice), Zurich several times, Geneva, the lake district, the Alps, etc. What part of Switzerland will you be in?

Last edited:

Keep that in mind.

Until recently, many kept their weapons even after completing their military service - though rules on this have recently been tightened.

According to the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey, Switzerland ranks third in terms of gun ownership, behind the United States and Yemen.

Street gun violence is very rare in Switzerland, says Emma Jane Kirby, who recently investigated the subject for BBC News.

However, there are more domestic homicides and suicides with a firearm in Switzerland than virtually anywhere else in Europe except Finland, she says."

Though the rate of gun violence doesn't come anywhere near what it is in the US, I think it's interesting that they have 'tightened' rules on gun ownership in recent years. They must be concerned about the level of violence rising. It is also interesting that Switzerland, which has been touted as having an extremely low rate of gun violence, actually has "more domestic homicides and suicides than anywhere else in Europe except Finland."

I wouldn't hesitate to go to Switzerland. But maybe I'm just foolhardy. (Sarcasm). Based on Jerry's post, the UK is a fearful place. LOL I've traveled all over the UK, on my own, and been to London numerous times without the least bit of problem from violence of any kind.

When I lived in Germany, it was just across the border from Switzerland. The two towns were connected, and just walking across the street was entering another country. Switizerland is a safe and peaceful country, and very pretty. As you can see by the quote, it is mostly domestic violence they are concerned about. But it is guns that are the problem. There used to be a big drug problem in Zurich, and a lot of addicts hanging out in the main park there. Haven't been there for a long time, so I don't know how it is now. I still have friends from when I lived in Germany, and when I visit them, we usually drive over to Switzerland. It's a very nice place. I've been to Basel (twice), Zurich several times, Geneva, the lake district, the Alps, etc. What part of Switzerland will you be in?

Crime rate is extremely low in Switzerland. The rest of Europe has crime rates much higher but the liberals will hide this by claiming it wasn't violence by guns. Of course because in those countries guns are banned. Therein the greater crime rates but the weapon was knives, clubs, etc. The crime in the UK is rising with the immigrants moving there and some are considering the idea that gun ownership is the solution. Thanks!

- Jeremiah

Keep that in mind.

Crime rate is extremely low in Switzerland. The rest of Europe has crime rates much higher but the liberals will hide this by claiming it wasn't violence by guns. Of course because in those countries guns are banned. Therein the greater crime rates but the weapon was knives, clubs, etc. The crime in the UK is rising with the immigrants moving there and some are considering the idea that gun ownership is the solution. Thanks!

- Jeremiah

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more absurd.

You do.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back